Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I freaking love the plot of Glee, but I hate all the GD unnecessary singing (even if you think it's necessary), maybe in the DVD's you can skip the music numbers like chapters, but not streaming :^(

anyone else love the plot and hate the music?

Addendum: ok maybe one or two was good
Depends on the episode.
I actually like quite a bit of the glee music, and sometimes I think the plots are absolute s**t.
Of course, sometimes they do have really great plots and either an over-abundance of songs or just songs that aren't all that impressive.
But then, occasionally, you get episodes with great plot and great songs, and that's the sweet spot right there.

So... yeah. I enjoy the songs, and I definitely wouldn't want to have Glee without the music. (even completely ignoring the fact that you really couldn't have a show about a singing group without the music), but I don't always enjoy the music more than the plots. Of course, sometimes I do enjoy the music more than the plot for an episode, because the writers just haven't done a good job with it.

Fashionable Player

6,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
I hate the plots on Glee. Why? because there's usually close to no continuity.

The worst plot-twist on Glee so far was Puck and Shelby shacking it up. REALLY? that was the worst plot introduced in Glee, EVER.

Also, I hate how they lightly they took Santana's "coming out" story. Sure, the part where she "walked out of the closet" to her grandma was heart-breaking and touching. The part where Finn tossed her out of the closet and then SHE forgave him for singing a slow-downed version of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" which sounds pretty amazing, but she forgave him so quickly!

Wow I wish breaking-out in song solved every problem in the world that quick. It's like Finn just gets away with everything. Like, during the Prom episode he tried to pull Quinn from her wheelchair. I understand she was "staying-in-character" until she could surprise everyone, but it's not like she was doing it to get sympathy votes, she was doing it to surprise everyone. Finn is a complete jack-a** who needs a kick to his man-hood and a slap to his pride. emotion_bigvein

BTW, what the freak did they do to Rachel's character?!!? they made her from this independent, strong-willed, "I'll do anything to become a star and be on Broadway!" to "Finn..Finn..at least I still have Finn..". The hell? Rachel from season one wouldn't have given up on her dreams THAT easily. Sure it was a major setback, but she didn't have to completely put her dreams on hold just because it didn't work out for her on the first try. emotion_donotwant

AND FINALLY .. emotion_drool

Damion and Samuel from TGP didn't even have a story in the show. Sure, we know a little bit about Rory. We know he could sing well and he used to (is) living with Brittany. We know he's a stereotypical Irish lad. We know he'll lie to get what he wants ... that's it.

Samuel? we know he's a stereo-typical Christian. Actually, Samuel's character is the one I have the most problem with. How can Quinn and Samuel's character already want to get into each other's pants when they JUST met?! -- and how can Samuel's character even consider or think about dropping his belief for a girl he doesn't even know. What a real "Christian" he is. I know he's a teenager and everything but come on, if they're going to try to develop a real "Christian" character at least they could try to not make him so weak, belief wise.

I want to hear Mercedes say "Tata-Tots" at least once in the show. Just once. Out of no where I want her to pop out of a locker and say that line. It'll make my day. Cause the spoof-verson of her always say's "Tata-Tots" xDD

The songs are O.K. My favorite mash-up is "Fly/I Believe I Can Fly". [:

oh and "Shake It Out" by Florence and The Machine <333

P.S,

Sorry for ranting on your thread. =3= .. xD
Angel Beats

The worst plot-twist on Glee so far was Puck and Shelby shacking it up. REALLY? that was the worst plot introduced in Glee, EVER.

Also, I hate how they lightly they took Santana's "coming out" story. Sure, the part where she "walked out of the closet" to her grandma was heart-breaking and touching. The part where Finn tossed her out of the closet and then SHE forgave him for singing a slow-downed version of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" which sounds pretty amazing, but she forgave him so quickly!

Wow I wish breaking-out in song solved every problem in the world that quick. It's like Finn just gets away with everything. Like, during the Prom episode he tried to pull Quinn from her wheelchair. I understand she was "staying-in-character" until she could surprise everyone, but it's not like she was doing it to get sympathy votes, she was doing it to surprise everyone. Finn is a complete jack-a** who needs a kick to his man-hood and a slap to his pride. emotion_bigvein

BTW, what the freak did they do to Rachel's character?!!? they made her from this independent, strong-willed, "I'll do anything to become a star and be on Broadway!" to "Finn..Finn..at least I still have Finn..". The hell? Rachel from season one wouldn't have given up on her dreams THAT easily. Sure it was a major setback, but she didn't have to completely put her dreams on hold just because it didn't work out for her on the first try. emotion_donotwant

AND FINALLY .. emotion_drool

Damion and Samuel from TGP didn't even have a story in the show. Sure, we know a little bit about Rory. We know he could sing well and he used to (is) living with Brittany. We know he's a stereotypical Irish lad. We know he'll lie to get what he wants ... that's it.

Samuel? we know he's a stereo-typical Christian. Actually, Samuel's character is the one I have the most problem with. How can Quinn and Samuel's character already want to get into each other's pants when they JUST met?! -- and how can Samuel's character even consider or think about dropping his belief for a girl he doesn't even know. What a real "Christian" he is. I know he's a teenager and everything but come on, if they're going to try to develop a real "Christian" character at least they could try to not make him so weak, belief wise.

I want to hear Mercedes say "Tata-Tots" at least once in the show. Just once. Out of no where I want her to pop out of a locker and say that line. It'll make my day. Cause the spoof-verson of her always say's "Tata-Tots" xDD

The songs are O.K. My favorite mash-up is "Fly/I Believe I Can Fly". [:

oh and "Shake It Out" by Florence and The Machine <333

P.S,

Sorry for ranting on your thread. =3= .. xD

not at all man, in fact this is kinda making me realize that its really a kids show, the treatment they give the audience is totally geared toward hyperactive highschool underclassmen and the like, oh well, just one less thing i have to stream on hulu

Beloved Raider

5,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
I don't know I like the music. I fast forward through the talking.
Angel Beats

But then again she did slap him and he did tell the principal it was fake. Its not like that was the ONLY thing he did to have her forgive him. And he was the one who suggested that the Glee club sing songs to her to make her feel better

Angel Beats

Yes she was using the fact that she was in a wheel chair for sympathy votes. She wanted to do ANYTHING to become prom queen since she didn't get to be prom queen last year. And Finn had a right to be mad. I understand trying to drag Quinn out of her wheel chair when she can only take like two steps is wrong but he almost missed prom with Rachel (his girl friend) to help Quinn (not his girl friend) win prom queen.

Angel Beats

Technically she wasn't going to let anything get in the way of her dream. She would either a) drag Finn to New York with her or b) just not give to craps and leave him so she can be in New York. She is a teenager and in love. remember that

Angel Beats

Its hard to develop a character in seven episodes (and while I do realize Damian has been on Glee more than seven episodes, still) They have barely developed Tina's character and she has been in Glee for all three seasons.

Samuel's character is not the typical Christian (and while I hate to point this out because I, myself, totally disagree with this.) It says in the bible that its a sin to be gay and yet Joe excepts Santana, Brittany, Kurt and all of them. Its says its wrong to get tattoo's. He has them all over his body. And while I do agree that its weird that they already want to GO at each other they ARE teenagers and they DO have hormones.

(pardon all of my bad grammar and I hope I didn't offend you or anything)

Fashionable Player

6,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
He deserved more then a slap. Yeah, I'm sure there was a few things he did to get her to forgive him but it's annoying how their relationship was O.K after a few episodes. I want the drama to last longer. I mean, being forced out of the closet is a pretty big thing, especially if your school isn't accepting.

She was? I totally need to watch the episode (I didn't watch the prom episode.. so I'm sorry for assuming!)

Yeah I guess that's true. Rachel's a teenage girl in love. Of course if her dream didn't come true, she'd have her dream boyfriend, Finn, to fall back on. I still prefer the Rachel from season one though. ^^

I have a feeling Ryan Murphy plays favorite's on the show. I don't like how he doesn't develop everyone's characters properly. He had a chance to make Tina's character great for three seasons but so far? -- nothing. I've heard a few people say that Tina will be the star of season four though.

Yeah, my bad. Samuel is totally not the stereotypical Christian, I realize this now. I'm a Christian so I should have totally seen how his whole character is a contradiction. gonk

Nah you didn't offend me. XD You made a lot of good points. ~ You basically tore my arguments apart. ;o

Dapper Song Bird
glee is a very interesting thing
I like some of the music, but not all. Like, I hate the slow songs and a few others

Fashionable Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
i like Glee Music xd xd

7,400 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
It's give and take. Sometimes the stories just don't make sense and they only give a lame excuse for them to perform a song and vice versa. My favorite episode would have to Prom-A-Saurus, mainly because they surprised me with so many songs from that episode. (Dinosaur, LYLALS, BGDC, AND TWMYB) I apologize for the acronyms.
Angel Beats
He deserved more then a slap. Yeah, I'm sure there was a few things he did to get her to forgive him but it's annoying how their relationship was O.K after a few episodes. I want the drama to last longer. I mean, being forced out of the closet is a pretty big thing, especially if your school isn't accepting.

She was? I totally need to watch the episode (I didn't watch the prom episode.. so I'm sorry for assuming!)

Yeah I guess that's true. Rachel's a teenage girl in love. Of course if her dream didn't come true, she'd have her dream boyfriend, Finn, to fall back on. I still prefer the Rachel from season one though. ^^

I have a feeling Ryan Murphy plays favorite's on the show. I don't like how he doesn't develop everyone's characters properly. He had a chance to make Tina's character great for three seasons but so far? -- nothing. I've heard a few people say that Tina will be the star of season four though.

Yeah, my bad. Samuel is totally not the stereotypical Christian, I realize this now. I'm a Christian so I should have totally seen how his whole character is a contradiction. gonk

Nah you didn't offend me. XD You made a lot of good points. ~ You basically tore my arguments apart. ;o

And on the topic of Finn, I really don't like hims so I wasn't playing favorites or anything. xD And yeah that whole situation with Santana and Finn should have last longer in my opinion. I was outed so I know what it feels like. I thought that episode was rather over done in my opinion. (except for when Kurt and Blaine sang F***ing Perfect by P!NK my two favorite characters singing my favorite song by my favorite and first role model? Oh hecks yeah!) Like the part where Santana was all like "Why are you doing this?" and Finn said "I don't want you to die" I sat there like "wait, what?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff