Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Bestie's brief side story was waaaaaaayyyyy too rushed and unrealistic. My feelings are, If they're gonna go "there" go all the way! It should have been paced better. :/ Oh well since season 2 Glee really hasn't had the best pacing of certain side stories...

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Not necessarily. One of my aunts experienced the EXACT same situation. Had the perfect guy, but once married he completely changed and became abusive. It took maybe a month and they were separated.

Bestie is probably one of the strongest, most well rounded characters on the show. All she needs is a tiny bit of a shove in the right direction and Puck's little break down did that for her. I never did see it taking long for her to get out. Which really if you think about it, is what they are encouraging. People who are in that situation to get out. And if this side plot and what happened on tonight's episode was enough to encourage even one person in an abusive relationship to get out then, well it's a good thing.

I'm just glad they touched on the subject and continued with the side plot at all since it was introduced. Plus we know that one hour long episode covers one or two weeks worth of time and this side plot was introduced a couple of weeks ago. So reasonably 3-5 weeks could have passed in the characters' lives. Some people do get out that quickly once it starts and the whole point of even "going there" was to encourage people to get out sooner rather than later.

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
volley15
Not necessarily. One of my aunts experienced the EXACT same situation. Had the perfect guy, but once married he completely changed and became abusive. It took maybe a month and they were separated.

Bestie is probably one of the strongest, most well rounded characters on the show. All she needs is a tiny bit of a shove in the right direction and Puck's little break down did that for her. I never did see it taking long for her to get out. Which really if you think about it, is what they are encouraging. People who are in that situation to get out. And if this side plot and what happened on tonight's episode was enough to encourage even one person in an abusive relationship to get out then, well it's a good thing.

I'm just glad they touched on the subject and continued with the side plot at all since it was introduced. Plus we know that one hour long episode covers one or two weeks worth of time and this side plot was introduced a couple of weeks ago. So reasonably 3-5 weeks could have passed in the characters' lives. Some people do get out that quickly once it starts and the whole point of even "going there" was to encourage people to get out sooner rather than later.

That does make sense for her character anyway. My thoughts are mostly stuck on a friend of mine who is in a situation similar to that and has this tendencey to constantly think she is the one at fault when it clearly is the other person. I was just expecting to see some mindset similar to that in Bestie. But as you have reminded me she is a strong person who doesn't take s**t from anybody! And I am very proud as well that they touched on the subject of abuse. I loved that moment with her and Puck :') I got a little emotional too I will admit.

Dapper Ladykiller

Her Puck moment was greatt!!
I also loved how the girls really tried to support her and even Sue Sylvester offered her help. it was quite nice.

i secretly shipped her and Will though... they are so tight and i think their moments had way more touch and feelings than him and emma.

Infamous's Wife

Rainbow Hero

I loved Bieste's scenes with Puck. Puck throwing things around in the locker room was a really great moment, and the way those two story lines got tied together (and traced to similar causes) was well done. This was by far my favorite story arc out of both of last night's episodes.

And I loved that version of "Mean."

5,550 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
blaugh mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers