Welcome to Gaia! ::

ITT: Glee audition suggestion request.

Suggestion video taken down
Singing video up soon

used whore
cool

No suggestions? Anything, other than "cool"?
sweatdrop
"Cool" doesn't really help me out any.
Just stick with Lean on Me.
Maybe style your hair the day that you tape the audition.
Do NOT wear the hat. The shadow covers your face far too much.

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
I auditioned too!

Check me out!

P.S. You may wanna do your hair. (As far as a look goes.) Be professional. i.e. Don't say "creaky a** benches". DO NOT sing in a low bass voice. Maintain a normal lead voice. And good luck!

Epic Azure
I auditioned too!

Check me out!

P.S. You may wanna do your hair. (As far as a look goes.) Be professional. i.e. Don't say "creaky a** benches". DO NOT sing in a low bass voice. Maintain a normal lead voice. And good luck!

Don't worry,
Rest assured, I can professionalism.

However, sing in the higher bass register?

As for your video,

***Critical Review***
Not Terrible, however....
You were awfully rigid, it would have worked to your benefit to be a little more animated and hide your nerve. Also, you appeared uncomfortable playing and singing at the same time, let alone in front of a camera. You may have been better off singing without the guitar as a crutch. With the guitar overshadowing your voice it is hard to provide an actual assessment of your vocal performance. Equally, you are too far from the microphone on your camera and the lighting is too high.
I would recommend that you get your hair styled at least. If they want you to cut it, the casting director will tell you so. You can always cut hair off, but if it is shorter than they want as a style for the character that they are casting you can't exactly force it to grow back. It's good to present a level of visual flexibility.

So far as vocal performance goes, I would love to see them finally get a true bass. However you need to find a song that provides a decent example of you utilizing as much of your range as possible.

@Epic Azure: I agree with Corvus' assessment of your video. It is shot in rather poor quality and your vocal performance seems to be stumbling around your playing of the guitar and is lacking as such. You desperately need to loosen up and infuse your vocal performance with a little soul/heart/feeling...something to make it less mechanical. Remember that a good vocal performer needs not only to work toward technical perfection, but that they should also work to project a character/emotion to be felt by the audience. This quality will help assure the casting director that you could prove a capable actor.
LIL-CUTE-J -15
wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Is that really necessary?
neutral
fat chicks
I would recommend that you get your hair styled at least. If they want you to cut it, the casting director will tell you so. You can always cut hair off, but if it is shorter than they want as a style for the character that they are casting you can't exactly force it to grow back. It's good to present a level of visual flexibility.

So far as vocal performance goes, I would love to see them finally get a true bass. However you need to find a song that provides a decent example of you utilizing as much of your range as possible.

@Epic Azure: I agree with Corvus' assessment of your video. It is shot in rather poor quality and your vocal performance seems to be stumbling around your playing of the guitar and is lacking as such. You desperately need to loosen up and infuse your vocal performance with a little soul/heart/feeling...something to make it less mechanical. Remember that a good vocal performer needs not only to work toward technical perfection, but that they should also work to project a character/emotion to be felt by the audience. This quality will help assure the casting director that you could prove a capable actor.

Thanks.

I will get a reservation at a local salon on the day I plan to shoot my audition.

Tenacious Hellhound

Corvus Rook
used whore
cool

sweatdrop

Don't screw it up.
This is your only chance.
NO PRESSURE!

Do your best and focus.
Hell_Tutor
Corvus Rook
used whore
cool

sweatdrop

Don't screw it up.
This is your only chance.
NO PRESSURE!

Do your best and focus.

User Image

cool
I'm not worried. It's not like I'll die if I don't make it.

Tenacious Hellhound

AH ah!
Well, I hope you do...
If they interview you.. in this possible future.
Say: Visit me on gaia.
And say hi to Hell Tutor.
He's awesome.
Hell_Tutor
AH ah!
Well, I hope you do...
If they interview you.. in this possible future.
Say: Visit me on gaia.
And say hi to Hell Tutor.
He's awesome.

Will do.
smile
User Image

ITT;
Fags who think Glee is srs bsns.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff