Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
As you know the Uk has the worst rates for underage sex but holland, having the youngest ever age limit of just 12 has the lowest underage rates..
I think that it is because it is not made illegal so children dont want to do it but in places like the uk it is illegal which makes children under the age of 18 want to do it even more.

What are your thoughts?
I can only see it as the childs choice. I mean, there is pressure by peers, but come on, common sense has to kick in soon.
drunkenjoe
As you know the Uk has the worst rates for underage sex but holland, having the youngest ever age limit of just 12 has the lowest underage rates..
I think that it is because it is not made illegal so children dont want to do it but in places like the uk it is illegal which makes children under the age of 18 want to do it even more.

What are your thoughts?

The sex education in Holland is very thorough and they are very open about it. They don't treat sex like some shameful and evil thing like they do in other places. The age limit is nothing to do with it. The average age for first time sex there is something like 17-19 ( I forget which).

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Klaair
I can only see it as the childs choice. I mean, there is pressure by peers, but come on, common sense has to kick in soon.

It may be the childs choice but what if the child is say 13 and i dont think that they are able to make that choice for themselves..
It makes sense that Holland will have lower underage sex rates. There aren't that many children who start to have sex before they are twelve. There are plenty of children who will have sex before they are eighteen.

That is just my theory.

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Elvendra
drunkenjoe

What are your thoughts?

The sex education in Holland is very thorough and they are very open about it. They don't treat sex like some shameful and evil thing like they do in other places. The age limit is nothing to do with it. The average age for first time sex there is something like 17-19 ( I forget which).

TAhanks for that information but the age limit being so low must have atleast some effect on it?...
It's hard to control underage sex. Youth are going to do it if they feel that they want to. Society can only influence their decisions by raising awareness of sexual transmitted diseases and preganancy.
If people are going to have sex, they're gonna have sex. No matter the age limit. stare

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
meteora101
It's hard to control underage sex. Youth are going to do it if they feel that they want to. Society can only influence their decisions by raising awareness of sexual transmitted diseases and preganancy.

But in some places they dont even go into sex education that muich coz i know some1 who has only done sex education for one year and now it has stopped so i think that they wont even know enough about it to make the right choice..
drunkenjoe
Elvendra
drunkenjoe

What are your thoughts?

TAhanks for that information but the age limit being so low must have atleast some effect on it?...

Well, not may under 12s are going to be having sex. That is probably the only reason their underage sex is so low... because the limit is so low.

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Lady Starwyn
If people are going to have sex, they're gonna have sex. No matter the age limit. stare

It has been proven that the age limit has influenced their choice of whether to have it or not along with the amount of information given about the risks of doing it..
You need to think social pressure from friends. And the fact some parents don't take the time to explain sex to their kids. My family was very open about sex. That way I wasn't in a rush to have it until I knew I wanted it. (even though I didn't get to choose my time) Communication is a key element in this.
Elvendra is right, they have less underage sex because there's less room to have underage sex because the number is so low. If we set the age limit at 89 there'd be a shitload of underage sex.

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Elvendra
drunkenjoe
Elvendra
drunkenjoe

What are your thoughts?

Well, not may under 12s are going to be having sex. That is probably the only reason their underage sex is so low... because the limit is so low.

But wont they have thought about the age limit in other countries as well before they did the survey?
I say its the most nasty thing in the world....
And whoever has sex at 12 are like... almost AIDS targets... Sex is like a drug, its addicting... once you do it you cant stop...

*"may i have one order of AIDS to go please"*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces