Welcome to Gaia! ::

is america going down the crapper?

yes 0.68181818181818 68.2% [ 45 ]
no 0.31818181818182 31.8% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

I think that everyone can at least agree that no country is perfect. It's the people in it who make a difference. If people quit bitching and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT, then maybe less people would b***h.
Soul Troll
In Canada, it can take you 6 weeks to three months to see a doctor about a serious medical problem.

In England, chavvies are mass producing white trash babies for the welfre money

In Japan, the economy is screwed and suicide is at an all time high.

If France, you'll be in your mid 20's by the time you get your first decent job, because unemployment is almost three times as high as the states.

In Germany, people are being drafted into the military just to work at public hospitals, because the pay is so low, no one wants to be a nurse.

The average Swede makes a lousy $29K a year, and loses 60% of that to taxes.

In Australia, stingrays are slaughtering evey celebrity that steps in the water. They only had three to begin with.
___

There ain't no perfect way to run a country. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just gotta roll with the tide, I guess.

It's a good country, don't let these things make you think it's worse than it is.

i dunno about the japan one. i know alot of my friends from japan are getting and spending a ton of money these days. also the car industry is getting insane over there. everyone buys a japanese car.
Does that mean you have a really big a** or a really small one I dont get it
Whorable Jesus

Dude, we here in Australia have the same problem as the UK.

Yeah, but your welfare system is a lot smaler, and your pay/taxes/price ratios are better.

Better looking girls too.

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
I think you are right gavin68, there is also a lot more teen suicide as well.
gavin68
well let see... just about everything that could go wrong, is going wrong, here is a list about everything i've notised in the past 2 years:

*parents with children getting divorced more often
*children masturbateing around age 11-12 and so forth
*TV channels making less money, more crummy shows
*amime more popular all of a sudden (not that i hate it...)
*houses the size of my a**
*trailor parks ninja
*abortion
*oil/fuel/power probloms
*depression more common
* and so on

what do you guys think?
Most of those things that you just personally dont like, not actual problems, mate.
That's what I like to call the soon end of a whole nation.
User Image
Pure as Water yet Tainted with Evil
Every country has their problems. America isn't going to end just because of those things.
Soul Troll
JDMman

its the cars damnit. if the u.s. stopped making those crappy cars, GM and ford wouldn't be in this deep s**t they are in now.

You have to understand, their employees healthcare costs them more than the steels they make cars with. Guys start at these plants making $18 an hour, and after a decade are making over $30.

Germany and Japan have way cheaper employees, so they have a lot more money to toss around.

Americans are too expensive to make things in factories. It's just the way it is.

its the 401k and health insurance that ******** up GM and FORD. also the quality of the item they produce is declining. the average american car used to last well over 10 years. todays american car cant even get close to that number. then with the numerous recalls of parts and the increasing gas prices. also the american dream for the ultimate sports car, american car industry set itself up for failure. the material they use might be the crappiest stuff next to whatever the hell korea is using in their cars, because i've seen some soda cans withstand impacts better than some of the hyundais they got out now.
JDMman
i dunno about the japan one. i know alot of my friends from japan are getting and spending a ton of money these days. also the car industry is getting insane over there. everyone buys a japanese car.

The have to drive Jap cars, foreign cars cost too much to import, and they are excise taxes to prevent them from buying them... But why the hell would they want a German car anyway?

The problm Japan is having is a shrinking population. Their parents had children faster than they did, and caring for the elderly is rediculously expensive because they outnumber workers.

Companies have to keep paying more because employees are retiring faster than new ones are graduating, and it's making their cost of living rediculous.

They also have the problem that the only way to make money is to jam yourself in a crowded city, where it's already too expensive to live.

Japan is tricky, cause no one has any brilliant ideas to solve their problems besides hauling in more foreigners, which the Japanese won't even consider.
[~+Color.Me.Insane+~]
Every country has their problems. America isn't going to end just because of those things.
3nodding
Soul Troll
JDMman

The have to drive Jap cars, foreign cars cost too much to import, and they are excise taxes to prevent them from buying them... But why the hell would they want a German car anyway?

The problm Japan is having is a shrinking population. Their parents had children faster than they did, and caring for the elderly is rediculously expensive because they outnumber workers.

Companies have to keep paying more because employees are retiring faster than new ones are graduating, and it's making their cost of living rediculous.

They also have the problem that the only way to make money is to jam yourself in a crowded city, where it's already too expensive to live.

Japan is tricky, cause no one has any brilliant ideas to solve their problems besides hauling in more foreigners, which the Japanese won't even consider.

actually foreign companies have dealerships over there. cheverolt and GM have dealers in japan. my friend while he was over there saw tons of american and european cars. the magazine EDGE is a euro/american car magazine in japan. american cars are actually very popular over there and so are german.the prices on the imported cars arent much different from american prices. a average corvette over there is around 75000. here is about 65000.
JDMman

its the 401k and health insurance that ******** up GM and FORD. also the quality of the item they produce is declining. the average american car used to last well over 10 years. todays american car cant even get close to that number. then with the numerous recalls of parts and the increasing gas prices. also the american dream for the ultimate sports car, american car industry set itself up for failure. the material they use might be the crappiest stuff next to whatever the hell korea is using in their cars, because i've seen some soda cans withstand impacts better than some of the hyundais they got out now.

You hear GM (I think) is now offering 100,000 mile warranties? That just sounds like suicide.

I have a '94 Explorer, which surprised me at how good a car it is. Problem is, it gets 15 miles to the gallon if I'm lucky. My girl drives a New Yorker - pile of s**t.Before that, and Intrepid - a serious pile of s**t. Before that, a goddamned Reliant K, probably the worst car ever made in this country.

If US car companies had figured s**t out in the early 80's, they proably could have made it. They lost so much money and so much power in those 10 yars, they can never catch up again.

In '84, Cadillac mad the "Simeron". It was a full loaded Cavalier with a chrome grill. Of course, it was still a noisy, small, ugly little Cavalier and no one fell for it.

Cadillac almost went under because of that thing.
Depression was always here just people want more attention for it now.
The puberty age is getting lower as the generations move on.
The main reason our country is in dept is the fact that we're funding for a lost cause such as the war that's going on right now. Fighting for oil is pointless because we have all we need in Alaska or in the oceans.
Of course the only reason we're fretting about oil is because the hybrid and electric cars are finally being bought more so all those rich bastards want to keep their oil mining money.
As for America in a nutshell, we're egostistical nosey assholes that can't seem to do something right so they go and mess with other countries.
Yes, I agree TOTALLY.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces