Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has a song ever made you act out of character?

Yes 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 20 ]
Somewhat 0.40384615384615 40.4% [ 21 ]
No, you're nuts 0.21153846153846 21.2% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 52 ]
1 2 >

Have you ever noticed that a certain song makes you feel/behave/act differently than you 'normally' do?

Last night, I got the new Nickleback CD, and listened to the song Animals a million times since my cd's shuffle feature doesn't do things evenly. It has been determined and noted by myself and my friend Adam that listening to that song made me drive a lot faster and recklessly than I usually do. Add to that I was in a rather ah, fidgety mood. It wasn't from anything OTHER than listening to that song.

Discuss- Has a song ever made you act strangely and out of character?
How can you say I'm nuts without defending your statement? stare
Well, music can change the way you do act and stuff. Like lyrics or just the music. Its kind of like if you play certain games and you really like to copy their moves... like a five year old, you'll become aggressive. Plus the no, your nuts thing was funny XD so thats why people picked it rofl
a pony? whee
i heart that song. and yes songs make me drive faster.. which is a problem considering i already drive excessivly fast
Yeah, some songs do that to me.
Yeah!! When ever i listen to likin Park i act all tough and emoish, it's funny to wacth!
I like to bounce around when a particular song comes on the radio. People have caught me doing this and I get humiliated by their attention.
yes of course. its how mosh pits form in nature

Yeah. some songs make me act differently, the names of those songs escape me at the moment, but I can remember that 'Y.M.C.A' always makes me want to hop around. or something weird like that.

Fat Jack a**
I like to bounce around when a particular song comes on the radio. People have caught me doing this and I get humiliated by their attention.
I remember you. I scared the hell out of Adam since I was driving around 75mph on a 50mph road. o.O
People and animals often act differently when listening to different types of music. Many experiments have been preformed to better understand these reations. In the end, the human mind reacts differently to what are called "trigger" sounds. When you feel a certain emotion, you may want to listen to a certain song, this is because it expresses your current mood or desire and sooths your mind. Softer music may be used as a calming, relaxed state, while something hard and loud may be for a angery or sometimes even content state.Of course, not everyone reacts the same, so scientific jargen is simply worth nothing.
domokun domokun
Silverflame337
Fat Jack a**
I remember you. I scared the hell out of Adam since I was driving around 75mph on a 50mph road. o.O

Thats not so bad, do it all the time whee

Yeah if I'm driving and I play "Go with the Flow" I automaticly speed up. xd
Yesterday, I was listening to Coaltar of the Deeper's "Come Over To The Deepend" album, and I felt strangly calm and very nostalgic of my childhood. o_o;
Mezmerized_Moron
Silverflame337
Fat Jack a**

Thats not so bad, do it all the time whee

Yeah if I'm driving and I play "Go with the Flow" I automaticly speed up. xd
Well yeah, except that I only had one hand on the wheel because the other was otherwise occupied. sweatdrop That was the other half of the song-trigger.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff