Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My dreams and nightmares alike are confusing to me.

I don't seem to perceive them the same way a lot of others do. They are always fuzzy and haywire. I doubt I could ever lucid dream as I seem to have absolutely no control or sentient thought while they progress. It is as though, when I wake up, I am remembering a movie I just watched; not exactly like that, but something similar.

As for the subject of nightmares, I don't even know what to say about them. It's like my mind continually drudges up more and more deranged and psychotic bullshit to keep up with my ever increasing jadedness at the thought of fear. What woke me up feeling strange and not quite right some months ago, for instance, is just another passing thought and not bothersome now.

The last thing that ever bothered me the slightest bit in a nightmare was dreaming I was on the streets by the house of an old friend of mine, and for whatever reason I brought myself up on his secondary porch. When I got there, my perspective shifted to a most unappealing image of my cat, missing all of its body but the head, its frontal chest, and front legs, pinned to a board by a knife, its legs still active and pawing/scratching at the board erratically for some kind of escape or release. As if my mind itself was trying to lull me into this horrible image from a sense of general apathy and calmness. The only thing that actually disturbed me about it was the fact that that disgusting s**t was actually a product of my own mind, so I scolded myself and went back to sleep.

I have only one true fear in the world. It is irrational and completely unfounded. The sound of a silent room, broken only by the ever present, ever quiet sound of flowing air. It induces feelings of paranoia and sometimes even hysteria in me, making me feel like I should be ready to turn and swing at any moment, and to this day I still have no idea why. It is worse than any challenge I could face, any image or thought my mind could conjure up, and even the real, sometimes terrible experiences through which I've been.

Being secluded in the sound of maddening silence is my personal nightmare.

Tipsy Grabber

CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash

I've had chronic night terrors for about seven years, starting around the same time that I developed Graves disease. Over the years, when I have dreamed it's almost always nightmares. I used to wake up six or seven times a night for no reason other than blind fear and that stopped.

Then I started sitting up in bed, eyes open and talking. My ex told me all about this (he usually played WoW at the computer in our bedroom for hours after I went to bed for work) and said that I would just stare sometimes. On rarer occasions, I got out of bed and did some traveling. Usually just to the door, and I would stop, turn around and go back to bed. The worst time that he ever told me about, I woke him up by banging on a window. When he asked what was wrong, I only pointed outside and told him that "she's going to get hurt, let me out so I can help". A few times I've woken up with sleep paralysis and other times I just wake myself up screaming. I never remember any of this, but I think I've been sleep walking again.

Lately I've been leaving my bedroom door open and finding it shut when I wake up or vise versa. I have fresh bruises on my knees from I have no idea what, and since I live alone now I've been trying to find ways to make sure that I at least stay in my bedroom where there's nothing I can hurt myself on.

You just gave me an idea for a creepypasta. twisted

want to hear it?

...Yes.

It's basically the story you have up there about sleep walking, but from the point of view of the boy-friend, and what's causing the sleep walking is a demon who takes control when she sleeps, it doesn't end well. everyone dies, and she becomes a demon-possessed zombie who kills everyone in the town.

Sounds like lame material for a creepy pasta, dude. Sorry. :[

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash

I've had chronic night terrors for about seven years, starting around the same time that I developed Graves disease. Over the years, when I have dreamed it's almost always nightmares. I used to wake up six or seven times a night for no reason other than blind fear and that stopped.

Then I started sitting up in bed, eyes open and talking. My ex told me all about this (he usually played WoW at the computer in our bedroom for hours after I went to bed for work) and said that I would just stare sometimes. On rarer occasions, I got out of bed and did some traveling. Usually just to the door, and I would stop, turn around and go back to bed. The worst time that he ever told me about, I woke him up by banging on a window. When he asked what was wrong, I only pointed outside and told him that "she's going to get hurt, let me out so I can help". A few times I've woken up with sleep paralysis and other times I just wake myself up screaming. I never remember any of this, but I think I've been sleep walking again.

Lately I've been leaving my bedroom door open and finding it shut when I wake up or vise versa. I have fresh bruises on my knees from I have no idea what, and since I live alone now I've been trying to find ways to make sure that I at least stay in my bedroom where there's nothing I can hurt myself on.

want to hear it?

...Yes.

It's basically the story you have up there about sleep walking, but from the point of view of the boy-friend, and what's causing the sleep walking is a demon who takes control when she sleeps, it doesn't end well. everyone dies, and she becomes a demon-possessed zombie who kills everyone in the town.

i thought so as well. I'm not good at making scary stuff, so when it try, i fail. i'll leave it to the masters...

Tipsy Grabber

CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash

want to hear it?

...Yes.

i thought so as well. I'm not good at making scary stuff, so when it try, i fail. i'll leave it to the masters...

It's alright. Maybe if I have time in between work sometime soon, I'll write you up something pretty.

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash

...Yes.

It's alright. Maybe if I have time in between work sometime soon, I'll write you up something pretty.

Interesting offer...

...well, i'd like to see it when it's done.

Tipsy Grabber

CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash

...Yes.

Interesting offer...

Friend me, or else I'll completely forget about it/forget your username. I'm really bad about that. Or send me a PM or something. No guarantees that it won't get lost in my inbox though.

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash

Interesting offer...

Friend me, or else I'll completely forget about it/forget your username. I'm really bad about that. Or send me a PM or something. No guarantees that it won't get lost in my inbox though.

done. also, is this slightly unsettling?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tipsy Grabber

CulixVonCupric

Nah, not unsettling. :]

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

10,400 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
nightmares are fun as ********. except when i wake up in the middle of the night because then i'll s**t my pants. especially if it's paranormal s**t. i cant do paranormal anything

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric

Lulz -->

Tipsy Grabber

CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric

Lulz --&

I feel more like a loser for knowing that that's a (possible) Spongebob line? I need to go to bed now, I think I've hit the hour of the internet where nothing useful enters my brain.

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric

Lulz --&

I feel more like a loser for knowing that that's a (possible) Spongebob line? I need to go to bed now, I think I've hit the hour of the internet where nothing useful enters my brain.

yep. "It was his hat, mr. krabbs! he was #1!" then the undead army rose, as the story krabbs made up [think creepypasta] turned out to be REAL!!!

Tipsy Grabber

CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric

Lulz --&

yep. "It was his hat, mr. krabbs! he was #1!

I read that in his voice, with the same inflection from that episode and everything.

Nooooope. Bed time.

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric
Frog Squash
CulixVonCupric

Lulz --&

yep. "It was his hat, mr. krabbs! he was #1!

I read that in his voice, with the same inflection from that episode and everything.

Nooooope. Bed time.

then the undead army rose, as the story krabbs made up [think creepypasta] turned out to be REAL!!!
User Image
this may work

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas