Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lisette333

No, I speak the oposit of Quebec French. I talk Acadian french. We have different words, but they're no written language, so we write standard french.

Mkay.
I've never heard an acadian accent.
whee
What kind of different words do you use?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oklahoman. blaugh So I can't sing without making it sound like a country song, even if I only sing metal. sweatdrop

I took speech classes to hide it, and I can fake almost any accent, but I don't know alot of slang, so I fail hard. stare

I really lay it on thick if I know someone else is from the south, because it makes their accent get worse for some reason. I love a woman with a deep Texas accent. heart

Shiberude
I've never had a problem with people calling it the "jeedy"...

...However, I've always shown distaste for those who say they "Play" gaia.

No matter how many bells and whistles they might add to Gaia online, it's still first and foremost an Internet Community. An Online Forum. It's not a game.

Of course, the people who think of gaia as a game are the same people who spam, post shitty sex-topics, and always blurt out "Internet: serious business" whenever someone shows the least bit of concern over the state of the gaian community.
Well, I didn't know you were a mass of pixels in real life, but in case no one has thought of it, I certainly am not a small dog riding on top of a robot in real life. You roleplay as the person that is represented by your pixels, because there's no way you could act like some people do here in real life. So it's all one big roleplay. Deal.

And no, roleplay =/= onlyD20 stuff. It's anything where you act like someone other than yourself. surprised

I have a weird accent, it can go from Jersey to Boston to a New York one. It's because I moved a lot when I was really little and used to be around those areas a lot. But now I live in California, so I barely have one anymore. Except for when I get mad, depressed, or annoyed. Then they come back with a vengance.

I yell like a Mexican when I'm mad, but that's only because I am one. :3
John Diefenbaker II
Lisette333

No, I speak the oposit of Quebec French. I talk Acadian french. We have different words, but they're no written language, so we write standard french.

Mkay.
I've never heard an acadian accent.
whee
What kind of different words do you use?

Um...

For "Je suis" we say "Urge chu".

Things like that.
pidgezero_two
I took French for 8 years and for the life of me I can't remember a word that has "y" in it gonk

Well "y" by itself is a word.

Um let me think about that..."y"...
I say gaia like guy-a

But I know people that pronouce it gay-a.
=o
And gee-a
I dunno which it is.
[ You didnt Notice ]
I say gaia like guy-a

=o
And gee-a
I dunno which it is.
your that dude in my friends profile!!!!

i forgot, buy your his really good friend bf/gf or something.
Lisette333
pidgezero_two
I took French for 8 years and for the life of me I can't remember a word that has "y" in it gonk

haha I should know this redface
But I don't remember
Apparently, Ive got a 'Westcoast Canadian Accent'. wtf is that? I wasnt aware I spoke differently. My cousin was visiting from Toronto, and she was like 'Ha! Youve got a Westcoast accent!'

confused

Im still trying to figure out what that sounds like.
[ You didnt Notice ]
I say gaia like guy-a

=o
And gee-a
I dunno which it is.

You are right, I believe.
I'm from New Mexico, and my accent is sort of...bland...neutral, yet not monotone.
The Painkiller
Lisette333
pidgezero_two

haha I should know this redface
But I don't remember

That's a hard one actually...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items