Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which do you think is cherished more?

Inner beauty 0.71794871794872 71.8% [ 28 ]
Physical Beauty 0.28205128205128 28.2% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]
1 2 >

When I ask the question "what's true beauty?" i always get a variety of responses. Many agree that it's inner beauty. Meaning, intellect, personality...and so on. However, I've heard such responses as "Big Boobs!". And of course, there are the people who are stuck in the middle.

But my question is...in the long run, which do you think rules out the other? Which beauty do people cherish more?

w/ me, at first sight i value physical beauty. But if someone can make me think and laugh, then i guess i'm hyponized to loving them heart
for the long run it would have to be inner beauty. physical beauty can always change
I'd rather have a girl who loves me like there is no tomorrow and will never cheat on me.
Both aspects will play some role, its inevitable. To think that either are the sole aspects of beauty is naive. There is also nothing wrong with holding physical beauty over personality, its all subjective.
thay are bouth s**t twisted twisted evil evil evil
Inner beauty is more valuable. Someone can at first sight be thought of as unattractive, but when you talk to them, your whole opinion of them changes- you see them in a completely different light. When you like someone you see the beauty in them regardless of physical appearance.

Physical beauty is not forever. We age, we wrinkle, we get blemishes. It won't matter a bit if we have a beautiful personality.
Physicall beauty probably has more impact on relationships beginning but inner beauty will sustain a relationship and make it solid rather than hollow and detached, however my opinion has very little to base itself on since i've never had a girlfriend.
sure we can all be fake and say innor beauty is what truely matters and sure i agree it does but lets be honest with ourselves we look at physical before we even talk to someone. i mean i sure as hell do.
You need both.
You're really busy with the ED threads, ya?
I think you need a bit of both in a relationship. No, I'm not saying you have to be beautiful to get a date but the other person HAS to find you attractive. You can be the ugliest duck on the planet and someone could still find you attractive, its all about preference.
I feel that most relationships or couplings start with physical attractions, especially if it is an attraction to someone you know nothing about, not even their name. Once they get to know that person, the innerself is revealed and the beauty or lack there of can end a relationship real quick.

Once you are in a relationship with a person for a good while, physical beauty and inner beauty share an equal importance. Other times, inner beauty becomes somewhat more important as physical beauty deteriorates with age.
At first i hate men, all of my boyfriends have had their knees broken, more then once. But then i meet them and their nice, or their asses. But it can't hurt to look nice too.
I won't even lie, physical beauty wins it. Although it's hard for people to care about your beauty if your a total b***h. But still, they get laid.
inner beautiy whens but you can'tbe ugly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff