Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is Gaia a stratgey game? (You must read before you vote)

No, I do not agree with you. And I read what you wrote. 0.3 30.0% [ 9 ]
Yes, I agree with you, because I read what you wrote. 0.4 40.0% [ 12 ]
No, and I didnt read what you wrote. 0.2 20.0% [ 6 ]
Yes, and I didn't read what you wrote, but I already know what you mean. 0.1 10.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
This poll closed on March 13, 2008.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

3,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I have thought over and over and over about Gaia Online. I see it as a game, a hangout and an adventure all at once. Mostly everyone says that it is a hangout. Yes, as you can see, it is a hangout, they even say it is a hangout. So, here is how it MIGHT be a game. I am stressing out the word MIGHT because I want everyone to see how I think it is.

I see Gaia as a strategy game. The reason? Well it is simple really. Gaia is like a virtural life, you get a house, a car and gold(money). You have to work hard to get the gold, like regular people would do in real life (work hard to get the money that is), you have to purchase things to make your avatar look good (like how you would self groome yourself to make yourself look nice in real life, instead this is a bit easier, you do not have to change everytime), and you get to meet people, just like we all meet people here in real life. Now, here is where the game part comes in, you pick a goal you want to achieve, and you set your mind to it. You work hard to get gold, you make right choices by rasing your gold bar and you get what you want, and when you finally get what you want, you're done, and you're finished. Unless, you want something else to do and achieve. That is where I find it to be a game.

Disagree with me? Agree with me? Discuss.

3,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Make sure you read people. Please.
User Image

I suppose that is a Cleave argument, and a lot of people do consider it a "game"
[

User Image
Gaia is whatever you want to be. Whether a game, your life, virtual reality behind a screen, faceboook with avatars, or what have you, it all depends on the person.
Hmm.. Sure that makes sense.
Who cares though.
I hate it when people make me reed. D:<

3,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Deladem
Gaia is whatever you want to be. Whether a game, your life, virtual reality behind a screen, faceboook with avatars, or what have you, it all depends on the person.

Well you are very right. ^^ It is a hangout where you can stretch your imagination to, I have heard someone call it an avatar myspace before. It does make sense though. ^^ I could not agree with you more.
If Gaia is truly a game, then I've already won.
I only 3 sentances. . .got tired . . .and voted.
BWAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA rofl

3,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
coolkidanthony12
I only read 3 sentances. . .got tired . . .and voted.
BWAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA rofl

I see... you must be tired lazy

Seeker

xxxRellDemonxxx

too late ugly avi.

3,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
AllSevenDeadlySins
xxxRellDemonxxx

too late ugly avi.

What does that possibly have to do with this? And my avi isnt ugly by the way.
Getting money for flaming people?

I like it.
I only read after strategy. If we have to work for money yada yada and its like "real life" its called a simulation game not a strategy. neutral Then I stopped reading.
Deladem

Deladem you are dead on and you sig rofl is hysterical.
Personally I see it as an awesome multi-roomed hang-out with games, role plays where you can dress and be anybody, intimate spots where you can be yourself with your friends, a place where I can express myself without feeling too exposed and so much more.
i don't really see where the game part comes in because i real life you set goals for yourself and attempt to achieve it,so....how is that a game?Without goals in real life our lives would be meaningless wouldn't they?It seems to me that this isn't a game but more of an extension of you life without the regular hassles....thats just my thinking on this anyways

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff