Welcome to Gaia! ::

I also know the tombstone was in an elven town, I actually think this was in FF1 though.
I got a good connection they are both video games end of discusion

Newbie Noob

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
Jester Of Insanity
I know in one of the FF's there was a tombstone in a graveyard, that said something about Link on it, saying he was dead.

That's it! Thank you!.

They did that because some people were expecting Final Fantasy to be a Zelda killer, but instead it turned out to be a completely different genre.
i'm stupid so i dont see a connection but of corse i have only played ffx
THERE IS NO CONNECTION ITS ALL A LIE A LIE THERE WAS NEVER ANY CONNECTION!!!!!!!! scream
Degnne
Jester Of Insanity
I know in one of the FF's there was a tombstone in a graveyard, that said something about Link on it, saying he was dead.

That's it! Thank you!.

They did that because some people were expecting Final Fantasy to be a Zelda killer, but instead it turned out to be a completely different genre.

hey wow i didnt know that! thanks! but hey, its not the direct conection i am speeking of. i will reveal it tonight

1,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Degnne
Jester Of Insanity

That's it! Thank you!.

I doubt that's the reason. Final Fantasy was a last-ditch effort to keep Square alive. It's probably just a simple joke since the grave is in Elfland and Link looks elvish.

If the connection you're talking about has something to do with the crystals, that's not much of one.

Newbie Noob

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
Sakasagami no Yura
Degnne
Jester Of Insanity

That's it! Thank you!.

I doubt that's the reason. Final Fantasy was a last-ditch effort to keep Square alive. It's probably just a simple joke since the grave is in Elfland and Link looks elvish.

I know, that confused me, too... but I read it somewhere and now I forget where, but it was a fairly reliable source. >_<
I think Link is actually a dead FF character, thats why his name is on the gravestone. Saying Link in LoZ is the only Link is like saying only one guy or lady can be called Toni...

& Link doesn't look Elvish, but looks Hylian. Because he is Hylian. Ever seen an Elf, like a proper fantasy Elf?
ramaena
i'm stupid so i dont see a connection but of corse i have only played ffx

You poor girl. Go pick up FF8 and FF7. X has better graphics but 8 and 7 are better games in my view.
ok nobodys going to get it anyway, so ill just reveal it now.

this is the opening Prolog Music during the story in Final Fantasy 4

FF4Prolog.mid

this is the Ending Credits music in Zelda: ALTTP

ZeldaEnding.mid

Coincedence? i think not! i have been searching for the answer to this mystery for ages! i even contacted Nobuo Uematsu's fan mail for an explination. (with no reply yet) eather Nobuo Uematsu is ripping of Koji Kondo, Vice Versa, or this is a well known song throughout Japan that inspired the 2 composers to use it in their works. does anyone know anything about this??
Well, they sound pretty different to me. I know the Zelda ending theme basically off by heart and when listening to the FF song, I heard maybe a few simularity, but not enough to say either song is a copy of the other.
well not copying, but there is a difinate simalarity! i dont think they were infuenced by eachother really, but perhaps by a song that is played in japaneese events. and as a musition, i think the 2 songs are similare enough to arouse suspision to a similar origin of inspiration. its not a vast conspiracy, but there is someting there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff