Welcome to Gaia! ::

In 10 years time imagine the cost of a video game would be... scream
-Radiant-Abyss-
Count yourself lucky, where I am, ALL new releases are 70 bucks, before taxes, on old and new consoles. super sucks now.
The games at Amazon are slightly cheaper than in-store game shops. Hope this helps biggrin
*Looks into a PS4 game*.... cat_burning_eyes

£50 for PS4 Assassins Creed Unity

God damn VAT!

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
SoulEaterQUEEN
Murder Toys
I wouldn't be complaining about game prices when other countries have to pay more like Australia,Uk, and Canada.

Yeah. I'm in that list. For the new dragon age game, I'm looking at 80 something dollars. Yuck.

Yeah I'm from Canada and price of games went up this year. Instead of 59.99 its 69.99
Murder Toys
SoulEaterQUEEN
Murder Toys
I wouldn't be complaining about game prices when other countries have to pay more like Australia,Uk, and Canada.

Yeah. I'm in that list. For the new dragon age game, I'm looking at 80 something dollars. Yuck.

Yeah I'm from Canada and price of games went up this year. Instead of 59.99 its 69.99

I wonder why it's so expensive though for triple AAA titles. Do you think the price changes this year are going to be permanent from now on, or temporary? :X
Development cost is ridiculous.. I don't even know how small companies could still make revenue that could surpass their investment on the game.

Distinct Tycoon

How Can She Slap Me
Development cost is ridiculous.. I don't even know how small companies could still make revenue that could surpass their investment on the game.

Apparently they have connections and suck some d**k to get publicity/money for development. : 'D
That's why I don't get them when they first come out.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Wait a few months and buy it used from someone... That's what I do most of the time... cat_wink
Go get it on eBay by winning it as a bid so you won't have to pay $60 dollars.

Or

Buy it on eBay for $50 dollars.

Distinct Tycoon

I play on pc. Otherwise I would rent or buy used so I could return it like a scumbag.
Just to reiterate what's been said, it may not look like it but whether it's $60 or $70 that's still cheaper than what some games would go for now back in the day.

I remember a game like Arc The Lad on the PS1 going for $70 from the get-go (at release) even in the states.

That'd make the price for that game even higher now than it was then. Can't afford that specific game at this moment? Then wait it out until you can.

People should really count themselves lucky. For example, Sega Genesis and even others.

A very old EB Games ad with prices adjusted for 2010's inflation. Can you even imagine those prices now in 2014?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
and here in australia, I scoff as to us thats still a bargain..

Alien Wife

Updates for the game? OwO
I honestly don't get it either.

Beloved Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
New games? Old games are expensive!! Just look at the prices of PS2 and PS1 games!! Jeez!! gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff