Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Gender does not define gamign skill.

Having said that, gaming is a masculine subject. Look at any esports games. For every 10 male team there is 1 female team. Then look at the skill level, only males at the elite end,

Greedy Noob

13,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Nekrotical
Men can do everything that women can do but better --- it is a fact of life.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
YunaSama
And here we have the dumbest thread of the week... Someone give the lass a freaking medal... cat_rolleyes

Not even worthy of a medal. Let's just give them a nice sticker, a pat on the back, and send 'em home instead. neutral
Neither. There are just more guys in gaming.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Two-spirit gamers

Just kidding. Overall gender doesn't determine who's a better gamer.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
There's no "better" gamers.
There's no such thing as the "better" gamer. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. What your gender and/or sexuality is has no correlation with your hobbies/abilities and how well you are at them. This thread is like those news headlines that read, "So-and-so sports player/celebrity/company head honcho finally comes out as being gay." Don't get me wrong, that's all well and good, but how does that make their acting/singing ability, products that company makes or how well they are at sports better? It doesn't.
Considering Mirror's Edge was too hard for women, that means men are better. That was a joke. I have to say women, just because I have been playing CoD and these twelve year old boys talking has caused me to currently hate men. Any other time I would say it doesn't matter.
Depends on the person. You do not need strength or flexibility to be good at games.

Supreme Flatterer

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Battle: Mage 100
If you asked this question 10 or 15 years ago, you'd say guys simply because more guys played video games, straight up. I don't think many girls were playing StarCraft, Doom, Age of Empires, or most console games back then because IMO girls weren't encouraged to do so, but things have shifted since and now there are far more girls playing video games. I know for a fact that it's not about gender, but about the ability to learn and adapt to a game.
What *would* make for an interesting topic however is to get some statistics on which genre of games, guys or gals like to play more smile

Greedy Gearhead

11,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Take it from a woman who's played video games since she was in elementary school:

Both genders have good and bad gamers. The real issue lies in the amount of trash talk men give women who play games (disregarding the fact that roughly half the number of gamers are women)

I can't really say from personal experience, but I've noticed a slightly odd pattern on the Internet: Men like to trash talk women gamers, then bemoan the fact that they're still single and wish to have a gamer girlfriend. But that's just what I've seen. neutral

Conservative Regular

The sexes are even in relation to the motor skills needed to use a controller or mouse and keyboard

But the physical differences between the two sexes in the way the brain is hard-wired means that men will be better than woman with certain genres and vice versa.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff