fav class?

Melee 0.32 32.0% [ 8 ]
Caster 0.36 36.0% [ 9 ]
Ranged 0.32 32.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

you may be as generic as you'd like

or get as intricate as you want.

feel free to post pictures of your characters or for reference!
i've personally always gravitated towards the melee/warrior type class.

but lately ive been experimenting more with the magic type caster classes and i really find them exhilarating and satisfying.

just the thought of wielding magical powers is so awesome.

if got to pick a "specialized" class, it would be some sort of a magical warrior.

not like a paladin/templar but more of like.. a battle mage.

like this:

User Image

User Image

Dedicated Loiterer

Warrior or healer. I either want to be in the middle of combat or completely uninvolved in it and I don't want to have to be focused on doing more than one thing at a time.
I usually also go with the heaviest weapons and armor possible.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Thief or Archer... I like fast and agile characters... cat_smile

Beloved Bloodsucker

12,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Mage/caster. Any video game I have a choice to pick my class, I will use something having to do with magic, whether it be healing or Magic DPSing.
Examples:
-Mage in Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening, and 2 (and will be making another in Inquisition- I always picked up the healing/reviving spells and speced the rest of my points into destruction spells)
-Mastery in the Magic: Destruction Tree of Skyrim (and I always use the Mage stone)
-Frost Mage in World of Warcraft
-Black Mage, Summoner, and White Mage/Scholar in Final Fantasy 14
-Sorcerer, Preist, and Mystic in Tera: Online
-Siren in Borderlands 2 (I know she uses guns, but I consider her phaselocking a magical ability)
-I ALWAYS play Caster classes in combat in the Tales series
-Check my forum title and achievements, lol.

I just love playing with magic soooooo much.

Alien Worshipper

Rouge/Assassin/Ranger/Thief/Archer, etc types. Although most of the time I don't bother with being stealthy and just bombard them with arrows.
I would consider myself a healer/support. That's always the first type of job class i always take. Or a thief/stealth class if healing isn't an option. I heal my teammates and watch them fight from the shadows. Learn from them. What works against what and what to do in this situation vs that.

Then Once I get a good grasp on the game, I just go for the biggest gimmick builds I can think of. Glass cannons, 100% defense tank damage sponges, etc. Really fun.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
I like to be the one healing and shielding or the one tearing holes in the enemies. Everything else is boring. 3nodding But it's also fun to take an unexpected character and build them up like a really weak class or a mage with only one or two good spells. Then surprise people with how badass the character became! 4laugh

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

Depends entirely on the type of game.

In things like turn based RPGs or action RPGs that still have enclosed combat (like Star Ocean, DS Raidou) I favour classes/builds that I can just dump everything into attack and rapidly bash things into submission. Polearms a plus because I love spears and they give you the simplicity of melee with the extra bit of strike range.

In things like MMOs, I lean towards knights/paladins with an emphasis on tanking. I love to be the party member that can hold all the aggro and take all the hits while my team works on dealing the damage. That's almost always somekind of heavily armoured dude with high defence. Occasionally I'll be a weird max movement speed/high attack power combo that tanks by taking threat and then kiting around the enemy, but it only works in games where you almost never encounter bosses that spawn adds. Extremely fun, but usually highly impractical.

Sometimes I've just got to be a magic user though. Every Fire Emblem game I end up focusing all my time and resources on one mage and max statting them, then blowing through normal mode using nothing but them and whoever I A rank supports for with them. Christmas knights invited along for shits and giggles. Or in large open world RPGs, the most recent being Skyrim, I like being able to attack from afar but don't like having to aim precisely with a bow and arrow so I roll with very simple magic.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I like Mages/Casters most and Assassins/Thieves after that!
Warriors are just not for me rofl

My favorite mages would be the ones that aren't full-on destructive and elemental magic or complete supports, but rather ones that use more complex magic with peculiar effects. I'd say that Necromancers, Conjurers, Illusionists and Summoners fall under that category.

Demonic Tenant

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Magic
Mages, what is not to love about wizardry and its many branches? Play it riskily as a sacrificing, cursing, life draining warlock. Be the good guy/girl that doesn't harm anything but mends wounds and flesh. Or perhaps study the scrolls and master magic to adapt the world around you, throw with elemental powers or conjure up your own army. Magic is usually a versatile branch that offers so many options and makes things interesting. Where most classes often get implemented with a 'use your weapon and hit the target' sort of person, mages have all the fun. Oh. A body of water. Is it meant for swimming? Well, as a mage I'll just walk over it. A caster type will probably take practice to master, but it really pays off!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Stealth
What I like about rogues, thieves, archers and classes that move through the shadows to stalk their prey is that when games add this in the right way, you could start the game all over from scratch with this class and have an entirely different game-play style. If the game allows for it I will almost always have my second character being a rogue. There's something thrilling about sneaking around, trying not to get caught.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Melee
I think melee is often the most straightforward and easiest to understand class. Sure being an amazing melee fighter does take skill, but when I am new to a game I feel safer knowing I have some defense to prop up and can hack and slash my way through without thinking too much. But in the end all this straightforwardness and item-reliance easily bores me. I really applaud games that can come up with ways that put a warrior on the same interest scale as a wizard.

Indebted Friend

It depends on the type of game for me. Multi-player: Always healer or caster. I love to support my team (especially since none of my friends watch their own health!) I keep the party alive and moving.

Single-player? Probably warrior or some other melee class. It's easier to hold your own that way.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Thief or Archer... I like fast and agile characters... cat_smile

Ditto.

Lord Itachi San's Princess

Sparkly Star

8,500 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I like the mage/caster classes alot. I think my second favorite would have to be like a archer/rogue

4,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
In most games I lean towards a healer or support stylecaster. My allies coming out of the fight alive and my group completing whatever objective we're after is reward enough 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff