Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hexstus
Dante Rebellion Sparda

What's Basara 4? Or 3? Or 2? Or even the first?

It really was. I have not played them in ages though and unfortunately Amazon has the Onimusha Essentials collection for the PS2 priced at nearly sixty dollars for a used copy. I'm definitely going to try get myself one but it does bother me to buy anything used from Amazon. I know it's not their fault but people are annoyingly deceptive when it comes to their products.

I still own Onimuasha 1, 2 and 3. Still work fine. Blade Warriors was good as well.

Basara is well...

Like Koei's Dynasty Warriors, but witha twist. Basara is pretty poplar in Japan and has a cult following outside Japan with it's characters such as Date Masamune, Motochika, Yukimaru and many others.

I wouldn't mind a new Dinocrisis or even some of their old Arcade SHUMPS. Duck Tales Remastered was pretty fun IMO. My nephew enjoys the hell out of that game.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
I'm so afraid that Atlus's cash cow milking is going to cause a drop in quality that I'm almost hoping they stop making Persona games after 5.

Never played anything past the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy except a couple of the side games (specifically Tag-Team Racing and Crash Bash) though, so I don't really have much of an opinion on that. But I remember really wanting Twinsanity when it first came out.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mir Teiwaz
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

You're free to believe whatever you want, but Rayman Legends is one of the best platformers I've ever played.

The music rush levels were the entire reason I played the game; all other levels felt like the job, while the music rush levels were the paycheck.XD
Hexstus
Dante Rebellion Sparda

I don't have my copies anymore for a couple of reasons. I don't remember if I ever played that but it was weird that they made a fighting game out of Onimusha. That's kind of like making a Dead Space platformer or a Super Mario first person shooter.

What's the twist? I love the Warriors games so this sounds like something I'd be into. I won't export it or anything like that but I'd like to know what makes it special.

I could never get into Dino Crisis. It felt like a cheap knock-off of Resident Evil but with dinosaurs and the main character was visually unappealing. I would literally kill to have more games like DuckTales: Remastered on Steam. I'm not terribly interested in a game about that show (and its price puts me off from buying it) but to see more NES/SNES classics make their way to PC would be Heaven for me. Particularly the Splatterhouse series, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, EarthBound, Brain Lord, etc.

I heard Capcom may have plans on Remastering Resuce Rangers and Darkwing Duck. That would be pretty awesome.

I kinda miss old BomberMan. I have 94 off PSN and that game gave me memories. Found Memories of SUper Bomber Man 2 and 3. Pocky and Rocky and Ganbare Goemon. The last game was on the DS,but I had to import that as well, sadly.

Basara's twist is well. Not Edgy. Just badass. The characters are highly likable, Amusing at times, such as Motochika and his pirate crew, Yukimaru's undying Loyalty to his master and so on. Capcom had allot of great games under their belts in the day.

Super Superfan

13,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
Surely everyone gets that feeling eventually.
Some get their time in the sun and end(sometimes on a sour note).
Other times they just get game after game and outstay their welcome. It could get to the point where the game is utter shite or blandly bland and you bought the game in hopes that the series gets to that high point again. Fortunately, that could actually happen at times!
Don't ever get your hopes up, though.

Also yearly releases suck a**.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
ZeroRaider
Other times they just get game after game and outstay their welcome. It could get to the point where the game is utter shite or blandly bland and you bought the game in hopes that the series gets to that high point again. Fortunately, that could actually happen at times!

Strangely I welcome the yearly release of Dynasty warrior games.

- new characters
- new stages
- Better graphics and optimisation (more enemies on the map etc)
- absolute lack of negative dlc (all the main stuff can be obtained in game. dlc is almost purely cosmetic and never ever even forced. Heck for some of them I didn't even know they had dlc).

Its like the one series that never gets old for me.

nohie's Significant Otter

Friendly Consumer

xLiemx
ZeroRaider

- new characters
- new stages
- absolute lack of negative dlc (all the main stuff can be obtained in game. dlc is almost purely cosmetic and never ever even forced. Heck for some of them I didn't even know they had dlc).

another year another yellow turban rebellion

Shy Noob

7,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Chooser X
Insacove
Ugh same with the fourth Spyro game, if we're talking about the same one. Enter the Dragonfly I think? If so, I still own it, but yeah it was.. weird. Especially the way they changed Ripto. o_o

CTR is indeed boss, ohhh yes. The only literal thing I was sad about was that Brio wasn't playable. And Cortex Strikes Back is indeed difficult if you're trying to get 100% on the game. It's difficult either way, really. But if you think THAT one is hard, just wait until you get to Warped; the third of the series. The final boss is such a t**t.

Well hey, at least Dingodile was playable in CTR. That made up for the lack of Brio. (I really love those two ihfihf)

Oh boy, Dingodile in CTR rofl When my brother and I play, sometimes for fun we'll pick each other's character to screw each other over, and we always pick like N. Gin, Tiny, and Dingodile, haha!
When we play for real, I'm always Ripper Roo (dem jumps tho) and he's N. Tropy. Gotta love an insane blue kangaroo (?) in a straight jacket who drives with his feet!
whee
Oh god yes Ripper Roo is badass too. I usually play between Dingodile, Ripper Roo, and Fake Crash. Fake Crash is hella fun, idk why I just like him so much better than actual Crash. XD

Shy Noob

7,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Soaring Sheep
I'm so afraid that Atlus's cash cow milking is going to cause a drop in quality that I'm almost hoping they stop making Persona games after 5.

Never played anything past the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy except a couple of the side games (specifically Tag-Team Racing and Crash Bash) though, so I don't really have much of an opinion on that. But I remember really wanting Twinsanity when it first came out.
SAME I really don't want Persona to get messed up. I'm so huge in that. ;O;

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
xLiemx

- new characters
- new stages

User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

They've also done DLC that adds higher base damage versions of all the weapons [and new weapons as DLC.

It's like they decide to add more weapons for the next main game, but before they do that it's a DLC for the current one. The DLC weapons you can buy for DW8XLCE are also going to be in DW8 Empires.

Hexstus
What's the twist? I love the Warriors games so this sounds like something I'd be into. I won't export it or anything like that but I'd like to know what makes it special.

He's referring to the Sengoku Basara games, which is Capcom's take on Samurai Warriors. I didn't personally like it. The one that I played felt like a decent groundwork for a good game, but it also felt like it was missing something. Here's a random gameplay video.

mad_chad16's Fangirl

Blessed Wife

Insacove
Oh god yes Ripper Roo is badass too. I usually play between Dingodile, Ripper Roo, and Fake Crash. Fake Crash is hella fun, idk why I just like him so much better than actual Crash. XD

He's the easiest boss to beat ever, but dang he's fun to play. I turned character voices back on in CTR after many years of having it off just so I could hear his laugh again rofl I think Fake Crash...is the best...? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. No, I think technically the best character is Penta Penguin, but who plays that guy? xp

Shy Noob

7,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Chooser X
Insacove

He's the easiest boss to beat ever, but dang he's fun to play. I turned character voices back on in CTR after many years of having it off just so I could hear his laugh again rofl I think Fake Crash...is the best...? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. No, I think technically the best character is Penta Penguin, but who plays that guy? xp
The only thing I can remember about Penta Penguin is that he's a b***h to unlock. XD
I never really played Papu Papu either. But it would have been awesome if Pinstripe was playable-- oh wait he was I just never played him either OOPS.
Pinstripe was so hard to beat for me. I had a such harder time with him than Oxide. o_o;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff