Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Dollwhore

There will be no monthly and/or yearly annual fee for it's use on the PlayStation TV. It's only a one-time fee and then it's yours for life. PlayStation TV isn't the equivalent of Apple TV. Honestly, there's no telling if the PS TV will ever be fully compatible with every game that comes out. I'd actually suggest the PS Vita over the PlayStation TV. Either that, or wait it out and see how large the "compatibility list" gets and if they ever match up or not. In the end, you might need the Vita anyways for Sword Art Online since it's not on the compatibility list or wait to see if it ever will be.

Evader

Reno Takamiya
Dollwhore

There will be no monthly and/or yearly annual fee for it's use on the PlayStation TV. It's only a one-time fee and then it's yours for life. PlayStation TV isn't the equivalent of Apple TV.

Honestly, there's no telling if the PS TV will ever be fully compatible with ever game that comes out. I'd actually suggest the PS Vita over the PlayStation TV. Either that, or wait it out and see how large the "compatibility list" gets and they ever match up or not. In the end, you might need the Vita anyways for Sword Art Online since it's not on the compatibility list.

Thank you for all the advice you have given me. I still have a few months before I can get my tax refund, So I will wait and see if they add sword art to the list, if not then, I am buying the vita.
Graces F is definitely worth playing. It's quirky and the characters are fantastic.

As far as favorite Xillia character, I would have to go with Elize.

Least favorite: That's a hard one for me, mainly because they are so shelled out in the second game, which I am putting a lot of hours into right now to platinum. I would probably have to actually go with Alvin, due to storyline and overall being a d**k to everyone. (But I completely ship Alvin and Leia in the second game, and I love everyone in the second game. The characters were written so well.)

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
i never liked rowen he was always so week and his moves seemed so limited, i guess im just saying that because i might not know how to use him properly.
i liked Alvin b/c well busterblade for the win i guess.
im glad i got both the collectors edition for tales of xillia 1 & 2 i liked playing as the new hero.

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Nekromantlc
i never liked rowen he was always so week and his moves seemed so limited, i guess im just saying that because i might not know how to use him properly.
im glad i got both the collectors edition for tales of xillia 1 & 2 i liked playing as the new hero.

For Rowen, you have to chain spells. With the right skills on, he'll eventually instant cast and have glory so he'll be able to spell cast without interruption and using arte tuning adds extra hits on some spells. You have 16 arte slots so there's 16 spells you can use at a time (one hopefully being tidal wave because that s**t is OP)
But he is a weak character defense and hp wise so, he's completely not for getting up close. Meteoric Waltz might be the only non-spell arte that's useful on him because he jumps back after using it.

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
Mikleo
Nekromantlc

For Rowen, you have to chain spells. With the right skills on, he'll eventually instant cast and have glory so he'll be able to spell cast without interruption and using arte tuning adds extra hits on some spells. You have 16 arte slots so there's 16 spells you can use at a time (one hopefully being tidal wave because that s**t is OP)
But he is a weak character defense and hp wise so, he's completely not for getting up close. Meteoric Waltz might be the only non-spell arte that's useful on him because he jumps back after using it.

thats a cool tip and all but i have givin up on him in TOX1 that is unless i have him in TOX2 he is alot more helpful there with his ability to stop time after successfully blocking an attack giving me time to buff and heal teammates or just deal a load of ballistic damage with Gauis.

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Nekromantlc
Mikleo
Nekromantlc

thats a cool tip and all but i have givin up on him in TOX1 that is unless i have him in TOX2 he is alot more helpful there with his ability to stop time after successfully blocking an attack giving me time to buff and heal teammates or just deal a load of ballistic damage with Gauis.

The stop time mechanic make him a lot easier to combo with actually. And the easier chance to confuse enemies with light spells.
He still works the same way in X2 as he does in X1.
Either way you can just cheese it with him by confusing enemies with light spells
My favorite character is probably Jude, I just want to poke his cheeks so bad, but if we're talking about TOX2 I have an odd appreciation for Rideaux I have no idea why I always fall for assholeish flashy/flamboyant antagonists in tales *cough*Dist*cough*

My least favorite in the first one was Muzét, there was a few things about her that I couldn't really put a finger on that really bothered me, but it got all solved in the second one when she got more developped, then she became one of my favorite characters.

As for other Tales recommendations, uhm, to be honest, I really loved Tales of Graces, but it was mostly for the cast itself, because story-wise...there was some flaws that I'd really like to talk about, but then, I can't really do so without telling a lot of spoilers about it, so I'd rather not do it now/here. Otherwise, my favorites were Abyss (I swear I love everything about that game, everything), Eternia (this one isn't too accessible tho, which is sad...), and Symphonia (I was also quite fond of DotNW too). Vesperia is really good too.

Friendly Star

8,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
My favorite character would have to be Milla. Jude follows close behind though for being adorable. Milla because she is strong. Shes a woman who will proceed without any hesitation even if it means killing herself or her friends. Shes a very beautiful and stubborn woman... who will not admit that she did need them. My least favorite character in the first game was Leia... but I learned to love her in the second game. So my least favorite character would have to be Muzet Not only was her battle with Milla alone a b***h but Shes a bit weird. But hey at least she wasn't a Shirley from Legendia. Lol.
Jude is my favourite in the first game. I managed to get the platinum just before the second one came out haha. Alvin is pretty up there on my list of favourites too. From the first game, Leia was my least favourite but I kinda really like her now. It's hard to dislike any of them really - even Muzet. Especially in the second one, I find Muzet especially endearing and Gaius is just hilarious. Ludger is probably my overall favourite now though, my brother bought me the normal version of the game when it came out, but when I started playing it I fell in love with Ludger and went and bought the collectors edition OTL So I have two copies but Ludger figurine! (so totally justified.... maybe... xD) biggrin Plus since I live in the UK, the tin cases were different anyway so I kinda justified it like that too since I have the normal tin case and the Rollo tin case

I haven't completed any other Tales games yet, but I've played some Tales of Graces F and Tales of Symphonia DotNW and really enjoyed what I've played of those so far.

8,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Ivar is the best character, hands down. The whole game should have been about him settling the chicken turf wars in Nia Khara.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Jude is my precious baby child. I absolutely adore him. He's just so kind hearted and he works so hard.
I've got the Jude figure, it's so nice. And one of my cats, his name is Jude.

... Jude's just great. Alvin's a super close second.

I think the character I liked least was Ivar, which is funny since I usually like obnoxious characters like him.
In my party I liked Leia the least. Not because she's awful or anything, but she just fell flat to me. I dunno'.

Also, I'd recommend Symphonia or Vesperia.

Timid Mystic

11,650 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
♪♥•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•.♥♪

I'm still on my play through of Xillia and haven't beaten it yet, but so far:
My favorite would be Elize (and Teepo I guess).
Least favorite.. That's a hard one because I like certain parts of all of the characters, but I suppose I'd have to go with Alvin. I got tired of all of the whole double agent thing.

As for other Tales game recommendations, I haven't played a whole lot of them myself, but I did really like Symphonia and Abyss. 3nodding

( Y )
.( . . )♥
O(( '')( '')

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
My favorite characters are Millia, Jude, Leia and Elize along with Teepo. I also like Gaius and his second in command Wingull.

I dislike Muzet. She's a bit...I dunno how to put it. Ivar is kind of annoying but I don't dislike him.

Tales of Xillia is the first Tales game I've actually played. I'm so close to beating it. I have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Tales of Graces F but I never played them. I have played Tales of the Abyss and it's fun for the 3DS.
Pantsukon
My favorite character is probably Jude, I just want to poke his cheeks so bad, but if we're talking about TOX2 I have an odd appreciation for Rideaux I have no idea why I always fall for assholeish flashy/flamboyant antagonists in tales *cough*Dist*cough*

My least favorite in the first one was Muzét, there was a few things about her that I couldn't really put a finger on that really bothered me, but it got all solved in the second one when she got more developped, then she became one of my favorite characters.

As for other Tales recommendations, uhm, to be honest, I really loved Tales of Graces, but it was mostly for the cast itself, because story-wise...there was some flaws that I'd really like to talk about, but then, I can't really do so without telling a lot of spoilers about it, so I'd rather not do it now/here. Otherwise, my favorites were Abyss (I swear I love everything about that game, everything), Eternia (this one isn't too accessible tho, which is sad...), and Symphonia (I was also quite fond of DotNW too). Vesperia is really good too.

Personally, I think muzet changed drastically in the second game since she seems a bit more perverted especially around ludger. But I still like it ^^"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff