Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Seeker

my button is sticking,is there a fix?i dont wanna pay for another controller.any suggestions?also this is what i got in a chat

Save Chat End Chat
Carlos: Hello, My name is Carlos how may I assist you today?
You: hi
You: my ps4 controller button isnt working
You: its stays stuck and hard to press
You: hello?
Carlos: I see. I'd be glad to look into this for you today. I understand how important this is for you. Could you please confirm your Online ID and Sign in ID (email address)?
You: s____m .psn id is p______
Carlos: Ok In this case I can help you send the DS4 to service, are you able to send me the proof of purchased at this moment?
You: i got it from the ps4 i bought a while back
Carlos: You will need the proof of purchased to send the DS4 to service.
You: ok whatever sounds like a bullshit excuse
_______________________________________________________________________________-
Save Chat End Chat
Alirio: Hello, My name is Alirio how may I assist you today?
You: hi,ineed to replace my controller,it is nolonger functioning correctly
Alirio: I see Abba. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Alirio: Could you please tell me more about the problem you are having?
You: x button is not working
Alirio: Is it a PS3 or PS4 controller?
You: ps4
Alirio: Ok, do you have the console with you, right now?
You: yes
Alirio: Great.
Alirio: We will try some steps to make wok the controller.
Alirio: We will reset it.
You: ok
Alirio: Here are the steps to reset the controller:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5121/kw/ds4
You: sec
Alirio: Sure.
Alirio: Let me know once the controller is reset.
You: i justpushed the reset button
Alirio: Ok...
You: button is only semi working
Alirio: Oh. I see.
Alirio: When did you buy the console?
You: i cant remember,its close to this time last year,im not sure but its been a while
Alirio: I understand you.
Alirio: You went and picked up the console or you ordered online?
You: it wasnt online
You: i got itfrom a store
Alirio: We will need the receipt of the console to check the purchase date, tobe able to send the controller to service.
You: cant use just check the serial #?
Alirio: I am sorry Abba, it is no possible.
You: so i cant send mycontroller toyall to get it fixed?
Alirio: Without the receipt isn't possible.
You: not even if i pay?
Alirio: I am sorry, you can not.

Shirtless Raider

wow...... how the hell are you supposed to send the DS4 proof of purchase if it was purchased with the system?! I swear this is why I'm going with the Xbox one razz at least customer service for xbox does their jobs to the point and understands the problem

Shy Seeker

Raven Xavier Kitari
wow...... how the hell are you supposed to send the DS4 proof of purchase if it was purchased with the system?! I swear this is why I'm going with the Xbox one razz at least customer service for xbox does their jobs to the point and understands the problem
ikr,its like wtf,i guess ill have to buy a new 1,then use that reciept..i should ask around for a reciept online.save picture and sendto them..

Shirtless Raider

Cb Lord
Raven Xavier Kitari
ikr,its like wtf,i guess ill have to buy a new 1,then use that reciept..i should ask around for a reciept online.save picture and sendto them..

thats what they want you to do.... more controllers=more money

Shy Seeker

Save Chat End Chat
You: i cant remember,its close to this time last year,im not sure but its been a while
Alirio: We will need the receipt of the console to check the purchase date, tobe able to send the controller to service.

Shy Seeker

Raven Xavier Kitari
Cb Lord
Raven Xavier Kitari

they dont fix controllers appearently

Shirtless Raider

Cb Lord
Raven Xavier Kitari
Cb Lord
Raven Xavier Kitari

they dont fix controllers appearently

oh they do but you just can't send it in without this and that
What do you expect? They're not going to fix it without your receipt. If it didn't require a receipt anyone could send contollers to them without charge. It doesn't matter how many chats you open up, clearly it's in their policy. And you shouldn't go hurling abuse at the customer support team either, they didn't make up the rules. Honestly just makes me so frustrated.
Raven Xavier Kitari

I swear you just go around forums bashing Sony at every turn you can "this is why I'm going with the Xbox One." Hate to break it to you, but most companies have this policy, and you're just acting extremely childish encouraging inappropriate behavior without helping the matter at hand.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
If you bought the whole thing send the receipt. It'll show on the receipt that the system came with a controller. It seems like they were saying if you could send along the proof of purchase they could fix (or probably just replace) the controller. That's how warranties usually go. It's on you to keep the proof of purchase when you buy something expensive.

Shirtless Raider

Helpful Cait Sith
If you bought the whole thing send the receipt. It'll show on the receipt that the system came with a controller. It seems like they were saying if you could send along the proof of purchase they could fix (or probably just replace) the controller. That's how warranties usually go. It's on you to keep the proof of purchase when you buy something expensive.

Its weird how a**l everyone's gotten about this stuff. I remember when they used to say "send a money order with the controller and we will do the best we can"

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Cb Lord
my button is sticking,is there a fix?i dont wanna pay for another controller.any suggestions?also this is what i got in a chat

Save Chat End Chat
Carlos: Hello, My name is Carlos how may I assist you today?
You: hi
You: my ps4 controller button isnt working
You: its stays stuck and hard to press
You: hello?
Carlos: I see. I'd be glad to look into this for you today. I understand how important this is for you. Could you please confirm your Online ID and Sign in ID (email address)?
You: s____m .psn id is p______
Carlos: Ok In this case I can help you send the DS4 to service, are you able to send me the proof of purchased at this moment?
You: i got it from the ps4 i bought a while back
Carlos: You will need the proof of purchased to send the DS4 to service.
You: ok whatever sounds like a bullshit excuse
_______________________________________________________________________________-
Save Chat End Chat

They fix them, you just need the receipt as proof you purchased it from a trusted retailer.

Shy Seeker

Raven Xavier Kitari
Helpful Cait Sith

Its weird how a**l everyone's gotten about this stuff. I remember when they used to say "send a money order with the controller and we will do the best we can"
wont even fix controller if your willing to pay

Shirtless Raider

Cb Lord
Raven Xavier Kitari
Helpful Cait Sith

wont even fix controller if your willing to pay

wonder why :9, whats wrong with your controller?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff