Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arrow to the knee?

Yay! 0.62303664921466 62.3% [ 238 ]
Nay! 0.37696335078534 37.7% [ 144 ]
Total Votes:[ 382 ]

Whyte Mouse
How exactly does one unlock certain perks? I've realized on my second Skyrim playthrough a lot of the perk's "stars" are purple rather than the accessible blue stars. Do I have to find people to train me or just reach a certain skill level?

have to level up the skill more to unlock the perk

Blessed Duelist

xXJack of SpadesXx
Tafta
Xerkxes
Simple question.

Does raising the a skill without putting any ranks into do anything?

Simply put; No.
You can raise a skill to 100 but until you put any points into it, its useless.

Well not necessarily. Improving the light armor skill does raise your armor rating. Alone without smithing, enchantments, and perks like agile defender then yes it is rather useless.

is it just like that for armor?

like does raising your one-handed lightly booster your damage?

Writer

Eludya
Are you a werewolf?

No, I am not a werewolf. Didn't even join the Companions as a normal guy.
Am I the only one guy that finished all the faction quests before the main quests and never really had a good chance to use Call Dragon?
Xerkxes
xXJack of SpadesXx
Tafta
Xerkxes
Simple question.

Does raising the a skill without putting any ranks into do anything?

Simply put; No.
You can raise a skill to 100 but until you put any points into it, its useless.

Well not necessarily. Improving the light armor skill does raise your armor rating. Alone without smithing, enchantments, and perks like agile defender then yes it is rather useless.

is it just like that for armor?

like does raising your one-handed lightly booster your damage?

Yes, I was just using light armor as an example.

Just tested it by using the console and setting one-handed skill to zero to see the difference. The difference between 15(at least what each race starts at) and 100 is about a 140% improvement. Not a bad amount. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Difference of 40 points on my main one-handed weapon.

Lonely Prophet

Beast Form is disappointing... Don't get me wrong, I love the extended stamina, faster speed and enhanced melee damage, there's just never a time you need it. Lets say you encounter a dragon; Hell, even with Alduin, you don't need Beast Form if you've distributed your skill points wisely. I was a Lv 53 Spellsword, and although I had Beast Form, I didn't need it. My daedric sword was plenty.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Woohoo! Whatever they did in that last patch fixed my crashing issues! I can actually play for over an hour without it dying on me!

*happy dance, happy dance*

Now, I've got things to do and people to kill. To Do list done in white, just in case of spoilers.

Thieves Guild - Done, and I did the nice ending too, why do I need an unbreakable lockpick when I have 200 scrounged up anyway?
Arcane College - Done
Bard's College - Done ... er, not that there was much to it, but ya
Markarth vs Forsworn - Done, I totally did not think of killing all the dudes in the prison and I feel stupid now.
Daedra - I think Clavicus Vile, Boethiah and .. um... the big crab dude are the only ones I have left now. I just couldn't decide who to stab for Boethiah. I may have looked up a sneak on Hircine and ended up with both rewards *giggle*
Companions - Kodlak knows what I did last summer... and now he's demanding BRRAAAAINS.. well, okay he wants the skull and skin too.
Dark Brotherhood - I decided to let Cicero live, although I'm hoping he stops being essential now and I can lure him up to Boethiah's shrine and stab him in the face.
Thane of everywhere except that city that has no purpose up near Solitude, so why do I care?
Stormcloak Rebellion - ... I'm a little upset that poor Balgruuf is rotting in a dungeon while I'm preparing to unseat other Jarls. I like Balgruuf. The guy in Falkreath is a jerk but I like Balgruuf.
Main Quest - wossat? Dragons?
Still need to get married but since I intend for Vilkas I need to finish the Companion's quests first.

Seriously though, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I'm nearly level 50 and I've finished so little.. well, at least as far as any factions go. I've got nearly 100 miscellaneous quests done though... or was it 200... I forget.

Tafta - Beast form is supposed to be a help and fun at early levels, which I think is why the companion's guild is in the first city you go to... but yeah, it doesn't seem to be much at higher levels. Heck, when I went with Aela, I used the ring of Hircine to get an extra transformation and that last boss dude just totally pulverized... well, honestly he might have ended up doing it anyway, but when I reloaded, turns out he's weak to paralysis/healthdrain potions... God I love alchemy in this game.

Aged Survivor

Tafta
Beast Form is disappointing... Don't get me wrong, I love the extended stamina, faster speed and enhanced melee damage, there's just never a time you need it. Lets say you encounter a dragon; Hell, even with Alduin, you don't need Beast Form if you've distributed your skill points wisely. I was a Lv 53 Spellsword, and although I had Beast Form, I didn't need it. My daedric sword was plenty.

I agree completely. I like Skyrim and all, but maybe if Bethesda put in more werewolf quests like with Tribunal, I wouldn't have gotten rid of it as soon as I became Harbinger of the Companions.

Call Me Starbuck
Am I the only one guy that finished all the faction quests before the main quests and never really had a good chance to use Call Dragon?

I hear ya. On my first game ever, I never felt the need to call Oda. Pretty useless if you ask me. I called him the other night though while playing, and I didn't even know he showed up, because he wasn't even that much help. neutral

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
does anyone else just want to climb through the tv to Skyrim?

no?

I'm crazy?

nevermind... emo
Call Me Starbuck

...yeaaahhh. sweatdrop
On...well, all of my roleplay characters.
Which is all of them. >>
I'm going to have to make a new character JUST to play through the main storyline first. xD

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Slytherclaw
Call Me Starbuck

...yeaaahhh. sweatdrop
On...well, all of my roleplay characters.
Which is all of them. >>
I'm going to have to make a new character JUST to play through the main storyline first. xD

.... Wait... You can do the main quest first?

This may be a bad habit I fell into with all my playthroughs of Oblivion. Being level 25 before you even go get Martin just so you can rush through the quests and eliminate the possibility of ruining the landscape with Oblivion Gates... Maybe I'm a conservationist.

... WHat was that about crawling into the screen to get to Skyrim? I would do it, and not JUST because of the number of delectable, single, boffable Nords.... don'tlookatmelikethat.
You know, I'm honestly not sure. .-.
But I'll try.
D:
anybody here have trouble with the ice troll when climbing the mountain to learn Ro, and Dah? because i died twice, and Lidia died on me, so shes out. But In her honor, I came back and Fus Ro Dah'd it off the mountain. ohko

Writer

Nitroxwolf
anybody here have trouble with the ice troll when climbing the mountain to learn Ro, and Dah? because i died twice, and Lidia died on me, so shes out. But In her honor, I came back and Fus Ro Dah'd it off the mountain. ohko

You can resurrect Lydia. You'll just lose her equipment.
Dood skyrim is such a gay game go for mw3 or black ops or somethin i wouldnt even waist my time but thas just me.. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol cool cool cool cool cool cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff