Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I've recently started playing a lot of Playstation One (It's like half of my childhood) and I'd like to know some games I should try out. I've already got:

Ape Escape ( heart )
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night ( heart )
Crash Bandicoot
Croc - Legend of the Gobbos
Final Fantasy VII ( heart )
Final Fantasy VIII
Jet Moto
LSD: Dream Emulator
Monster Rancher ( heart )
Monster Rancher 2 ( heart )
Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee
Persona 2
Spyro
Spyro - Year of the Dragon
Spyro 2
Star Ocean: Second Story
Tenchu 2
and
Wild Arms ( heart )

Any suggestions on other games I should get? :3

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Digimon World and Digimon World 3.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
XBalmung

I've never really been into Digimon. Will those games still be good if I know little to nothing about Digimon? o:

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
Since you seem to be a fan of JRPGs, why not look into Grandia, Suikoden, and Xenogears? If you liked the spooky factor of Casltevania try Koudelka, Silent Hill, and Alone in the Dark. As for fun-type action games like Ape Escape, try Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Pac Man World, and Disney's Lilo & Stitch (or if you're not a Stitch fan, any of their other movie-to-game releases).

(And a special shout out to Wild ARMs 2. It's like Wild Arms 1, with FF7 characters thrown into a blender and shot out with new alignments and different genders. You'll see what I mean. It's weird, but cool.)

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Crook-Kid
XBalmung

I've never really been into Digimon. Will those games still be good if I know little to nothing about Digimon? o:

I think you might. I was never too into Digimon games myself, but I liked those games.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Helpful Cait Sith
Since you seem to be a fan of JRPGs, why not look into Grandia, Suikoden, and Xenogears? If you liked the spooky factor of Casltevania try Koudelka, Silent Hill, and Alone in the Dark. As for fun-type action games like Ape Escape, try Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Pac Man World, and Disney's Lilo & Stitch (or if you're not a Stitch fan, any of their other movie-to-game releases).

(And a special shout out to Wild ARMs 2. It's like Wild Arms 1, with FF7 characters thrown into a blender and shot out with new alignments and different genders. You'll see what I mean. It's weird, but cool.)

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Silent Hill. I definitely have to get that. I've heard good things about Suikoden as well. I'll look into Xenogears and Grandia.

Speaking of JRPGS, is Chrono Cross any good? I've heard pretty mixed opinions about it.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
XBalmung
Crook-Kid
XBalmung

I think you might. I was never too into Digimon games myself, but I liked those games.

Alright. I'll look into them. Thanks. 3nodding

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
Crook-Kid
Helpful Cait Sith

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Silent Hill. I definitely have to get that. I've heard good things about Suikoden as well. I'll look into Xenogears and Grandia.

Speaking of JRPGS, is Chrono Cross any good? I've heard pretty mixed opinions about it.

Chrono Cross is... controversial. It really isn't a sequel to Chrono Trigger, but it also isn't not a sequel. (If you haven't played Trigger, btw, snag that. The PS1 version lags, but has nice movie clips here and there.)

Pro: Beautiful graphics and music, huge cast of playable characters, many hours of gameplay, interesting easter eggs and sidequests, unique script

Con: impossible to get a 100% game, confusing battle system that's unimportant for 99% of the game (and then EVERYTHING in the final boss battle), confusing plotline, certain spoilery things can upset Chrono Trigger fans

All things considered, I would recommend it. Whatever your feelings after playing, it's an experience you should have at least once in your life.

Wheezing Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Here are my favorites from my PS1 shelf:

Bust a Groove 1 and 2 (rhythm/dancing)
Medievil 1 and 2 (action platformer)
Gex 1-3 (action platformer)
Chrono Cross (RPG)
Final Fantasy IX (RPG)
Lunar 1 and 2 (RPG)
SaGa Frontier (RPG)
Threads of Fate (action RPG)

I can safely recommend all of those as quality games.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Helpful Cait Sith
Crook-Kid
Helpful Cait Sith

Chrono Cross is... controversial. It really isn't a sequel to Chrono Trigger, but it also isn't not a sequel. (If you haven't played Trigger, btw, snag that. The PS1 version lags, but has nice movie clips here and there.)

Pro: Beautiful graphics and music, huge cast of playable characters, many hours of gameplay, interesting easter eggs and sidequests, unique script

Con: impossible to get a 100% game, confusing battle system that's unimportant for 99% of the game (and then EVERYTHING in the final boss battle), confusing plotline, certain spoilery things can upset Chrono Trigger fans

All things considered, I would recommend it. Whatever your feelings after playing, it's an experience you should have at least once in your life.

I'll definitely look into it. Thanks. 3nodding 3nodding
Legend of Dragoon!

Profitable Noob

5,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Try Bust a Move 2

Kawaii Shoujo

I recommend these ones...............

Threads of Fate
Final Fantasy Chronicles
SaGa Frontier
Chrono Cross

15,525 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Crash Team Racing
Need for Speed: High Stakes
Raystorm
Speed Punks
Vigilante 8
Intelligent Qube

Loyal Paladin

Hnnn..I know quite a few, but one that comes up right away is the Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff