Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Smoker

I love this post has become like the hub for nearly all the shitposting on this particular board.

shadowmoon522
maybe its different where you live, but the ones where i've lived are arrogant prejudice jerks.
Hei. Please stop posting.

Newbie Noob

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I think having an NPC named after him would be pretty cool, if the game designers wanted it, not the fans. While I agree that he was a talented entertainer, everybody needs to stop getting upset over things that aren't remotely connected to them.

Really, two days before his death, the only people who really cared for Mr. Williams were his family, his friends, and his agent. Now, all I see on Facebook are posts about how people's lives are tragically destroyed by the loss of this great man. I should note that none of these people have ever met Robin Williams. I think when people are acting so fake, it is disrespectful to the people who actually knew Robin and will have a hole in their lives by his death.

TL;DR: Good idea only if the people making the LoZ series want to include the idea. People need to stop getting so upset over things that do not remotely impact their lives.
Joeylinky
So there is a petition going around the internet to make a Zelda NPC have the name Robin Williams i TRULY consider this madness but it already has 44000 petitions so maybe any of you guys would be interested in it 3nodding
Thats all 4laugh

No let's totally not do that at all, you don't want to put ghosts into a Legend of Zelda game.

Noble Hero

16,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
Er RIP and all to Mr. Robin Williams
but I don't think they should add his name to Zelda. Plus, It'd be weird since he did "commit suicide" so when someone looks him up online, they're lead to the real Robin Williams.

I do understand he was a huge fan of Zelda and if they DID add his name I'd have no problem (as long as I get to play). Just my opinion.
No. Robin Williams for smash bros.

Counselor

23,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
There's Hitmon Lee and Hitmon Chan, maybe a Actmon Robert?
smashbrolink
Crystal Juice
Though i support this fully. The game is already out in Japan and most likely too late to do anything.

Yes he named his daughter after princess Zelda. He was a gamer and played World of Warcraft as well. They are planing to make a character NPC of Robin in WoW. I'm not fan of it but i might play it just to meet the Robin.

You're thinking Hyrule Warriors, which isn't quite out yet in Japan.
Nor is the next big Zelda.

Though I would love to see him in either one of those.

Robin Williams confirmed new character for Hyrule Warriors!?

Omg. So awesome.

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Josh ButterBalls ******** that!

Push Robert for next protagonist in cod[/quote] wahmbulance :wahmbul
u561jxml:0="Josh ButterBalls ******** that!

Push Robert for next protagonist in cod[/quote] wahmbulance wahmbulance

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Kebbu
I think having an NPC named after him would be pretty cool, if the game designers wanted it, not the fans. While I agree that he was a talented entertainer, everybody needs to stop getting upset over things that aren't remotely connected to them.

Really, two days before his death, the only people who really cared for Mr. Williams were his family, his friends, and his agent. Now, all I see on Facebook are posts about how people's lives are tragically destroyed by the loss of this great man. I should note that none of these people have ever met Robin Williams. I think when people are acting so fake, it is disrespectful to the people who actually knew Robin and will have a hole in their lives by his death.

TL;DR: Good idea only if the people making the LoZ series want to include the idea. People need to stop getting so upset over things that do not remotely impact their lives.

feeling upset over a death of someone you cared about, even if only as a fan, is more human then what most people tend to show. sorry for feeling upset over the death of someone who had a positive effect on my life, even if indirectly.

Newbie Noob

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
You don't have to apologize, shadowmoon522. Who am I to tell you how to feel? He was a great actor that made a lot of people laugh and show emotion. And he will be missed. I have no problem with simple tribute posts that say such, just as I don't mind posts that simply call attention to tragic events and natural disasters that happen across the world.

I still stand by my opinion that people get all crazy about this stuff. I don't believe your life has ended because of his death. Believe it or not, there are people that get ill from seeing televised events and worrying about things very far away from them when they have little reason to do so. In fact, I saw three separate statuses from people yesterday explaining how they watched such and such Robin Williams movie, and were crying uncontrollably at the end of it. Why? They wouldn't have done so a month ago. And if you were that affected by it, why put in on a social media site unless you were specifically trying to bring attention to yourself?

If everyone's feelings were truly genuine, I'd be fine with it, but two weeks after the news and the estate coverage and the tributes on late night programs stop with the sensationalism of his death, I believe >90% of people will go back to their daily lives, until the next "crisis" starts the process anew.

pls niu 's King

Magical Shoujo

The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art
I don't support suicide. People can go ******** themselves with this petition. smile

Spoiler alert: No one actually "supports suicide".

You're signing a petition to memorialize a person that killed himself. What kind of image does that set for other troubled people who might consider suicide?

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Possibly Erotic Art
The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art
I don't support suicide. People can go ******** themselves with this petition. smile

You're signing a petition to memorialize a person that killed himself. What kind of image does that set for other troubled people who might consider suicide?

its about memorializing what he's done in his life, not about how he died

Shaun Holder's Sidekick

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Possibly Erotic Art
The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art

It's a tribute to all the laughter and fun he brought people in classic movies that many of us will always remember, and also a message to people who may be dealing with the same problems Robin was having to seek help wherever they can.

Robin didn't tell anyone that he was depressed and suicide is where that led him. He kept his anxiety inside and lost his battle against it. Anxiety and depression can happen even to the funniest, richest people who are loved by millions and seem to have everything going for them. Being curious about Robin's story can help people open up about their own troubles and seek the help they need. His suicide has already inspired many people to stand up and call a doctor, to get out there and get therapy or medication and to get their lives back on track. You can go ******** yourself if you don't support that. smile

pls niu 's King

Magical Shoujo

The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art
The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art

It's a tribute to all the laughter and fun he brought people in classic movies that many of us will always remember, and also a message to people who may be dealing with the same problems Robin was having to seek help wherever they can.

Robin didn't tell anyone that he was depressed and suicide is where that led him. He kept his anxiety inside and lost his battle against it. Anxiety and depression can happen even to the funniest, richest people who are loved by millions and seem to have everything going for them. Being curious about Robin's story can help people open up about their own troubles and seek the help they need. His suicide has already inspired many people to stand up and call a doctor, to get out there and get therapy or medication and to get their lives back on track. You can go ******** yourself if you don't support that. smile

his suicide inspired? are you ******** hearing yourself right now? what the ******** is wrong with people like you? neutral

Shaun Holder's Sidekick

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Possibly Erotic Art
The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art
The Frostinator
Possibly Erotic Art

his suicide inspired? are you ******** hearing yourself right now? what the ******** is wrong with people like you? neutral

Inspired people to get help so they don't end up doing the same thing he did, yes. I see anxious and depressed people all over social media talking about how these news have affected them and made them realize that it's time to ask for help before it's too late. He'll always be an example of what depression can do to a person and a reminder not to hide it until it gets so bad you end up killing yourself. The fact that he killed himself was not a good thing and you can choose to be a bitter a*****e about it if you like, but there is a silver lining to it whether you like it or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff