Welcome to Gaia! ::

Midnaught's Queen

Shy Duck

whos excited for the game? which characters do u plan on using?

im looking forward mostly to using villager and greninja

Fanged Hunter

Can't wait to use Bowser Jr and the Samus characters!!

gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright

Noob

From playing at smash fest, zero suit samus is A LOT faster than in brawl. I cant wait for this demo, so I cab destroy lives with wii fit trainer twisted

Greninja is fun too, but I wanna troll people with duck hunt dog and pac man haha

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
MajesticBlackFox
whos excited for the game? which characters do u plan on using?

im looking forward mostly to using villager and greninja

I'm going to be using a split between Link, Shulk and Mii Swordfighter, with a bit of Mii Brawler on the side.
Maybe a bit of DK or Bowser if I get in the mood for more heavyweight action...

Oh, and I got the demo.

Link is an effing BEAST.

Better recovery; his spin attack now covers more vertical and horizontal distance and his grappling hook is longer.

Dash attack is more lethal: changed from a stab to a jump attack with 3 properties; If hitting near the base it will spike, if hitting with the tip it has more power, and in either case its got a ton of overhead range on top of the ability to KO.
Has a bit of wind-up to it, but functions essentially like a souped-up jump-attack.

Better grab: when using it, it doesn't fall limply to the ground if he misses anymore, it just snaps right back in to him, so it's a lot faster and less punishable.

Forward smash attack and tilt both have improved range and KO power.

Down smash properties have changed; the forward slash sends enemies up into the air, and the backwards slash acts like running into his spin attack after it had begun used to, back in Melee; it sends the opponent flying backwards and down, making it very lethal if you're hit with it near the edge.
Down Tilt seems to have gotten a buff in strength in exchange for [as far as I know] not being able to spike, which was too difficult to do in the first place before and feels like a fair trade-off.

Up smash and tilt are both more powerful, and the tilt can combo again.

Boomerang is more powerful; it hits harder, flies faster, and its pulling mechanism feels buffed compared to Brawls. It also seems to have a larger whirlwind, but that might just be my imagination.

Bombs have been buffed a bit; they no longer explode if you ever get one knocked out of your hand and at your feet; they'll remain active until their timer expires instead of blowing up on you the moment you touch the ground.
Power seems to have gone up in exchange for less knock-back at lower damage percentages compared to previously.
Need to check to see if bomb recoveries are possible.

Arrows seem to have less down-time after shots this time around, and shots in general fly much faster.

Spin attack is somewhat buffed; it doesn't last as long so you recover faster from using it, and the angle of the spin changes a little bit as he twirls to give it a bit more vertical range to its hitbox.

Link himself is heavier, yet faster; it takes more to KO him than in previous iterations of Smash. His back roll has been changed to a much speedier back-flip that leaves you able to act far more quickly than previously.

Invisible Friend

Shulk for me 100%

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
As I did in the last Super Smash Brothers Game, I will be picking Kirby. Always Kirby.

Wrathful Shade

I consider myself well rounded and will play as everyone

But the characters I'll play as more than others are:

Bowser
Ike
Lucina
Little Mac
Greeninja
Charizard
Sonic
Rosalina
Palutena

And I also saw footage of Duck Hunt Dog today and he looks really interesting actually so I'll give him a spin or two.
if the game doesn't have voice chat im not even gonna bother the main reason im getting the game like all the smashes before is to play with friends and since we can't play in person anymore nintendo BETTER have voice chat on the wii u version

if they screw this up im just done with nintendo this is the one game they can't screw up
the one thing i hate about mario kart 8 is the lack of voice chat 95% of the time i forget im even playing with my friend it feels no different than playing with bots which they sometimes are

Alien Streaker

I'm so excited. I plan on using the Wii Fit lady redface

It's released for 3ds the day after my birthday, so i like to think of it as nintendo's gift to me

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
qface64x
if the game doesn't have voice chat im not even gonna bother the main reason im getting the game like all the smashes before is to play with friends and since we can't play in person anymore nintendo BETTER have voice chat on the wii u version

if they screw this up im just done with nintendo this is the one game they can't screw up
the one thing i hate about mario kart 8 is the lack of voice chat 95% of the time i forget im even playing with my friend it feels no different than playing with bots which they sometimes are

Dude, even without voice chat on the Wii U, you know you'd enjoy the ******** out of Smash.
Besides, why not just load up a more reliable chat program on your computer, instead? Console chat options suck in comparison. And you'll likely be playing in Friend's matches more often than public, right? So you won't need to worry about any of them being bots in that case.

Smoker

SO looking forward to the animal crosser, rosalina, and greninja ♥
smashbrolink
qface64x

Dude, even without voice chat on the Wii U, you know you'd enjoy the ******** out of Smash.
Besides, why not just load up a more reliable chat program on your computer, instead? Console chat options suck in comparison. And you'll likely be playing in Friend's matches more often than public, right? So you won't need to worry about any of them being bots in that case.

Methinks the reason why he won't do what you suggested is because he's choosing to be whiny and not willing to put the effort in.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hito the Exiled
smashbrolink
qface64x

Methinks the reason why he won't do what you suggested is because he's choosing to be whiny and not willing to put the effort in.

In the majority of cases like this, I've found that the biggest reason people are upset about not having voice chat in-game, is that they can't trash-talk their opponents.
I find that sad. Very sad. Because it's not needed to enjoy a game, and is actually counter-productive in many by ruining the fun times mood.

I mean, yeah, I understand the "it's a part of what makes competitive gaming fun!" defense.
And I don't agree with it for a single instant.
Watching the matches is fun.
Playing the matches is fun.
Being a part of that serious community that promotes developing one's skills, can be fun.
Listening to the people who have dumpsters for mouths lay waste to an otherwise competitive and fun atmosphere because they can't control their emotions, is not fun, let alone needed.

Which is why I hope Smash keeps chat out of the public lobbies.
I would prefer to see Smash stay clean of such filth.
CoD already has enough of those types, and the Wii U communities for them are by far cleaner than most, so if it's noticeable even there, then that's saying something.
I don't want that kind of crap in my Smash matches.
With friend matches, sure. Whatever. People can friend and curse however they like there; doesn't affect the public because it's just their buddies and they'll understand and accept that kind of behavior, most likely.
But not in public, at the very least.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm looking forward to play as female Robin, Palutena, Lucina, and Lucario (I really hope they made him less useless this time)... I'm probably also gonna have some fun with the Mii fist fighter... And let's not forget about my usual favorites, Pikachu and Peach... cat_whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff