Welcome to Gaia! ::

Monkeyman04
Z5
Monkeyman04
Tetsuya Normura
Wow, and here I thought there was a Halo/2 sticky for no reason! Please use it.

Retard, This is for Half life 2. I wish my computer could run it. If it could i would have pre-order it.

What are your specs? Usually it WILL run it, just not with all the eye candy.

Um..
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1.80GHz 224Mb of Ram
30.9 GB of free space.

I don't know my graphics card or my sound card.

Start>Control Panel>System

It should tell you the graphics card there, if it's a Geforce 3 or ..hrm..I don't know much about Radeons but any 9000+ it should run.
I've had it pre-ordered for months and months now. crying
Z5
Monkeyman04
Z5
Monkeyman04
Tetsuya Normura

Retard, This is for Half life 2. I wish my computer could run it. If it could i would have pre-order it.

Um..
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1.80GHz 224Mb of Ram
30.9 GB of free space.

It should tell you the graphics card there, if it's a Geforce 3 or ..hrm..I don't know much about Radeons but any 9000+ it should run.

Well I doubt it is thoes. We haven't updated the graphics card. it is what ever graphics card came with the computer when we(my family) got the computer.
Z5
Monkeyman04
Z5
Monkeyman04
Tetsuya Normura

Um..
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1.80GHz 224Mb of Ram
30.9 GB of free space.

The game will run on Video Card's lower the 9000 series. confused
I'm personally looking forward to this aswell as Halo 2. From the E3 videos that I watched, even if it doesn't look absolutely tip top on my Radeon 9200SE, it's going to be incredibly fun to play.

It looked immersive just watching the videos... Especially those Scanners (At least, they were called Scanners in the leaked Pre-E3 beta awhile ago)... Looking forward to seeing the finished version of the lab scene where it breaks straight through the wall to get to you.

Quality.

As for the whole performance issue with Radeon cards lower than 9000+, if Doom 3 can do it, so can Half-Life 2. While it does look stunning, the engine doesn't really seem a patch on Doom 3. Though saying that, D3 was all about claustrophobic indoor environments while Half-Life 2 seems all about draw distance and outdoor freedom.
Morden
Z5
Monkeyman04
Z5
Monkeyman04
Tetsuya Normura

Um..
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1.80GHz 224Mb of Ram
30.9 GB of free space.

Ah..didn't know that.(I don't know much about the Radeon cards)

I do know you need a DirectX8 or 9 supporting card.
Correction, Half-Life 2 will run on video card's that use Direct X 6.0 or higher. 3nodding
Z5
Morden
Z5
Monkeyman04
Z5
Monkeyman04
Tetsuya Normura

Um..
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1.80GHz 224Mb of Ram
30.9 GB of free space.

Ah..didn't know that.(I don't know much about the Radeon cards)

I do know you need a DirectX8 or 9 supporting card.

Well have that installed. so it might just work.
Morden
Correction, Half-Life 2 will run on video card that uses Direct X 6.0 or higher. 3nodding
That would look terrible, though. Direct X 6 doesn't support a lot of the graphical features that make the game look as good as it does.

A lot of the atmospheric feel of the game would go completely down the drain. But still, I suppose it saves having to upgrade to play providing you don't mind missing out on the full experience.

((I could be wrong... Pixel Shading is a DX9 thing, isn't it?))
Psychedelic Sleeper
Morden
Correction, Half-Life 2 will run on video card that uses Direct X 6.0 or higher. 3nodding
That would look terrible, though. Direct X 6 doesn't support a lot of the graphical features that make the game look as good as it does.

A lot of the atmospheric feel of the game would go completely down the drain. But still, I suppose it saves having to upgrade to play providing you don't mind missing out on the full experience.

Yeah, but under the minimum requirements it says DX8 will work fine.
Psychedelic Sleeper
Morden

Well, they did design the game to be used on a wide varity of PC's. Or that what Gabe Newell (Sp ?) said in the video Interview's. sweatdrop

And, I think Pixel Shading is just for DX9 only. But, I could be wrong.
Big man Newell said the game should run on low-end machines during commentary of the videos at E3.

...Did you know he was relatively skinny at the time of Half-life?
Z5
Big man Newell said the game should run on low-end machines during commentary of the videos at E3.

...Did you know he was relatively skinny at the time of Half-life?

He was ? xd I couldn't tell.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces