Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A pretty annoying combination... Does anyone else have experience with this?

I started to notice lately that when I'm intensively playing games, I start getting sweaty and dizzy with slight headaches and such... At 1st I thought it was a mere coincidence, but then I started to notice that it happened after every playing session while playing games with a 3D gameplay... I have only have this when playing games where you're moving around in a 3D environment with the camera behind your a**... After looking it up I found out that this is a form of Motion Sickness... I was already used to having an extreme case of car sickness, but reading that it was even possible with playing games kinda surprised me... Luckily this doesn't affect 2D games or games with a solid, scrolling environment... cat_surprised

So I was kinda wondering if there are others here on Gaia who are familiar with the same problem... Maybe sharing some advice and such... Currently, I already make sure to take breaks regularly (10 minutes break after every 45-60 minutes if I didn't get too sick yet by then) and I leave in a good amount of fresh air which does seem to help a bit... cat_sweatdrop

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Geistly
I know exactly what you mean. I get sick every time I visit this forum.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That's... A little different from motion sickness... But valid enough I guess... cat_sweatdrop

spank me senpai's Husband

YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A pretty annoying combination... Does anyone else have experience with this?

I started to notice lately that when I'm intensively playing games, I start getting sweaty and dizzy with slight headaches and such... At 1st I thought it was a mere coincidence, but then I started to notice that it happened after every playing session while playing games with a 3D gameplay... I have only have this when playing games where you're moving around in a 3D environment with the camera behind your a**... After looking it up I found out that this is a form of Motion Sickness... I was already used to having an extreme case of car sickness, but reading that it was even possible with playing games kinda surprised me... Luckily this doesn't affect 2D games or games with a solid, scrolling environment... cat_surprised

So I was kinda wondering if there are others here on Gaia who are familiar with the same problem... Maybe sharing some advice and such... Currently, I already make sure to take breaks regularly (10 minutes break after every 45-60 minutes if I didn't get too sick yet by then) and I leave in a good amount of fresh air which does seem to help a bit... cat_sweatdrop
Maybe when I'm like really tired. other than that I haven't noticed.

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ugh I hate that. The first time it happened was the first time I played katamari damacy, and I had so much fun I didn't stop until I turned green. @.@
I wanted to try bioshock also, but it's the same deal, so it's just sitting there unplayed sad something about 1st person camera action. 3d doesn't bother me somehow

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
sammonroll
Ugh I hate that. The first time it happened was the first time I played katamari damacy, and I had so much fun I didn't stop until I turned green. @.@
I wanted to try bioshock also, but it's the same deal, so it's just sitting there unplayed sad something about 1st person camera action. 3d doesn't bother me somehow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm sorry to hear that... Have you tried playing small sessions with the window wide open? It may help a bit... cat_emo

I know that feel though... Whenever I'm playing (or sitting in a car), I'm all like Pascal getting sick on board of that ship in Tales of Graces f:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
YunaSama
sammonroll

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm sorry to hear that... Have you tried playing small sessions with the window wide open? It may help a bit... cat_emo

I know that feel though... Whenever I'm playing (or sitting in a car), I'm all like Pascal getting sick on board of that ship in Tales of Graces f:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Haha I used to get carsick all the time. Still get seasick. x.x
Yeah for something like katamari, it would probably be ok. But more action-y games make me wanna play for hours at a time. XD besides, my head's conditioned now to feel like NOPE as soon as I see that evil camera D:

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
sammonroll

Yeah for something like katamari, it would probably be ok. But more action-y games make me wanna play for hours at a time. XD besides, my head's conditioned now to feel like NOPE as soon as I see that evil camera D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.*huggles* You have my sympathy... cat_sad

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
YunaSama
sammonroll

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.*huggles* You have my sympathy... cat_sad

Thanks XD it's ok, as long as I can play pokemon~
I had this problem with Mirror's Edge, but nothing else.

Feral Nymph

Occasionally I'll get motion sick and have to put the game down, though it's usually only specific instances, like dropping Chell through and endless portal or flying around on the Sky Rails in Bioshock Infinite.

Have you tried dramamine? If I'm feeling rotten but I want to keep playing, sometimes I'll take one.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Pessimist
Occasionally I'll get motion sick and have to put the game down, though it's usually only specific instances, like dropping Chell through and endless portal or flying around on the Sky Rails in Bioshock Infinite.

Have you tried dramamine? If I'm feeling rotten but I want to keep playing, sometimes I'll take one.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ah, yes... The flying is the worst... The sickness usually reaches it's peak riding Angelus' back in Drakengard... No, I haven't really gotten any meds for it yet... I'm not sure you can buy them without prescription in the country I live so... cat_sweatdrop

Feral Nymph

YunaSama
Pessimist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ah, yes... The flying is the worst... The sickness usually reaches it's peak riding Angelus' back in Drakengard... No, I haven't really gotten any meds for it yet... I'm not sure you can buy them without prescription in the country I live so... cat_sweatdrop

I didn't remember having too much of a problem with the aerial missions in Drakengard, but it's been forever since I played it.

Oh, drat. I hadn't thought about that. Dramamine is over the counter here in the States. That sucks that you might not be able to get it without a prescription.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Heartlesswithaheart
I had this problem with Mirror's Edge, but nothing else.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I just made the stupid mistake of looking that up... I got lightheaded just watching some gameplay footage... I can't imagen anyone not getting sick playing that... cat_neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff