Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Voter 0
Personally don't see the point why Can't people just enjoy their games.
I know the gaming forum won't let this thread die quietly, so I'm going to redirect everyone here. It encompasses Gamergate and is already full people who love wasting their time.

OP, I think you know why some people can't enjoy games. It's a toxic combination of ignorance, victim complexes, and worthless agendas. Ignore them and hope the fight doesn't affect your personal gaming experience.

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Does this have anything to do with Steam? If not, idrc.
The Last Unknown Master
Personally don't see the point why Can't people just enjoy their games.

Because gaming is now another political arena. The right and left wing zealots have co-opted it to have another playground to endlessly punch each other up and divide us. GamerGate at first really did resemble a legit consumer revolt, and true believers still linger, as does even a few critics of some aspects of gaming culture on the other side, but you won't get much out of neither in light of that.
Pikachew Tobacco

OP, I think you know why some people can't enjoy games. It's a toxic combination of ignorance, victim complexes, and worthless agendas. Ignore them and hope the fight doesn't affect your personal gaming experience.

Sound advice. Don't end up like me. xp
Toastgineer
Robert Ramos

remember PAID MODS. and the shitty games journalist that tried to make the issue even worse by defending it.

To answer op. GG exist because journalist and slacktivist tries are actively trying to ******** over games. Particularly the japanese games. So ******** them.

And the saviors of it are a combination of the same right wing tools who criticized gaming literally WEEKS before GG broke loose, actual bona fide misogynists (not misogynists as Anita or other feminist idiots define it), and 8chan neo-nazis? I don't think so.
Toastgineer

last I remember notyourshield is still a thing

You mean the hashtag that Reaxxion, a GG site, said should appoint Vox Day as a spokesman and who's founder went on anti-gay rants not all that long ago? Astroturf doesn't impress me, son.

Quote:
and gg hates all politics

So...how much of a screencap of 8chan or links to Reaxxion would you like?

Quote:
. But you're prolly just gonna call me a harraser for disagreeing with you.

If I was a libtard, I might. But since I'm not and have a much tighter definition of "harasser" than simply being a bit naive about GamerGate, I won't.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
******** GG. I'm sick to the back teeth of it.
Toastgineer
Robert Ramos

remember PAID MODS. and the shitty games journalist that tried to make the issue even worse by defending it.

To answer op. GG exist because journalist and slacktivist tries are actively trying to ******** over games. Particularly the japanese games. So ******** them.

Literally nobody cares about games journalism. Celebrity gossip columns are more relevant than games journalism.
Gamegate was a year ago. Not even the feminsts give a s**t about it anymore.
Toastgineer
Robert Ramos

They have every right to defend that. It's free press and honestly if they have a solid argument, then you may not agree, but it paves way for a healthy debate.

Japanese companies already do a good job at ******** over Japanese games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff