Welcome to Gaia! ::

MGS video game marathon today. Played MGS2 and listened to some CODEC calls for the firs time ever; then unto Peacewalker.

Had fun to the Sandinitas call Snake EL Che.

Profitable Friend

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Omg i love metal gear! xd pirate rofl rofl rofl

Invisible Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Rath-Kun
The Lovable Otacon
okay why haven't i found this thread before

oh man
oh man

i
i found it
emotion_kirakira

my home~~ heart
Welcome home. ;D

StkNavi
Four months in and still collecting trophies. About 70% in.

Getting all S-Ranks in Peace Walker is kicking my butt. Even with the Fulton Mines, it's really damned hard to do the 36 man vehicle missions.
Once you get the bandanna everything becomes a lot easier.

Oh, I have the bandanna. I just can't go 9 rounds of troops without misplacing one mine in a way that leaves a single troop exposed and then my mission unravels. 200 hours of gameplay and there are just 4 missions I can't S-Rank.
StkNavi
Rath-Kun
The Lovable Otacon

oh man
oh man

i
i found it
emotion_kirakira

my home~~ heart
Welcome home. ;D

StkNavi

Getting all S-Ranks in Peace Walker is kicking my butt. Even with the Fulton Mines, it's really damned hard to do the 36 man vehicle missions.

Oh, I have the bandanna. I just can't go 9 rounds of troops without misplacing one mine in a way that leaves a single troop exposed and then my mission unravels. 200 hours of gameplay and there are just 4 missions I can't S-Rank.
Are tried playing it with someone else? My brother and I used the strategy of one person stocking up on smoke grenades while the other attacks in combination with the fultons.

Invisible Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
iPlasma Snake
StkNavi
Rath-Kun
The Lovable Otacon

oh man
oh man

i
i found it
emotion_kirakira

my home~~ heart
Welcome home. ;D

StkNavi

Are tried playing it with someone else? My brother and I used the strategy of one person stocking up on smoke grenades while the other attacks in combination with the fultons.

Ya know. I never thought to co-op the vehicle missions... Maybe I should.

Mega Elder

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Best. Purchase. Ever.

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Son of a... xD

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
StkNavi

Do you have the Fulton Launcher? That thing is a godsend for most of the vehicle missions.

Questionable Inquisitor

I just met David Hayter today... And I got him to autograph my Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection as well as get a photo with him...

BEST. DAY. EVER!!!

Invisible Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Grouchu
StkNavi

Do you have the Fulton Launcher? That thing is a godsend for most of the vehicle missions.

Yup, and it works just sweet for the helicopter missions, but tank and armored car, I use it (even with smoke grenade) and they know I'm there, I either have to set a series of mine traps or hope I get all 4 in one shot each time.

Really, I can do it via the hold-up and mine method just fine, but it's like 20 minutes of continued effort each time and ONE slip-up makes you have to start over again.

Hence why out of like 60 missions, I only have 4 left.

It's not a matter of being incapable of beating them. It's a matter of just not having had that lucky round where I do everything perfectly.

The 5 Red Skull armored truck is my nightmare, because one of its stops is a tight space behind a train and if I don't mine the exact right area then I have to start running out in to the open and I can't set them up early because the truck runs them all over.

Ah well... I'll keep plugging away at it. Thank heavens for Transfarring.

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
StkNavi
Grouchu
StkNavi

Yup, and it works just sweet for the helicopter missions, but tank and armored car, I use it (even with smoke grenade) and they know I'm there, I either have to set a series of mine traps or hope I get all 4 in one shot each time.

Really, I can do it via the hold-up and mine method just fine, but it's like 20 minutes of continued effort each time and ONE slip-up makes you have to start over again.

Hence why out of like 60 missions, I only have 4 left.

It's not a matter of being incapable of beating them. It's a matter of just not having had that lucky round where I do everything perfectly.

The 5 Red Skull armored truck is my nightmare, because one of its stops is a tight space behind a train and if I don't mine the exact right area then I have to start running out in to the open and I can't set them up early because the truck runs them all over.

Ah well... I'll keep plugging away at it. Thank heavens for Transfarring.

The Red Skull missions were in the train yard? If so, all I would do is put on the sneaking suit and bandana, have some smoke 'nades and the launcher, NVG, the launcher and I guess the Mosin. All I'd do is go to that fence on the left side, close to where the tank starts off in, get up right against the fence, throw down smoke 'nades and fire the launcher. About every two pickups, throw another down to make more smoke and repeat. Could be a video of it, but that's the way I did it. Never got spotted and took me about five minutes.
Do I need to play the games in order? I'm really wanting to skip the first because I'm awful and can't get past the first segment.
StkNavi
iPlasma Snake
StkNavi
Rath-Kun
The Lovable Otacon

oh man
oh man

i
i found it
emotion_kirakira

my home~~ heart
Welcome home. ;D

StkNavi

Ya know. I never thought to co-op the vehicle missions... Maybe I should.
I had the luck that I did the missions with someone I knew.

Mega Elder

Psichosis
I just met David Hayter today... And I got him to autograph my Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection as well as get a photo with him...

BEST. DAY. EVER!!!
I am ever so jealous. At a Con or something? ;-;

Mercain
Do I need to play the games in order? I'm really wanting to skip the first because I'm awful and can't get past the first segment.
It helps to play them in order to understand the story.

Do you need help Navi? I could always help you out with the Peace Walker missions on PS3. I stayed up until 7AM to get my Peace Walker plat. Had to solo a few red-skull missions. That was annoying.

Questionable Inquisitor

Rath-Kun
Psichosis

BEST. DAY. EVER!!!
I am ever so jealous. At a Con or something? ;-;

Indeed. :] Fan Expo here in Vancouver. Here's a list of guests.

http://www.fanexpovancouver.com/guests

I was actually very lucky to meet him. He had his own table set up at the con but I got there late because of work and his table had closed down by then. I was very sad. ]: But as me and my friend were walking through the vendor's area she suddenly grabbed and turned my head to the side and said "Look!" Sure enough, there was David Hayter walking right by me. :]

It was quite a shock, and I pretty much froze up on the spot when I realized he was walking by. My friend actually had to do most of the talking on my behalf because I was aw struck at actually meeting David face to face. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff