Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thanacytus
NG and NG+ Lost Sinner are basically different bosses, but this change impacts both versions. The Lost Sinner in NG is so easy that I beat it at half the recommended level without the torch trick with very little effort. It didn't need nerfed.

But even NG+'s version didn't need a nerf. This is starting to follow a trend of "If the average player struggles with it, it should just be nerfed."

The only bosses that should ever be nerfed are ones that have a broken mechanic, such as Ancient Dragon's "I'll fly off the edge and make it impossible for you to avoid my fire. Lawl!"

Not that I don't agree with you, but you =/= everyone else..
I found the Lost Sinner easy too and find the nerf unessesary but I also don't believe the Ancient Dragon needs a nerf either. Heh.
I am curious on what exactly you mean when you say "it flies off the edge" since I've only ever seen it get really close to the edge but never fly out of it.

Guess in the end we all have our tolerances and/or skill level (or even luck?) for certain parts of the game but I go against any kind of nerfing at all, unless it's to balance PvP mechanics. (TWoP builds,flipping Havels, ect.)

Bryagh's Significant Otter

Virtuous Man-Lover

Aevum Noir
Thanacytus
NG and NG+ Lost Sinner are basically different bosses, but this change impacts both versions. The Lost Sinner in NG is so easy that I beat it at half the recommended level without the torch trick with very little effort. It didn't need nerfed.

But even NG+'s version didn't need a nerf. This is starting to follow a trend of "If the average player struggles with it, it should just be nerfed."

The only bosses that should ever be nerfed are ones that have a broken mechanic, such as Ancient Dragon's "I'll fly off the edge and make it impossible for you to avoid my fire. Lawl!"

I found the Lost Sinner easy too and find the nerf unessesary but I also don't believe the Ancient Dragon needs a nerf either. Heh.
I am curious on what exactly you mean when you say "it flies off the edge" since I've only ever seen it get really close to the edge but never fly out of it.

Guess in the end we all have our tolerances and/or skill level (or even luck?) for certain parts of the game but I go against any kind of nerfing at all, unless it's to balance PvP mechanics. (TWoP builds,flipping Havels, ect.)
The Ancient Dragon has the ability to fly over the edge (his body half off of it completely, tail out of reach) and breath fire, covering literally the entire area except the further spot... which is impossible to reach before the fire gets you in almost every case.

He can also completely 180 in the air in a split second, breathing fire -directly- down on you giving you absolutely zero time to avoid it.

If he does either of these, unless your character is -specifically- built to endure as much fire damage as possible, you -cannot- win the fight.
Thanacytus
Aevum Noir
Thanacytus

The Ancient Dragon has the ability to fly over the edge (his body half off of it completely, tail out of reach) and breath fire, covering literally the entire area except the further spot... which is impossible to reach before the fire gets you in almost every case.

He can also completely 180 in the air in a split second, breathing fire -directly- down on you giving you absolutely zero time to avoid it.

If he does either of these, unless your character is -specifically- built to endure as much fire damage as possible, you -cannot- win the fight.

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. Yes, broken indeed.
I usually never feel comfortable when the Dragon gets near the edge and wait it out on a far opposite edge until he come closer to the middle.
It's suicidal really, since if you decide to fight it near an edge and if it flies up for the fire attack you lose one possible escape path, and if it so covers your others then..

The Dragon definitely breaks some of the rules to standard Dark Souls bosses, but it has some critical flaws: it has an exploitable AI and is predictable.
Honestly disappointed the Ancient Dragon doesn't move more on it's own feet or captures the magic that was Kalameet.. But I still wouldn't change anything that isn't broke on the Dragon either... Including the 180.

..... He'll likely get a nerf too either way, whether I like it or not.

I did it with no changes to my build, nor did I bother with fire resistance since I noticed it's one mistake, and you're done.. But I've survived, wasn't easy but I got it.

Basatan's Waifu

User Image

Finally got the Warlock Mask and Heide armor set. emotion_drool
User ImageUser Image

Distinct Tycoon

lm Rinny
User Image

Finally got the Warlock Mask and Heide armor set. emotion_drool
User ImageUser Image

Got the mask my first try. It's so cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. I mean, it's heavy as s**t, but it's pretty intimidating.

Basatan's Waifu

The Greene

Got the mask my first try. It's so cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. I mean, it's heavy as s**t, but it's pretty intimidating.
User Image

It took me 11 tries. sweatdrop
Lucky you though.
Edit: I thought it was 8 but I was thinking of the wrong bonfire.

Distinct Tycoon

lm Rinny
The Greene

User Image

It took me 8 tries. sweatdrop
Lucky you though.

I honestly thought it was a 100% chance to drop because it was off of the red phantom. BUT NOW YOU TOO CAN LOOK COOL! Also, your Heide armor makes me jealous.

Basatan's Waifu

The Greene

I honestly thought it was a 100% chance to drop because it was off of the red phantom. BUT NOW YOU TOO CAN LOOK COOL! Also, your Heide armor makes me jealous.
User Image

It took me a lot of tries but it's not that hard to get since he's guaranteed to drop a piece of his set each time. I used the first forest of the giants bonfire to farm him. I'd say it's very worth it. 3nodding

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Thanacytus
Glorious Leader Luna
Thanacytus
-Radiant-Abyss-
Just looked over those patch notes, and I'm glad I held off on buying the game for a bit. I've no desire to punish myself by putting up with any lame bullshit that dark souls is known to throw at people, so to see news of the bosses and other things getting scaled down is pleasing news to me.
The bosses they nerfed are some of the easiest bosses, though. The only bosses in the entire game that could be considered cheap or -overly- difficult aren't nerfed at all.

Last Giant sure that's easy but Lost Sinner (more so NG+) is not easy nor is the Royal Rat Authority.

Most people do that anyway given the game leads you to think that Lost Bastille is the first place you go after Last Giant

The balance should be for the "average" player

The very experienced players are going to find the game easy no matter what

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
xDemonic_Warlordx
My conclusion was nothing they did made me want to stop playing, so let's just keep playing. And if they ever do make some crazy change that makes me wanna quit, I'll just delete the updates and play offline. I started out dark souls offline, due to lack of interwebs, but I still loved that crazy game. I faced lordran alone, I'm not afraid to do the same with drangleic if the need should arise.
It's entirely possible to do so... from what I've seen, with the exception of a few bosses, there's an npc summon in almost every area. The one's with out a summons aren't the hardest ones, so it's entirely do-able.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Can hardly play the game on the ps3. Struggle so ******** much with the Last Giant and I hate it.

But, I'm annoyed. I picked the body-type the game starts you off on in character creation, and put on Creighton's Armor annnnd now my guy looks like I'm using the fat body-type. I":

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Lucatiel got a buff? Maybe now she won't be so horribly ******** useless and her achievement might actually be possible to get without grinding.

"Female mages in Shrine Of Amana receiving nerf in both damage and their spell’s tracking ability."
These ******** enemies.... Were bullshit.

Also; I feel like the only boss nerf that was necessary was the Royal Rat Authority's damage.

Distinct Tycoon

Team_Lads_Ray
Lucatiel got a buff? Maybe now she won't be so horribly ******** useless and her achievement might actually be possible to get without grinding.

"Female mages in Shrine Of Amana receiving nerf in both damage and their spell’s tracking ability."

Also; I feel like the only boss nerf that was necessary was the Royal Rat Authority's damage.

"I'm directly behind this pillar, no way can that-" YOU ARE DEAD

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
The Greene
Team_Lads_Ray

"I'm directly behind this pillar, no way can that-" YOU ARE DEAD

The most annoying is towards the end near the boss where there is like 3 of em off in the distance and they start ******** firing off at you nonstop.

But now from what I understand, they got nerfed into the ground.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff