Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jeering Codger

User Image

A lot of faithful Gaians are disappointed that we don't do more manga and mini-comic updates-- actually, we are too. We'd love to do more, but they take a whole lot of art resources, and since the art team is massively busy anyway, that usually translates into artists staying in the office until 4AM to finish them. Plus, I'm extremely lazy and nothing short of a direct death threat from L0cke can inspire me to get off my a** and write one (fortunately, he threatens to kill me all the time).

But the problem is deeper and dumber than that: sometimes comics get made and, for whatever reason, never get released.

Olympics: Durem, Part 2 & 3
Artist: reapersun (characters) & Shin Kokuu (backgrounds)
Writer: reapersun
Why they didn't get released: No idea. Possibly my fault?

Reapersun made these awesome follow-up comics to the 2008 Olympics event, telling the story of Louie fighting for his honor against a snooty Dark Elf. These things were spectacular and seem to be fully complete, so I don't know why they never made it into the manga archive. I'm guessing it's my fault; please throw garbage at me.

If these pages look a little too tiny to read, maybe you should try clicking on them, newjack.

Part Two:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Part Three:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Prom 2008: Part 2
Artist: Sukinahito
Writer: Me
Why it didn't get released: Lost in limbo; unfinished due to other projects popping up.

I wrote a follow-up comic to our prom event last year, but the art team was, as always, extremely busy with other projects. L0cke decided that it would be less resource-intensive if we did them as mini-comics instead, and Sukinahito adapted them to a smaller format and completed four of them (extremely well, as you can see). We sent them out to get put in the mini-comic archive, but they fell in some sort of vortex of horror and never made it onto the site. Since time was tight and they weren't getting put up anyway, they were set aside and the series was never finished. See below for the unproduced comic script.

Allow me to explain the concept of thumbnails in case you missed a few Internet Club meetings: click the little pictures to see big pictures.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

And now, the unproduced bits of the prom comic script. Since these comics never got produced, you should just pretend that none of the plot developments or character interactions presented here ever happened:

Quote:
Ladies' Bathroom. Vanessa, Moira, Natasha are in the prom restroom, chatting and fixing up their hair. Sam is beside them, but she doesn't seem to be part of their conversation. Moira, Sam and Natasha are in cute dresses, while Vanessa's outfit is comically tight. Sam is adjusting her dress and looking rather lonely.

VANESSA
[tugging at her dress]
This thing is cutting off my circulation.

NATASHA
Tell me about it. So's Liam. He's a nice guy, but...

MOIRA
Why'd you agree to go with him, anyway? Don’t you know there's an embargo against him?

NATASHA
Aww, come on. Not really my type, but he's cute.

VANESSA
There's nothing cute about desperation. No offense, but did you know he asked, like, every girl in the universe?

Sam looks over, a little bit shocked.

SAM
Excuse me... I don't mean to butt in... but he asked every girl?

MOIRA
Even Agatha!

Sam tries to hide her disappointment.

SAM
Wow... his shop is right near to mine... I guess he forgot to drop by...

The ladies pause and glance around nervously. Sam walks out.

NATASHA
Awk-waaaaaard!

Dance floor. Quick panels of characters dancing. Louie and Moria are in an elaborate swing-dance pose. Cindy Donovinh does a goofy, thumbs-out "Elaine dance," while onlookers react with horror. Lex, alone and dressed in a sequined Elvis jumpsuit, gyrates his hips.

Lance and Devin do the Charleston opposite each other, both laughing as the crowd cheers. The Von Helson sisters dance side-by-side with sheepish grins on their faces, while the crowd boos enthusiastically. Meredith, looking fabulous, dances with Bludeau, who has a tuxedo awkwardly spray-painted on his chassis. Jealous male onlookers ask, "Who's that!?"

An empty dance floor; an onlooker shouts "Hey! Where are Edmund and Vanessa?" -- a cutaway in the corner shows the limo, with frenzied motion-lines coming from it.

Finally, Ian and Rufus come out in matching tuxedos. They dance like crazy for a few frames, then take a bow. The crowd goes wild.

EDY
Whoa! Looks like we've got a pretty clear winner! Ladies and gentlemen, let's give it up for Ian and Rufus, the 2008 dance champs!

Ian and Rufus jump up on stage and wave. Gambino is furious.

GAMBINO
My scheme! A cat! Nooooooo!

Gambino falls to his knees in anguish.

EDMUND
What did I tell you?

Dance floor. Things are winding down. There are balloons and empty cups on the ground, and the lights are a little lower.

Timmy watches Dr. Singh chatting with Lance and Flynn. He's jealous and morose. Suddenly, there's a tap on his shoulder. He turns around to see Rina, who's looking at him with a wide-eyed smile. He begins to smile back, and appears that the two of them are sharing a moment.

RINA
Hey Timmy... I was just wonderin'...

TIMMY
H-hi... Rina...

RINA
Didja know you got both feet through the same pant leg?

Timmy looks down, and we see that she's right. He goes red-faced with humiliation and rage. Rina walks away.

TIMMY
YEEP!

We hope you've enjoyed this trip down forgetfulness lane. Maybe, with a little luck, we'll have some actual new manga updates going in the actual manga archives for real pretty soon (but don't hold your breath).

Adorable Trash

This...this is awesome. How has no one else noticed all this yet?

Thank you guys so much for posting these!!!

For a lot of us, the plot really is what makes the site, and it's one of the things we really look forward to. We understand that they're time consuming, but it really is one of the coolest things Gaia has going for it!
Don't ever, ever ask me about what happened in the limo.
I refuse to speak of it.

Can't look Edmund in the eye after that night.. goddammit Vee.

Hygienic Genius

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
eek eek eek eek

My hatred for Cordell has doubled. And I'm so excited over the prom stuff! They really left that one open. neutral
User Image

Haha, these are great xD

Thanks for showing these!
    User Image

Single Divorcee

User Image

Omg, Closure! Gives us more! heart

Rainbow Trafficker

STUPID SEXY FLYNN, PREYING ON MY WEAKNESS FOR WOMEN IN MEN'S WEAR scream

But seriously, this is awesome! Are you going to add these to the manga archives? I know it's a little late, but you really should add the finished ones. 3nodding
This is perfect, thanks!
I appreciate the fact that Meredith and Josie came to the prom.

EDIT: It's stupid but I am so happy for plot!! Lovely lovely plot!! Now if I could only get Edmund or Vanessa to mention me sometime.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Sweet! Is there any way for us to create an edit thread for these and Gaia archive it somewhere? Because these pages are unreleased (or official-ish), I guess subscribing to it is the best we can do. D:

*edits*
I didn't read the last bits of info, whoops. But! I still have my doubts. xD
heart

This is awesome, Cashmere. Thanks!

Adorable Trash

Uncle Haijin
STUPID SEXY FLYNN, PREYING ON MY WEAKNESS FOR WOMEN IN MEN'S WEAR scream

But seriously, this is awesome! Are you going to add these to the manga archives? I know it's a little late, but you really should add the finished ones. 3nodding

I agree!

And yes, Flynn looks great in the tux!

Hygienic Genius

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
-throws garbage at Cashmere then glomps-

Thirteenth Lightbringer

22,975 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
Hell yeah, my manga stomach is satisfied!
SEXY FANGIRL IS SEXY!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces