• Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?
the new twilight-a book turned movie everyone is talking about
let me know when some1 tells you, cuz idk 2
Summing up the plot in a few sentences-- Katniss Everdeen has volunteered to replace her little sister (with herself), Primrose, in a deadly "game" set up by the rich Capitol, in which only one contestant comes out alive. The winning contestant gets a whole lot of money from the Capitol (aka their government), and Katniss' District (it's a bit like a county) is one of the poorest in the Capitol's power and really needs the money. Throughout the games, Katniss needs to balance her humanity and survival skills.

Wow. When you say that aloud, it sounds so cheesy. But believe me. It's not. Many people that I know read the book reluctantly because it's sci-fi and they didn't sci-fi, but ended up falling in love with the book.

Even after reading this, you really, REALLY, need to look up the setting. I can't sum up the setting very quickly.

Seeking Seeker

16,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Waffles! 25
heart
Rick Paul Astley
Ranger Cody
Who thinks hunger games should be in gaia?

I'm hungry. And I'm on Gaia. See, it's happening already! biggrin
HELL YEAH!!!! :3 the movie comes out march 23, 2012 (A.K.A tommorow) i cant wait!!!! they should have all the hunger games items for gaia. would be amazing!

6,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
cyrusus
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?
Summing up the plot in a few sentences-- Katniss Everdeen has volunteered to replace her little sister (with herself), Primrose, in a deadly "game" set up by the rich Capitol, in which only one contestant comes out alive. The winning contestant gets a whole lot of money from the Capitol (aka their government), and Katniss' District (it's a bit like a county) is one of the poorest in the Capitol's power and really needs the money. Throughout the games, Katniss needs to balance her humanity and survival skills.

Wow. When you say that aloud, it sounds so cheesy. But believe me. It's not. Many people that I know read the book reluctantly because it's sci-fi and they didn't sci-fi, but ended up falling in love with the book.

Even after reading this, you really, REALLY, need to look up the setting. I can't sum up the setting very quickly.
ty & ok biggrin

6,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
T4NGO
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?

New twilight? So... there's a naked sparkly man and a shirtless dog person? :O

read again, im talking about how its popular, is a book, and is being mad into a movie

Codebreaking Raider

5,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Gaian 50
Belethiel
Caghyre
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?
Oh okay, I think I might've heard of the movie...

... It is nothing like Twilight at all. .___. There's a love triangle, but that's it. And that isn't even the center of the story. Only the media wants it to be the next Twilight. Believe me, I hate everything about Twilight, but I love this trilogy. It's a much better story and the author isn't an idiot.

I'm so glad someone else thinks so too. ;u; I'm sooo happy there are people like you out there. The series should be celebrated, but not compared and treated like Twilight.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
master-puppet
Belethiel
Tacofoolio
If you mean items, hell yes! If you mean our beloved staff must fight to the death, then gonk nooooo, I would miss them!

YES. TRIBUTE CLOTHES FOR EVERYBODY! The outfits are prefect for Gaia and I would love to wear them. ;3; But.... it's kind of disturbing if you think of the tributes as animals dressed for slaughter. It's all a part of the show. That glitz has a dark side.

I want a Mockingjay pin. .... Hey, they could make a RIG out of the movie. emotion_dowant They did it for Harry Potter....
no they didnt, they had items but no rig

Yeah they did. Many items in the Valefor Adademy RIG are based off of Harry Potter.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
LuvlessAdmirer
Belethiel
Caghyre
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?
Oh okay, I think I might've heard of the movie...

... It is nothing like Twilight at all. .___. There's a love triangle, but that's it. And that isn't even the center of the story. Only the media wants it to be the next Twilight. Believe me, I hate everything about Twilight, but I love this trilogy. It's a much better story and the author isn't an idiot.

I'm so glad someone else thinks so too. ;u; I'm sooo happy there are people like you out there. The series should be celebrated, but not compared and treated like Twilight.

Actually, it really deserves the attention more than Twilight did, since the books are actually something special while Twilight books are a dime a dozen. :/ So in that respect, yeah. Except for it should be portrayed as it is, an intelligent story rather than a stupid little ... thing full of love and rainbows. Compared to the actual book, that is what the media is saying it's like. xD Hopefully that'll die down when people realize that the story is quite serious and not a love story at all.

I am so happy the trailer didn't show Katpee kissing. ^_^ They're targeting the true fans, yes? But, they did show a little too much Gale... like, almost all of his parts in the first book. The media thinks, "lolz, ppl luv luv triangels."

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PertoShiri
T4NGO
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?

read again, im talking about how its popular, is a book, and is being mad into a movie

So... it's gonna be something that only preps and pop music loving schoolgirls will enjoy that everyone else will probably hate on and attempt to relate it to older movies with similar characters?

Codebreaking Raider

5,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Gaian 50
T4NGO
PertoShiri
T4NGO
PertoShiri
Caghyre
What's Hunger Games?

So... it's gonna be something that only preps and pop music loving schoolgirls will enjoy that everyone else will probably hate on and attempt to relate it to older movies with similar characters?

|D I like you.

You're completely dizzy in the noodle if you try comparing it to Twilight. >.> NEVER judge a book on it's fanbase. :I Heresay is often wrong. Read it for yourself, all the way through, and THEN judge it. :3 It's very serious and awesome and just so darn filled with death. I love it.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LuvlessAdmirer
|D I like you.

Sorry I'm only into girl girls. lol

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Im currently reading the hunger games and i think it should be part of Gaia. It would be great addiction to Gaia! emotion_awesome

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS scream

Unbeatable Hunter

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
My sister in-law and co-workers got me into the books (and I mean my co-workers who are 30 years old and older too). Even though it's a "teen" books series, it's actually more of a grown up story that's easy to read. Anyone who hasn't read it, I recommend it. I just hated the ending of the last book. Once everything was over, it was like the author said, "Ok...Now what?". I definitely think Gaia should do something for the movie, and I'm quite surprised they haven't yet.

Questionable Cat

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PertoShiri
I personally think that it was a great book. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash