Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

Lily-livered Duelist

I like the centering, but it messes up some of the RP forums. I would love to be able to turn in on for some areas of the site but not others.
Please do add this feature. I like alot. biggrin

Beloved Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
I really like the centered site idea, particularly in the forums. It just makes it look much neater and sleeker.

EDIT: And it doesn't mess with the RPs TOO much from what I've seen. Unless they've already been built with the centered format in mind.

Beloved Noob

Whatever browser I use it's still good^^
I'd like to see more of an option list of backgrounds to choose from
rather than just having one background.
It gets boring at times with the current one.
Is there anyway to make the site stretch across the entire width of our browser?

Friendly Gaian

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Member 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I love the centered site but an option to choose and change between different backgrounds would be nice. Same goes for the header up top where the avi is displayed. I think we should be allowed to choose the background there instead of having to deal with whatever theme goes with the current 'hot' item.

I Kirby I's Wife

Lavish Kitten

11,700 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Only problem I see with the centering is the Layouts and Graphics people create. If you order from someone who does Centered Layouts, others without the option see a very jumbled and messy layout, while it looks beautiful with the centered option.

But other than that I love how it looks, just wish I could change the background, lol. Or at least match it with the header background so the color scheme doesn't look a hot mess.

Edit: And I'm using Google Chrome -- Still awesome.

Friendly Lunatic

I love this!

My main gripe is that I like to use Windows in split-screen mode sometimes. Like this:

+-------+-------+
|.......|.Skype.|
|.Gaia..|..or...|
|.......|..w/e..|
+-------+-------+
=Start===========

With a 1920x1080 monitor and Google Chrome, that means my browser window is about 930 pixels wide. The site styles itself to have a minimum width of 970px or so, if I understand correctly. That's great for making sure RP formats look consistent to different people, but it means I have a scrollbar to cover the extra 100px or whatever. It's frustrating!

I guess what I'm asking is...can you make an option to have the site centered in a window that is fewer than 970 pixels wide?
I noticed a bug with this. At the bottom of my screen, the "about us, privacy policy" etc is not centered.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Just thought it could be fixed. I love this and wish it was part of the site 100% of the time!

Friendly Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
Just found this, I'm liking it. But I wish it was just a tad wider. I'm on 1080p resolution and the site just looks so small when centered currently.
edit: now with 100% more pictures
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4851/gaiacentered.jpg

Married Businessman

7,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I love this option so much and it feels so right that I forgot that this isn't how the site is supposed to look!
It made my load time a lot slower
and then when I turned it off
I kept seeing things in the way
it was for the centered site
it's still like that
and it's starting to get annoying
since codes aren't working on my end
and it makes Layouts look horrible

Deadly Warrior

7,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Love it, but.. It seems wrong somehow. It may be my 1080 resolution, but : http://puu.sh/1pTpq

It's just too much background IMO.
i didn't really care for it, but that's mostly because i have a very large computer, and things just look weird when centered. if i gets made for reals, it should be able to be toggled on and off.

Perfect Warlord

48,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I think the centering Idea is great. I love websites to be centered. because the site is normally justified to the left I will ahve to get used to this new look but i love the image in the back. It is beautiful and I hope to see more gaia backgrounds in the future.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff