Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
it seems like it is ridiculously expensive and the gold doesn't really come back in profit, unless I am misunderstanding something

I guess what im wondering is why people craft when the items cost way more to make than to just buy outright. So far I have spent millions trying to craft things that sell for a fraction of that.

Also: I was looking into doing a wing quest, but am discouraged by the price of crafting (it seems like throwing away gold) and the rarity of the items doesnt help my mixed feelings.

Note: I am only level 1 so my experience may just not be the norm yet and I realize that, but by lurking here a while I know have more questions than ever before about the process

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
It doesn't have to take millions to reach level 2, or even level 3, but as I said in the other thread, it does take research to know where the smart money is.

You can get a free Alchemy Starter Kit from the Alchemy page that contains an easy and very cheap level-1 formula, and then you can buy more of the Starter Kits off the Marketplace. if you have any interest in zOMG!, the Orb Aggregate can also be an easy - and profitable - level-1 formula.

If you haven't yet, you should peruse the Alchemy Guide and Information database. It's a thread that conveniently lists all of the different guides this forum's regulars have written to make Alchemy easier to understand, and to succeed at.

15,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Platonix
It doesn't have to take millions to reach level 2, or even level 3, but as I said in the other thread, it does take research to know where the smart money is.

You can get a free Alchemy Starter Kit from the Alchemy page that contains an easy and very cheap level-1 formula, and then you can buy more of the Starter Kits off the Marketplace. if you have any interest in zOMG!, the Orb Aggregate can also be an easy - and profitable - level-1 formula.

If you haven't yet, you should peruse the Alchemy Guide and Information database. It's a thread that conveniently lists all of the different guides this forum's regulars have written to make Alchemy easier to understand, and to succeed at.

oh i didnt know that you could do it in a more cost efficient way, like i said before i would love to actually quest the wings or even level up other ways, i just feel like its not really possible, seeing all of the other people talking about how expensive it is and how hard it is to find the items really concerns me

i will have to check out the guide and see, thank you 3nodding

Perfect Warlord

48,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
From a financial standpoint you have to be ready to invest millions if you want to reach level 10. So before you even start investing in alchemy, make sure you've got every accessory on your wish list already.

From an emotional stand point it is rewarding to make it to level 10 alchemist. You will have brag rights that not many other people have. How many people do you know that can say they made it to level 10? It has nothing to do with luck or money, but more to do with finishing something you started. Nobody can take that away from you.

The best advice I can give you is: Take your time. The prices of materials will fluctuate, and when they are more reasonable you can get more for less. Patience will keep you from going flat broke from crafting just one item.

15,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Arlet Porselinchild
From a financial standpoint you have to be ready to invest millions if you want to reach level 10. So before you even start investing in alchemy, make sure you've got every accessory on your wish list already.

From an emotional stand point it is rewarding to make it to level 10 alchemist. You will have brag rights that not many other people have. How many people do you know that can say they made it to level 10? It has nothing to do with luck or money, but more to do with finishing something you started. Nobody can take that away from you.

The best advice I can give you is: Take your time. The prices of materials will fluctuate, and when they are more reasonable you can get more for less. Patience will keep you from going flat broke from crafting just one item.

thank you, i think what i will do is put my alchemy quest on a budget, and work on it slowly only allowing myself to spend a certain amount on things, so i can work on it at the side and get things as i can, otherwise i would go broke...

Perfect Warlord

48,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
xAngel of Mercyx
Arlet Porselinchild

thank you, i think what i will do is put my alchemy quest on a budget, and work on it slowly only allowing myself to spend a certain amount on things, so i can work on it at the side and get things as i can, otherwise i would go broke...

That is basically what I ended up doing and eventually made it to level 10. You might end up crafting the same item a few times to get to the next level, but in the end the feeling you get from reaching level 10, is worth it.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Crafting backwings used to be profitable, but prices for the fish, body dyes, and bugs are getting way out of hand.

15,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
I make the cheapest ones.
I'm here for the Achievements. . .I dont' know why. It's addictive

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers