Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
It's been a while since I've lurked here, but it seemed like a lot of people thought you had to be rich in alchemy just because caches are so expensive, components are so expensive, etc.

I just wanted to point out that if an item costs 50m to make.. that gold is not going mostly to crafting fees. rolleyes

Here are a couple ways to get on the receiving end of all that gold:

• Make philosopher caches.. Even if you pay ABP in the market for components, you can profit 50k+ for EVERY cache you make. gonk
  • Go into towns at dusk and collect old crumpleds (1k each) and pink carnations (600 each).. I think this is faster money than Papa Saw in zomg even. O.o
  • farm zomg VG.. Feathers and leaves are about 1k each and if you have a crew, it's possible to AFK quite a bit. >w<

About a week ago I spent about 1m in trash and I've made 12m selling caches since then.. so yeah.

So all ye poor alchemists, don't complain that alchemy is expensive.. get out there and make millions off it. xd

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
I have a conspiracy theory that some alchemists don't want new alchemists to know about how profitable and cheap making Caches can be... why else would every time I see a thread people tell them to make gold giftboxes or starter kits to level up? gonk

And heck more Caches on the market means more components and recipes in circulation which will make prices lower for everyone.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
You good sir, should win an internet.

Destructive Bunny

It depends on why your aim for alchemy is. If its just gold making, then caches are a gold mine.

If you are trying to level past 4 or make those back wings. Lets just say the process of leveling up is far from profitable.

Stick to caches and forget that alchemy exists past level 1 xd

Dangerous Dabbler

Kiyo_Michan
I have a conspiracy theory that some alchemists don't want new alchemists to know about how profitable and cheap making Caches can be... why else would every time I see a thread people tell them to make gold giftboxes or starter kits to level up? gonk

And heck more Caches on the market means more components and recipes in circulation which will make prices lower for everyone.

Most people suggest the Starter Kit for someone starting out, because it's free and it shows them the very basics of alchemy.

After that, Orb Aggregates are the cheapest (in both time and gold) to craft for people with the least amount of gold.

After that, most people recommend Philosopher's Caches -now- over the Giftbox, but only because Gaia changed the formula. The Caches are now twice as easy as Golden Magical Giftbox, whereas before the change the Caches were four times as hard. So if you're remembering old threads, that's why they said Giftboxes.

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Cimeara
Kiyo_Michan

Most people suggest the Starter Kit for someone starting out, because it's free and it shows them the very basics of alchemy.

After that, Orb Aggregates are the cheapest (in both time and gold) to craft for people with the least amount of gold.

After that, most people recommend Philosopher's Caches -now- over the Giftbox, but only because Gaia changed the formula. The Caches are now twice as easy as Golden Magical Giftbox, whereas before the change the Caches were four times as hard. So if you're remembering old threads, that's why they said Giftboxes.

RE: Orb Aggregates While they're easy/cheap to get to level three... if a new alchemist were to make only Caches up to level 3, and sell them for an average of 150,000 each (well below market price at the moment) they'd make 4.5 million gold. Which instead of rushing into level three to get stuck with almost no gold, they can take their time and end up there with a nice pocket of gold to get over the level 3 hump.

Dangerous Dabbler

Kiyo_Michan
Cimeara
Kiyo_Michan

RE: Orb Aggregates While they're easy/cheap to get to level three... if a new alchemist were to make only Caches up to level 3, and sell them for an average of 150,000 each (well below market price at the moment) they'd make 4.5 million gold. Which instead of rushing into level three to get stuck with almost no gold, they can take their time and end up there with a nice pocket of gold to get over the level 3 hump.

Oh, I agree! Caches are a MUCH better investment. But Caches cost a minimum of nearly 10K to craft, even if you farm for everything farmable, and Aggregates cost only about 1K. So for someone with no gold to speak of, crafting a few Aggregates and selling those will get them the gold to make Caches. (And the success rate for Caches gets better as you go up in level.) I've also seen newcomers blanch at the amount of time it takes if they -do- farm everything for a Cache. So that's why I'll continue to offer the Aggregate option, at least as an option.

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Cimeara
Oh, I agree! Caches are a MUCH better investment. But Caches cost a minimum of nearly 10K to craft, even if you farm for everything farmable, and Aggregates cost only about 1K. So for someone with no gold to speak of, crafting a few Aggregates and selling those will get them the gold to make Caches. (And the success rate for Caches gets better as you go up in level.) I've also seen newcomers blanch at the amount of time it takes if they -do- farm everything for a Cache. So that's why I'll continue to offer the Aggregate option, at least as an option.

True! People are lazy! As long as they're informed it's their own choice to make. wink

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Starshine
It depends on why your aim for alchemy is. If its just gold making, then caches are a gold mine.

If you are trying to level past 4 or make those back wings. Lets just say the process of leveling up is far from profitable.

Lol the thing is, poor people complain that backwings (the rarest item in all Gaia) are too expensive for them, so it should be "removed from alchemy"
but in reality, alchemy is the best damn thing that ever happened to poor people and if they took a modicum of effort.. they could be sitting back cheering on those backwings alchemists and making millions off of these people. rolleyes

And then, they can go back and spend those mills on alchemy if they wish. xd

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
People with enough orbs to mass produce orb aggregates are gonna have plenty of gold to make caches if they want. rolleyes

And I know if you asked me to click the same buttons 2-3 thousand times for a couple mill, I wouldn't.. xd

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Kiyo_Michan

Lol if I knew about this, I would've finished Aurora months ago. xd
One of my friends said she made nearly 70m off caches in the last few months... and I believe her... o.o

Either way, after spending ~90m on Aurora, it feels good for alchemy to be paying me back for this last leg. xd heart

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cimeara
Kiyo_Michan
Cimeara
Kiyo_Michan

Lol you don't need to farm anything.. if you have even just 400-500k to get started..

Lol it is a bit annoying though in that:
I didn't even see a gold profit (was reinvesting in trash) for like 5 days.. then day 6 and bam. I made like 50 caches.. I can see where people that want to see immediate results could be annoyed. xd

I did make a cache profit/inventory value calculator to track results though. xd

Edit: and options 2 and 3 are good if you don't have startup funds. smile

Destructive Bunny

Hashtable
Starshine

Lol the thing is, poor people complain that backwings the rarest item in all Gaia) are too expensive for them, so it should be removed from alchemy
but in reality, alchemy is the best damn thing that ever happened to poor people and if they took a modicum of effort.. they could be sitting back cheering on those backwings alchemists and making millions off of these people. rolleyes

And then, they can go back and spend those mills on alchemy if they wish. xd
They shouldnt remove the wings, but i wouldnt mind seeing the angelic and demonic ones be distributed in another way as well.

I do like the fact that alchemy made trash no longer useless. The distributing of gold from people who buy caches to those who make them is the best thing that happened in relation to alchemy.

But you know, if the back wings quests were released at a higher rate, youd make even more from the caches emotion_awesome and they need to overhaul other features related to alchemy. I want to buy 100 pancakes in 3 clicks, not 300. I made 4 pancake hats and in total had to click over 1000 times to buy the gold shop items needed. RSI is bad for my health D:

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

You must understand that when those working on the backwings, the same people that are avid Exchangers/vendors, artists, etc. and can make millions of gold at the drop of a hat, are complaining about component supply and how much gold they have shelled out on crafting costs alone, it deters a lot of people from participating entirely (possibly one billion gold just to get a set of basic wings other sites have in their gold shoppes for a few hundred or thousand?). When crafting Caches or Cases no longer gets you anywhere once you reach level three, a lot of the users will back off especially when they are battling each other over a handful of certain components that are needed to craft level three and two formulas, and especially when those same components are needed in ridiculous amounts in the Quest formulas in addition.

I have been crafting as many Caches as I can. Half of the time I am pulling shitty components that are not used in more than one formula that no one touches or does not even have a formula to be used in (what in hell does Frog Slime get used in?). The other half is split down the middle between the components I need currently and what others are looking for. I am still at level three, and I have had to shift my focus around because of the amount of certain components available to trade for or purchase dropped and their prices skyrocketed to the moon and back all because of the Quest formulas. I cannot craft the three Dove Capelets I want to, two to craft Windy Gear, because Spring Breezes, which I was finding more often being traded and sold for between 160k to 260k now reach between 600k to over one million gold in value. I am going to have a very difficult time crafting level three formulas that create components called for in the formula chains required for the last formula in the Quest chains; I want to craft them to level up and to have on hand for the formulas that call for them later on (Erebus' Moon is one I have my eye on right now).

It does not even come down to the components from the Caches alone. I cannot craft another Giant Scalpel because the price for the Giant Syringe is teetering between 800k and one million because they are being destroyed and hoarded faster than RIGs can replenish them. When I crafted the one I have now, I bought two Syringes for a little over 300k a piece (one because I had wanted one for a while anyway and one for the formula). Wedding Doves and Ribbons is called for in making Dove Capelet and in other formulas as well, and that item is only being destroyed and has no way of seeing more enter the system because it is no longer sold and has not been since it was removed from the Cash Shop about three years ago. The price of that item is steadily rising in price as its supply becomes scarcer. The same can be said for the Gentleman items called for in a few formulas and the special bundle items no longer available to purchase from Gaia directly.

Sure, someone can craft Caches and make a good chunk of gold for later on, but when that chunk of gold is gone faster than the user with it can blink in order to get past level four in Alchemy, mostly from purchasing CS items from other users and whatever other items that cannot be obtained from a crafted Alchemy RIG, that user no longer has the drive to work Alchemy and instead steers clear of it unless they are willing to continue to craft Caches and Cases just to obtain a dream item on their wishlist.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff