Pirates or Ninjas?

Pirates! 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 3 ]
Ninjas! 0.4 40.0% [ 18 ]
Vampires! 0.2 20.0% [ 9 ]
Unicorns!! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 681 682 683 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Welcome! This thread is for people of Vietnamese heritage to communicate with one another.
Xin anh cứ tự nhiên như ở nhà, or make yourself at home!

User Image

Announcements
September 20th, 2008: Thread created and opened.
September 21st, 2008: I made headers! 100 200 posts!
September 23rd, 2008: 300 posts!
September 25th, 2008: Poll started. 400 posts!
October 3rd, 2008: Farah Stormeye's contest started!
October 6th, 2008: 600 posts!
October 13th, 2008: 50 pages!
October 20th, 2008: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
October 23rd, 2008: New Halloween layout. Halloween event!
October 31st, 2008: Event end. Happy Halloween!
November 5th, 2008: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
November 12th, 2008: 100 pages!
November 18th, 2008: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
December 6th, 2008: Secret Santa sign ups!
Poll ended:
User Image
New poll up!
December 10th, 2008: New headers!
December 24th, 2008: Secret Santa over; Happy Holidays!
January 1st, 2009: New year! (:
January 12th, 2009: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
February 6th 2009: 300 pages!
March 5th, 2009: I've reached Vietnam! I'll be over here for about a month; please take good care of the thread for me while I'm gone. 3nodding
Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
User Image
May 13th, 2009: 400 pages!
August 13th, 2009: 500 pages!
August 26th, 2009: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
September 19th, 2009: Poll ended. Results:
User Image

Accepting no more entries for the Vietektek Contest. Here are your entries:
1. User Image
-Based on a traditional Vietnamese girl.
2. User Image
-Based on the Moon Festival
3. User Image
-Paris by Night Singer 360, based on Trish Thuy Trang's "Lucky."

Please vote for your favorite one!
September 26th, 2009:
Winners announced!
User Image
Tektek contest:
1st place- Three-Sixty Degrees
2nd place- Choral Soprano
3rd place- Silver Revolution

Writing contest:
1st place- Silver Revolution
2nd place- le917000

Thanks to all the participants!
February 10th, 2010: Poll ended! Results:
User Image
New poll up!
April 3rd, 2010: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
July 4th, 2010: 600 pages!
October 24th, 2010: Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up! New headers!
January 1st, 2012: Happy New Years! Poll ended. Results:
User Image
New poll up!
User Image

1. Treat everyone with respect.
2. Different ethnicities are welcome to come and chat!
3. Follow Gaia's TOS and guidelines.
4. No advertising.
5. Conversations in the thread are not limited to Vietnamese culture.
6. Have fun!
User Image

Any Vietnamese music you would recommend? Post the artist here in the thread!

-A-
Andy Quách

-B-
Bang Kieu

-C-
Cam Ly
Cardin Nguyen
Cat Tien

-D-
Dan Truong
Duy Mahn

-E-
Elvis Phuong

-H-
Ho Ngoc Ha

-L-
Luong Bang Quang

-M-
Minh Tri
Minh Tuyet

-N-
Nathan Nguyen
Nhu Loan

-Q-
Quang Vinh
Quang Dũng

-R-
Rainie Thao Vy

-T-
Thanh Bui
Trish Thuy Trang

-V-
Viet Thi
User Image

69th Vietnamese person on the list gets 6.9k! (6900g) rofl Won by lidool-pwincess

I'll roll a dice on page 50. Whoever is that number post gets 5k! Won by Three-Sixty Degrees

*Note: All of the prizes are coming out of my own pocket. If you don't like it, you can supply the prizes. Thanks.

Thread Anniversary Celebration!

It's been one year since the Vietnamese Hangout first opened, so to celebrate, I'll be giving out gold and items!

Easy Gold:

Last person to post by 11:59pm PST on September 20th will receive 5k!
Won by Silver Revolution!

Tektek Contest:

Prizes:
1st place: 10k + Certification of Adoption
2nd place: 5k + Piggy Plush
3rd place: 1k + Angelic Mood Bubble

Writing Contest:

Prizes:
1st place: 10k + your choice of either a Thank You Letter For March 2008 or a Thank You Letter For December 2007.
2nd place: 5k + whatever 1st place didn't choose
3rd place (if there is a 3rd entry): A full 8 set of Jack's Grab Bag 2k7

First person on page 600 gets a Champagne Bottle! Won by Tim Buns V2

Everyone who posted before me on page 601 gets a Champagne Glass! Won by iChangedNames, Ridiculous Randomness, phuongan, Dollar Note, Mistress Blair Waldorf, TranxChocobo, Tapioca Drink, Harokaia321, X-tiny, PEWPEWROAR, nanott

First person to post on page 700 wins Turtle Dove Slippers! *you must have posted at least 10 times on the thread in order to qualify
First person to post on page 800 wins Bani the Bunny! *you must have posted at least 10 times on the thread in order to qualify
First person to post on page 1000 wins an Enchanted Book! *you must have posted at least 10 times on the thread in order to qualify

Big shoutout to Ridiculous Randomness for donating the Turtle Dove Slippers, Bani the Bunny, and the Enchanted Book!
User Image

Hi there. I'm Jenna, it's very nice to meet you.

Currently, I'm fifteen years old. I am in 10th grade, and overall, enjoy my life outside of the monitor. I am actually 5/8 Chinese and 3/8 Vietnamese; I speak either Vietnamese nor Chinese, sadly. I guess I'm a disappointment to some people, but I don't mind. I like eating (especially sweets), sleeping, and I love times where I don't have any homework.

I joined Gaia in early 2005 because of a friend. I grew bored of the site, but then joined again in 2006. For years I was addicted to this site, and I would spend hours posting on different forums. Now I barely go online Gaia, because of school and such, so I'm sorry if my replies are weeks, even months late. I try to check up on the hangout!

Any questions? Just ask in the thread!
User Image

Soprano Mochi Kitty
iShariTy
nanott
Silver Revolution
Three-Sixty Degrees
Ridiculous Randomness
Simple Saneness
le917000

User Image

lazybookworm - For asking if she could be on the Wall of Shame without saying please.
User Image

Say something awesome or funny? It goes here!

Miss Awesomeness
lazybookworm
lazybookworm
Miss Awesomeness
lazybookworm
Haha.
You need 69. Then we could laugh about it at school, or something.

HAHA.
GETIT? 69.

Question;
Can I be on the Wall of Shame? o__e

Hahahha. That should be a contest! sure, i guess. haha.

69th Vietnamese person gets 6900g! biggrin
Haha. Yes!

Yeah! Contest!
POST 69.
LOL WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

This should go on the amazing quotes. biggrin

NvrSt0p
What the Pho?

nanott
Silver Revolution
nanott
Silver Revolution
nanott

Okay. At times, you can be very confounding.

Yeah, I admit, I am quite weird.

biggrin

Your sinister smile scares me. gonk

It wasn't a sinister smile scream

le917000
One time I decided to not to swear anymore directly, but subsitute words for them. I used names of writers and things for some so it ended up like this:
The F-Word = Cornelia Funke
The D-Word = Emily Dickinson
The A-Word = Aspirin
I used a lot more, but I forgot most of them since I used those three the most. But it ended up being a bad thing since once I screamed to a guy that was bothering me: "You are a Cornelia Funke Aspirin! Go home and Cornelia Funke your mother's Emily Dickinson!" He just stared at me. sweatdrop Yeah...awkward moment...

Silver Revolution
Oh lol. The joy of forcing you to read terribad literature. Enjoy this TL;Dr writing piece.

___

A Happy Anniversary to this thread by Silver Revolution

It was a beautiful day at the sunset and I was literally waiting to get home, logged into my computer and then went on to gaiaonline.com for this day to come. I was in my days of my youth in Gaia; I was completely nearly reforming from my illiteracy when I used what these teens had used as jargon which is called “l33t speak”.

So I guess I was wandering around the forums and this not quite yet that I posted in the AMC forums regularly. The reason I only went to Gaia was because that I always had lurked around the Top-Table Gaming sub forum, and looking for skills that I need to attain for my obsession with this children’s card games that I had needed at this point of time.

As a result however, I was completely bored of the sub forum, and then this is what I have left to conform to the AMC. But that is not point. What I needed was a reliever when forums get much more tedious and tiring. And yet here I am, wandering into new forums at this time I had adapted to be in relationship with the AMC, so I tried the Gaia International forums.

Why would I end up into this International forum? I was actually wondering if people from the same race (or shall I define as culture to avoid racism) as me were actually on Gaia. So far, I have seen all the other cultural people here but not one share the cultural ethnicity as me, which is quite unfortunate until…

I saw this girl’s post on Life Issues, asking if she were to have a crush on some guy. Granted, I usually look at people’s profiles, which I frequently do, and at the time I had just scrolled my eyes down to this word that would be the most important word for the entire day, “hi, I am Vietnamese”. It seems interesting, so I hesitated for a bit and wander off into the International forum.

So this huge “VIETNAMESE HANGOUT THREAD” was like surprising to me, which was actually spreading to the point that I had to come onto this thread and talk, and wonders that I had actually saw the girl again (oh and no, I do not love the girl just to reassure you). And then it started.

At first I was like this. People speaking completely into Vietnamese, and if that would happen, I would have to leave. Well, not really, if only they do speak English and Vietnamese at the same time, it actually would not bother me. Oh the language barrier pretty much impacts on depending whether I should stay or not.

I was extremely shy, knowing that whether that one post could result in being indirectly flamed, I just posted a reply and just, lurked for a bit. As time progresses I would post again. Then again, and again, and again, it was really addicting to post there. Then I realized that I was actually regularly attending there and with the power of the “Subscribe” button, I would know who would have recently posted on the thread.

What seems very interesting to me however is that I actually found that these people who are bonded to the thread like glue is that to me that most of them actually prefer to use English rather than typing Vietnamese. The fact that you do not need to speak or write fluently in Vietnamese but you actually have the blood you are in, gives you the sensation that you can be still be proud of your own culture no matter who you are. It does not matter if you cannot communicate your own language properly to the society, it only takes to communicate yourself to others that you could represent your own culture.

It was like going to a mini-camp. Each day we would share about the jokes that we have encountered in life, or the misery of the death of someone special (which did not actually happen yet) or the complete hatred that a troll had came by that recently agitated us. In the end, we all clapped our hands together and lit the bonfire as if nothing had ever happened.

The thread seems to be like a minute pearl waiting for it to grow big and rich. It had a few people up and there, just like going into a café and discussing about the magnificent culture they have been. I only came in when I was into halfway after the thread’s anniversary as it seems to be already rich with people already. It was only at the 150th page when I was first there, and I was just impressed with this thread’s glory when it grew to the 500th page when the thread anniversary’s had came.

More new people came and pass by, yet only a few remain on this thread. But the numbers of people regularly post on this thread are growing which the thread is consistently improving. With the news events that are bizarre or with that they are surprising, we would laugh and laugh and laugh which we would effectively increasing the popularity of this thread for the others from all around the world, how amazing we are.

The thread was full of nice people, an opinion that you might share freely around with, and there are sometimes friendly discussions about how Gaia Online is serious business and that we cannot live without it (or can). It was a lively experience to talk with them, since we can create new conversations about the lives surrounding us.

The thread has some ups and downs, when people share their hatred of Vietnam, when people mock Vietnam, when people think Japanese people are the superior Asian race, we have stood up to them, gave them a finger and they all ran away. We have the absolute power to shun them away, like if I was to flick an ant with a finger. We are ruthless but adorable beings and it shall stay this way.

So shall I conclude. To celebrate my experiences with this thread, to celebrate other people’s experiences with this thread, to celebrate the thread’s own experience with other people (wut), this is to celebrate this recent anniversary of this successful Vietnamese Hangout Thread. Congratulations, and have a Happy Anniversary “The Vietnamese Hangout” and all the people who usually post/lurk in the thread. Have a happy anniversary.

le917000
An Anniversary of a Long-Lasting Vietnamese thread

Barton Town- On September 20th, the bold hands on Jenna’s silver watch collided together pointing directly on the number 12. A smile began forming on her face as she looked up and tilted her head back and proclaimed, “Happy Anniversary!” for it was September 21th, the day when her thread at Barton Town had begun only a year ago.
This thread was a hangout for Vietnamese people like her. It was also a hangout for those who want to interact with those whose parents or grandparents were natives. It’s a place to talk about issues, gossip about the best songs, and give each other advice. Jenna (Miss Awesomeness; the owner of the thread) has posted polls for special occasions along with contests if she had the gold or if anyone donated. For the anniversary, she had posted a writing and tektek contest for all Gaians on the thread along with surfers who just ‘swim’ by the grand thread.
People like Long (Silver Revolution), Erik (Three-Sixty Degrees), Michelle (Ridiculous Randomness), and Jennifer (Choral Soprano) often hangout and post on this thread. The majority of people who post here are regulars. Le (le917000; also a member of this thread) had interviewed a few of the Gaians who spend their time here.
Jana posted she was not particularly comfortable about being in a place with so many of those her culture, but added this anniversary was an achievement to her. Michelle answered humorously that she was going to “try to do CPR on it” if the thread somehow died. Long said to the question of being on a thread with people of his culture, “Well, they are people, so, I think it seems like a good idea since, there are some people like me who can't write Vietnamese properly or yet speak it properly.” He also respond to the question of this thread ever dying by saying, “This thread won’t die until Gaia dies.” Jennifer (being the second person after lazybookworm to post) scripted she thought it was awesome being on a thread with people of her culture and when asked what she would do or did for the anniversary, she stated with a big grin, “I participated in the tektek contest.” And when asked of the feelings if this Vietnamese hangout ever died, all the responses summed up to one emotion: sadness.
With their devotion to this thread, it was not surprise if this thread lasted longer than any other national Vietnamese thread on Gaia. The people who post on it keep it alive; even if it’s only a few citizens of Gaia. This hangout for these Vietnamese Gaians has been growing day-by-day page-by-page. Issues, music, and many other topics are discussed here. It’s a thread with a group of open-minded, constructive people no matter what the stereotypical people pin them as; a tiny yet strong community of yellow people that will last as long as they stick together.

~ Le Nguyen

Oh My Riceballs
Miss Awesomeness
Oh My Riceballs
Miss Awesomeness
Oh My Riceballs

LOLOL. But they can squish up like a worm.
A squiggly worm.
Oh yeah, I hate when it shrinks. I wanted the full size, not this tiny thing! rofl

TINIER THE BETTER!
It's hard to take a small bite from those big ones. O.O
The tiny ones never last long, before you know it, they're gone! And take bigger bites. eek

LOLOL! They do!
Guhh this talk about bacon is making me hungry.
User Image

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/vietnamesehangout][IMG]http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr63/Colorlessly/banner2.png[/IMG][/url]

PM Miss Awesomeness to become an affiliate.

User Image

User Image
User Image

Tell me if you're Viet, and your name goes here! You must post in the thread saying you're Viet, or I have no idea. You should PM me. I can't keep up nowadays. xd
There are currently 257 Vietnamese people on Gaia. I'm proud of how well this thread has progressed. 3nodding

-A-
Adamantoise
Adora-fy heart
ainokokoro
Ando-Pando
animeprincess411
AnimeSakurachan
Anjelica Jyie
Aoi_eternity09
Aoi_Natsukoi
asdlk
azncutie67
azncutie1789
aznxlunatikxgirlxD

-B-
baabyxcindyx3
BabyGirl1995BlueSky
Bboy_Minh
bebexshortyy
Biggie NP T
blackcat2707
bluefire_x0x0
bubbzyBOOM

-C-
candiieyes
candilicious Babe
Caramel Cappuccino
CeleSeleNa
CherryBlossom5000
chocoberrymint
Choral Soprano
Chuktta
christinecutie96
Con Chim
C r e s c e n d o s
Crossfire Angel

-D-
Daiki Suoh
DaisukiHiroDaisuki
DattebayouKitsune!
Dinky Munchkin
Dire Pocket Ninja
Dirty Electro
Divine_theif
Dolly the Holly
Dreamy_Hunter

-E-
EbilChocoBun
Eina-chan

-F-
Fainted Pikachu
fanytastic
FCUK1SHH
Flucs
Flying Unicorns

-G-
GDragon729
Grandpa Peanut
GRAY - - s k ii e s

-H-
HamanoKumiko
Heart_Monkey
Hidden Melody Of Despair
holiath
hoshi_xin
Hot_Angel16

-I-
icecoldsnowqueen
iChangedNames
iElectricViet
ii A n g i e
iinn0c3ntd3vill
iiyummi-candi
i like carpet juice
Indubitable
Inoue Chiaki
Invading_Bunny_The_3rd
invinhcible
iOreo_Cookiez
iPepero
iPureBlue
iShariTy
itchy C U P C A K E S
I-Kotori-I
l iSkyy l

-J-
jayj9494
Jayden Fortnite
JoshLe13

-K-
K 3 i K o
katori_3
KatsuragixYako
KawaiiNekoYoukai
KikuriGORE
Kiyoshi Sayomi
k o n v i e t
krystox97
Kukoyimo
Kuroi Tenshi no Uchiha
Kygre

-L-
l00k its him
Laughing Platypus
leana pie
LeBeau Ace
LeBookworm
lidool-pwincess
lilyhuynh
LilyLuv3
LimeIzMyFaveColor
liTTle_bAbY_kUTe
lolita _lyla
Lolita Raptor
LordTommy1234
lucindarh
lucky guy14
Lucky_Lover552

-M-
Madame Hongness
Marayy
MarshmallowXpie
Masaki Tori
M E D I U M R A W R
MinhSoLazy
MinnieXiah
Minzey
Misery Juicebox
Miss Awesomeness
miizz-st3phy
Moon_Child08
MoonFlare307
MukashiMukashi
mzz mari

-N-
nanott
nhinii
ngocvy
N0Ckii3_x3
nicole_viet97
nightraiser
Ninja Nini
Noldolante
NvrSt0p
N3on-Rainbow-Vi3t-Vomit

-O-
Oh My Riceballs
OMG sushii
omg x suger gumdrops
Ookamikitty

-P-
peekaboo_princess
Pengy_Penguin_10
Pisces_88
Pixel pik3
popstar2345
Purple Sweet Potato
pretty_star16
Princess Rhode
Princess Sakura 1st
Princess_Sakura93
ProActive
purplemusicberries_eh

-Q-
QNguyen90
Quyniie

-R-
racinallday
rainbow glowstick freak
random_hime41
reddiex3
Remember.May
R e R e-D e a t h y
RICECAKE SEX THERAPIST
Romance Eve
Roxie_goboom
Rukia chan
run devil devil RUN RUN

-S-
Saiyajin_Pan
ScarffleGirl
Secret Naruto Fan 2
Seichuna
shadowlite_86
Sheriff Zapata
Shmackin
shoyru855
Silver Revolution
Simple Saneness
Sirius Silverstar
Sizerly
Smallvietgurl
Smil34ever
Snow Wolf Leo
sour sprinkle
spiicykimchii
starr4567
starz4eva123
StrawberriiTeddyBear
S u n n y D i n o s
superDUPERmonica
Sweet icegirl12

-T-
Takiko_Yu
that kid julie
Thats Not Funny GUYZ
ThatsSoAmy
The Flying Potato of Doom
TheRiceCookiez
The Titza
thewildandthenerdy
thexfreak
Three-Sixty Degrees
tinanguyen69
Tinh Yeu La The Nao
TitanMonkey
TM51791
Toki_Doki666
tokyopop_anime96
TOXiC_KiSSx3
ToXic-RainBow-Trufflez
TROi Oi iTs T a H H
Twilight Viet_X

-U-

-V-
Viet1
viet_girl246
vietgrlinlub
VienLai382
Viet_Dollz
Vietxneji64
Viryu
VynessLovesPho

-W-
what-the-cookie
Whip the Cream
windsummoner

-X-
x____G u m m ii B e a r s
x_Demon_kaya_x
Xemo_elmo_likes_cupcakesX
xlilvietprincess
Xlyo
xSouljahDOLL
xX_azn__demon_Xx
xX_bRoWnIe_xX_57
Xx_viet_bunni_xX
xXBishounenKanataXx
xXLoveMehBisshhxX
xxlovexxyou
xx Pandemoniium
xXSnowFallingXx
x3Rawr_BubbleTea
XxViet_angel_97xX
Xx_Viet_Legendz_xX
xXVi3t_Sh0rtyXx
xXxBabyxFroggyxXx
xXx_VietChiQz_xXx
x3babielinhx3
x-iAzn_Boo
x - - no utopia

-Y-
Yeet
Yeuni
Yiga
Yin Yang Dragon Girl
yinyangmatrix
Yumiki Nakio
yummiinmytummi

-Z-
ZeusBolt135

-Symbols-
-SilverRose2190-
__CHINKNAMMERR
[Kitade]
[-Popped-Cherry-]

-Numbers-
1LitreofTears_Sakura
101Takuto
13superjunior13
13ig_13ang
2_Smexy_4_You_Love
3Moon Princess1
4znPanda_x3
97_devil
User Image

This is for those (mainly me) who forget names easily. Enter your real first name here if you post in this thread regularly!

Andrew: TROi Oi iTs T a H H
Erik (Viet: Phi Long) - Three-Sixty Degrees
Jana (pronounced: Yarnah) - nanott
Jenna - Miss Awesomeness
Jennifer - Choral Soprano
Long - Silver Revolution
Michelle - 1LitreofTears_Sakura
Michelle - k o n v i e t
Michelle - xX_azn__demon_Xx
Mindy - lily asakura18
Nhi - LeBookworm
Nini - x____G u m m ii B e a r s