Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dear GI,

I'm studying abroad in Germany this August for a year, by Rotary International.
Any advice? Resources? I just found out last night that I was accepted. I've been studying German for five years in school, but I still have a lot of language preparing -- any recommendations with that?
I get home from my exchange in August. (USA=>Paraguay)

Check out http://www.cultures-shocked.org/Joomla/forum/index.php

It's an amazing site. I don't know all that much about RYE or Germany, but people there do.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Are you staying with a host family? You should read up on the culture and manners, as in family manners and such. At least that is one of the major issue of doing a home stay in Japan.

Bah I want to go to Germany, but I think only the Japanese students at my school get to do the study abroad crap. gonk (I'm going to a University in Japan if that didn't make sense...)
So I would send you a few tips. But I would like first of you know what you are studying ON MAIN.
Then can I give you in the selection of the University to help them. Indeed, in certain areas, but not all universities in Germany have a very good reputation.
Oh yes: In Germany it's different than in the U.S. or as usual, rather than a shared apartment in a student dormitory to live.
I wish I were you..... xd

I always wanted to study or even reside in Germany my fav country..

u'r so damn lucky I envy u 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces