Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Trickster

Any other canucks out there? where you from? What language do you speak?

I'm from southern Ontario, close enough to Toronto to get all the city people wanting to live in "the country". I mainly speak english 'cause I dropped french to take art >_< being bilingual would have been nice

Dertey's Bae

Miss Exorcist
Any other canucks out there? where you from? What language do you speak?

Albertan here emotion_yatta
How do you doo

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ooh knowing two languages is nice. I'm north albertan as of four months ago. I also know Spanish. I'm hoping to teach it but I don't really have the education so it will be probably on the side.

Princess Sarcelle's Honey Bun

Wrathful Kitten

Miss Exorcist

gaia_star
BC is mah home <3
So i'm pretty much as close to an actual Canuck as someone can get lol
i only speak english cause i dropped french for spanish xD
so i know a bit of spanish, but not nearly enough to warrant "speaking" it
i'm currently learning dutch though ^_^

Gracious Shade

Albertain here too!
Man, there are already three of us in this thread... I'm bilingual, both French and English, but I do know bits and pieces of spanish cause the sentence structure is really similar to French, it's just the vocabulary that kills. I kinda want to take Russian in my last year of university though as an elective!

Blessed Codger

I...am not Canadian at all. biggrin But I'd like to be, eventually (fell in love with it while studying French and visiting, etc.). I have kind of a far-fetched dream to move there.

So is French really only a big deal in the Quebec/Montreal area now? Or are all of you just THAT REBELLIOUS? XD

Bunny

Viviane_neechan
I...am not Canadian at all. biggrin But I'd like to be, eventually (fell in love with it while studying French and visiting, etc.). I have kind of a far-fetched dream to move there.

So is French really only a big deal in the Quebec/Montreal area now? Or are all of you just THAT REBELLIOUS? XD

i live in ottawa and it's essential for you to be bilingual to have job with government/public works ect
it's also like that in western new brunswick
although i used to live in nova scotia and french wasn't necessary, it depends on how close you are to quebec
it's funny that you mention montreal, i spend a lot of time there and it's probably the one place in quebec where you can get away without french 4laugh

Blessed Codger

macplus
Viviane_neechan

i live in ottawa and it's essential for you to be bilingual to have job with government/public works ect
although i used to live in nova scotia and french wasn't necessary, it depends on how close you are to quebec
it's funny that you mention montreal, i spend a lot of time there and it's probably the one place in quebec where you can get away without french 4laugh

Ahh, gotcha. I really need to learn more about Canada in general, it's just so gosh-darned BIG. >_O

In any case, yes. xd The last time I went, we stayed in Montreal for a few days, then moved onto Quebec city. We all noted a BIG difference in how much English people could speak between the two. whee Oh, Canada...

Newbie Noob

4,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Member 100
Vancouver biggrin

I speak English because I barely passed French in grade 8. AHAHAHA
I'm from coastal BC. I speak both national language, though English is my native language so I'm a lot better at it. I'm hoping to live all over the country if I can. I'm applying for jobs in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland for January.

Bunny

Viviane_neechan
macplus
Viviane_neechan

Ahh, gotcha. I really need to learn more about Canada in general, it's just so gosh-darned BIG. >_O

In any case, yes. xd The last time I went, we stayed in Montreal for a few days, then moved onto Quebec city. We all noted a BIG difference in how much English people could speak between the two. whee Oh, Canada...

aah yeah quebec city is really nice but i noticed the more deep into quebec you get the less english people are willing to use xd but its huge and each province is so different

Mega Cutie-Pie

Near Toronto, still taking French.
I'm amongst the ranks of those living in Alberta. Took French in high school, but it's not something I've ever really had to use so I'm a wee bit rusty with it. My grasp on toddler-preschooler gibberish is still a work in progress as well.
....... I'm from New Brunswick...... Only Maritimer on her right now.... sad Hows it going all?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff