• Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Nathair77
Is everyone down there okay?

I hope they are. v.v
Chicken-soup-is-my-soul
Earthquake. Just saying.

Hmm, I had no radio or tele or anything. Didn't hear about it till this arvo.
Seems like they're completely separate quakes from the September/ February ones. Just going on the size.
Mag. 6 was 'cause the biggest aftershock to be expected should have only been 5.something.
Well, that's what I learned in geo like 3 years back...Maybe the rules changed.

Hope people are all ok.
Don't go being too stupid
Nathair77

I'm okay. My apartment complex got evacuated for like 5 hours. Pain in the a**. Power was out for while in Ilam.

Uni is closed. High school is closed. Uni exams are meant to be on, man, we don't know what's gunna happen now. They have to recheck every building for safety all over again from the beginning. We had only just gotten a bunch of buildings back from the February one.

Shameless Lunatic

--FRuSTRaTeD eXPReSSioN--
Nathair77

I'm okay. My apartment complex got evacuated for like 5 hours. Pain in the a**. Power was out for while in Ilam.

Uni is closed. High school is closed. Uni exams are meant to be on, man, we don't know what's gunna happen now. They have to recheck every building for safety all over again from the beginning. We had only just gotten a bunch of buildings back from the February one.

First one I was skyping with my parents overseas, lol. We were having a discussion about 'the power of nature'. Go figure.

Second one had me diving for my desk...first one ever! That was a long one too...

Really buggered that school's out though...I don't need any more time off uni! My friends were evacuated too...you must be in the same complex. Lol. Our place didn't lose power in Ilam though, which was rather nice.

Been shakin' all day since...grates on the nerves a little.

Ruthless Elocutionist

My aunt down in Christchurch has gotten in touch with the rest of the family up here in Auckland.
She was at the doctors in the CBD getting blood work done at the time the mag 5.5 hit... She said that someone was brought in with broken ribs and that the fish tank in the surgery was near emptied of its water thanks to the quake.
Everyone's telling her that she should stick herself and her cats on a plane and head up here to Auckland until things settle down in Christchurch, only she doesn't want to leave.
I can see her point, it's her home, but we all just want her to be safe.

I'm glad to hear that you're okay though Frustrated.
LightsOfDecember
My aunt down in Christchurch has gotten in touch with the rest of the family up here in Auckland.
She was at the doctors in the CBD getting blood work done at the time the mag 5.5 hit... She said that someone was brought in with broken ribs and that the fish tank in the surgery was near emptied of its water thanks to the quake.
Everyone's telling her that she should stick herself and her cats on a plane and head up here to Auckland until things settle down in Christchurch, only she doesn't want to leave.
I can see her point, it's her home, but we all just want her to be safe.

I'm glad to hear that you're okay though Frustrated.

I still don't want to leave either. I like it in Chch when there's not earthquake s**t.
Hopes and thoughts go to all in their time of need...
Again.
I was driving when the 6 hit. Holy moly! I'm just glad to be home, where we've got power, water, food etc.

Invisible Hoarder

they upgraded it, i heard, to the one as big as feb's. sheeyit.
Hard to believe that there was another earthquake down in Christchurch.
It would be terrible if there was another one.
dark_fire0

According to the poll, apparently it's not that hard to believe. Heh.
--FRuSTRaTeD eXPReSSioN--
dark_fire0

According to the poll, apparently it's not that hard to believe. Heh.

I re-voted in the poll like a week ago. It's a bit ironic.
And so I heard that pretty much all of the aftershocks have been around 4-5? Hope you all are coping alright. I don't think I'd be able to stand that. I'd probably freak out every time.
The liquefaction looks a whole lot worse this time. Well, the news makes it look worse...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff