Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

o:

o: 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]

Hello, Korean speakers. I am half Korean and I attended Korean school for a while.

I have a question that has been plaguing me since I was 10 (I am 22 now). I hoped that you could answer it once and for all.

In Korean, what does the word "moon" mean? Not the english word "moon", nor the word that means the english word for "moon" in Korean, but the Korean word pronounced and spelled in roman letters as "moon".
Oh, wow, I actually found it. It means "educated". Thanks anyway, guys o:

3,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
문 (moon) doesn't mean educated.
That is if you really mean 문.

That word is door.
Little Adipose

That word is door.
Moon as a name.

3,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Cohcho the Empress
Little Adipose

That word is door.
Moon as a name.

That is tricky. The reason is (I will get the terms wrong) sino-korean? or native-korean? I am really not sure. But the reason it will be tricky is because you need the character that corresponds with it. I am sure you know very well that Koreans use to incorporate a lot more Chinese characters into their writing system. Now, for the most part, it is obsolete. However if you want moon the family name just look it up in a Chinese character dictionary. However..sorry for the howevers, you might get a better definition or a closer one moon if you look it up in a Japanese because they are the ones who forced their readings/characters/and also the changing of name onto the Koreans.

Anyway the closest reading I found was 文 which is like education, but closer to Writing, Sentence. It has a similar reading to the Japanese word "Bun". I don't know Chinese, so I can't help you there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff