Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm looking over some activities in my textbook to review for the final, could some people make sure that these sentences are correct?
If you don't want to look over all of them that's understandable lol, but if you happen to catch any mistakes, lemme know please.

(I'm getting these from the Genki II textbook)

1.子供の時に何ができましたか。何ができませんでしたか。
子供の時にピアノが弾けました。歌えませんでした。

2.百円で何が買えますだ。
百円でマクドナルドでハンバーガーを買えます。

3.どこに行ってみたいですか。どうしてですか。
専門は日本語だから、日本に行ってみたいです。

4.子供の時、何がしてみたかったですか。
子供の時、家を買ってみたかったです。

5.今、何がしてみたいですか。
今、UCLAに入ってみたいです。

6.一日に何時間くらい勉強しますか。
一日に三時間ぐらい勉強します。

7.一週間に何回レストランに行きますか。
一週間に一回レストランに行きます。

8.一か月にいくら使いますか。
一か月に二百ドルを使います。 (I'm not sure I understood the question, I read it as: In one month how much money do you spend?)

よく食べる物はスープです。
よく行く所は大学です。
よく聞く音楽は*NSYNCです。(Yeah, that's right. I'm not afraid to admit it whee )
よく見るテレビ番組はCSIです。

Thanks so much for even looking at this topic ^^ If, while I'm reviewing, I come up with more questions, I'll post them here.
Looks alright to me.

Quote:
よく食べる物はスープです。

食べ物 is okay here. It's already a noun, unless the adjectival verb+noun pair is what you were practicing, in which case, just forget I said that.
Nytyngayl
Looks alright to me.

Quote:
よく食べる物はスープです。

食べ物 is okay here. It's already a noun, unless the adjectival verb+noun pair is what you were practicing, in which case, just forget I said that.

That chapter was on noun qualifiers, so that was intentional wink Plus, it was in the question (I know I didn't type it, it was more of a chart than listed questions ><; )
Kamirose
Nytyngayl
Looks alright to me.

Quote:
よく食べる物はスープです。

That chapter was on noun qualifiers, so that was intentional wink Plus, it was in the question (I know I didn't type it, it was more of a chart than listed questions ><; )

Nah, it's fine. Like I said, just ignore it if that's what it was. I saw and went "Hey wait..." then looked at the other three sentences and went "....oh. >>"

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Hey, I use the Genki textbook in my Japanese class! biggrin Though we're using the 1st edition.

What's the first lesson that the Genki II textbook teaches you?
1LitreofTears_Sakura
Hey, I use the Genki textbook in my Japanese class! biggrin Though we're using the 1st edition.

What's the first lesson that the Genki II textbook teaches you?

The potential form biggrin (can ____, can't ____, etc)
Nytyngayl
Kamirose
Nytyngayl
Looks alright to me.

Quote:
よく食べる物はスープです。

Nah, it's fine. Like I said, just ignore it if that's what it was. I saw and went "Hey wait..." then looked at the other three sentences and went "....oh. >>"

Replacing taberumono with tabemono would change the reading of the sentence so that it sounded more like a fragment anyways.

If that's the way your book has the questions formatted, your answers sound pretty textbook style.
kenta reason
Nytyngayl
Kamirose
Nytyngayl
Looks alright to me.

Quote:
よく食べる物はスープです。

Replacing taberumono with tabemono would change the reading of the sentence so that it sounded more like a fragment anyways.

If that's the way your book has the questions formatted, your answers sound pretty textbook style.

I realize that you don't usually speak that way, but that's how my professor prefers it on the exams XD

And 'taberumono' means 'things I eat' and 'tabemono' is just 'food,' right?
Kamirose
kenta reason
Nytyngayl
Kamirose
Nytyngayl
Looks alright to me.

Quote:
よく食べる物はスープです。

I realize that you don't usually speak that way, but that's how my professor prefers it on the exams XD

And 'taberumono' means 'things I eat' and 'tabemono' is just 'food,' right?

I figured that was the intention, I went through the same thing when I learned Spanish.

And yeah, basically that's the difference.
I have some more sentences.

うそをつくし、約束を守らないし、田中さんが好きじゃありません。

このケーキはあまそうです。

一日に歯を三回磨きます。

お金がほしいです。セーターがほしくありません。

あの女の人はテニスが上手かもしれません。
今、寒くないかもしれません。

友達にチョコレートをあげます。
おじいさんがラジオをくれました。
兄に時計をもらいました。

京都で映画を見ようか。
プールで泳ごうか。