Wealthy Hunter

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
in japan the most famous food is ramen.

there are hundreds of ways to make ramen
although it is extremely delicious, ramen must be eaten
quickly before the noodles absorb the ingrdients from the soup and it loses it taste

oh well that's all i know about japan for now
Huh. I would've said sushi is the most famous food in Japan. :s
Ramen is NOT the most famous food in Japan. It's actually sushi that's the most famous. Sushi has been famous in Japan since the earliest centuries. It wasn't until anime like Inuyasha and Naruto that ramen was popularized. Back in the 90s, NOBODY knew what the hell ramen was at all. Everyone just thought it was noodles.

And ramen was originally originated from China, not Japan.

Wealthy Hunter

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
eek oh........u must be japanese.

oh well thanks for the correction.

i always thought that it was ramen thanks for telling me that it was sushi.
No, I'm Vietnamese.

I just know it's sushi because ever since I was little, everytime Japan is mention, I think sushi.

Wealthy Hunter

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
eek scream WHAT!!!!!!!!!! all this time it was just instinct.
Yeash sushi is, But here in the us, They have horrible tasteing instant ramen, yuck
放手 放開所有 彼此更自由 放手 其實我絕非愛得不夠☆✭

People don't have to be Japanese to know what the famous foods are... I'm from Hong Kong, sushi is rather popular there too.

The instant noodles were, I believe, first vastly popular as an "instant food" in Japan. Not sure if they are all called "ramen"... 拉麵? Instant noodles, especially the brand 出前一丁 is extremely popular in Hong Kong.

✭☆放手 豁出所有 還有這個好友 已經 已經足夠
Neil Dylandy
Yeash sushi is, But here in the us, They have horrible tasteing instant ramen, yuck

Come to California.

We have a lot of authentic Japanese restaurants that have ramen in their menu. My Japanese teacher LOVES this place called Koi Sushi. However, it doesn't have ramen or any of the Japanese noodles on their menu.
Maiko Lin
Ramen is NOT the most famous food in Japan. It's actually sushi that's the most famous. Sushi has been famous in Japan since the earliest centuries. It wasn't until anime like Inuyasha and Naruto that ramen was popularized. Back in the 90s, NOBODY knew what the hell ramen was at all. Everyone just thought it was noodles.

And ramen was originally originated from China, not Japan.

If you also consider spaghetti to come from China.
Ramen's development was influenced by China, but it is about as similar to lao mian as soba.
Maiko Lin
Neil Dylandy

Come to California.

We have a lot of authentic Japanese restaurants that have ramen in their menu. My Japanese teacher LOVES this place called Koi Sushi. However, it doesn't have ramen or any of the Japanese noodles on their menu.

In Hawaii, we probably do too. Considering how many Japanese && Okinawans came here during the Plantation days.

x.x
I think ramen and sushi are the most popular Japanese foods in America.
In Japan they have other popular foods like Oden, Soba, Udon, Tempura, etc.
I'm going to say the most popular food in Japan is rice, because it is eaten with everything.

Enduring Seeker

Neil Dylandy

I agree! confused
Ramen is the number one food in Japan and not cooked at home. People go out to eat it they even have a section on Ramen in the magazines. talk2hand

Sushi is expensive it may have been around for awhile but its not number one! American Ramen is very different from my Ramen because we dont put it in the microwave!
Chiharu Yamamoto
Ramen is the number one food in Japan and not cooked at home. People go out to eat it they even have a section on Ramen in the magazines. talk2hand

Sushi is expensive it may have been around for awhile but its not number one! American Ramen is very different from my Ramen because we dont put it in the microwave!

My grandmother doesn't like microwaves, so we don't have one where I love.

Mm. I know this kid who's father owned Toshi's Ramen in Eugene, Oregon, oh goodness. Their ramen was so good. I like soba and yakisoba better though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff