Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Rosh Hashanah everyone!
So what will you be doing to celebrate?

I'll be lazing around mostly because there's no Hebrew class today. 3nodding

The Jewish New Year
Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year, the symbolic anniversary of the creation of the world. The words Rosh Hashanah literally mean "Head of the Year." In addition to being the anniversary of the past creation of the world, Jewish tradition sees everyone as being created anew at this time every year. Rosh Hashanah occurs on the first and second days of the Hebrew month of Tishrei (which usually falls sometime in September or October).

The Day of Judgment
Rosh Hashanah is the Day of Judgment. On Rosh Hashanah, God opens the Books of Life and Death. Jews ask to be forgiven for their sins in the hope that God will give them a good signing in the Book of Life for the coming year.
Im not jewish, but for some odd reason we all got the day off here in Florida. Im pretty sure its the same throughout the other states.
So im just here, waiting for a friend to give me a ride somewhere cause its boring.
Might go to the library around 3, have a big test tomorrow. :O
HAPPY NEW JEWISH YEAR! Yaaaay~! xD

Will there be fireworks? xD

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yes all the states are off today too, and it's also my birthday today, so I"m going to be a bit preocuppied with birthday stuff and going to dinner. hehe. Happpy Rosh Hashanah!!!! rofl

2,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Yup, happy 5769 biggrin
We didn't get off school crying , but its excused if you miss for a religious holiday whee
I thought Yom Kippur was the day of judgement!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff