Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Everyone!!!

I am about to graduate from school, and as a gift, my parents are sending me to Japan.. I also have a friend coming!

They will not be paying for everything, because I do NOT want them too!

I was curious, how much should I bring with me? I was thinking at least $10,000 all together.. no, I wouldn't spend it all... But It's just to be safe!

Also, where should I visit? I have quite a few places on my list, but I will be there for three weeks!

I am so nervous, and excited! I am going in April, so its 6 months away, just about!

BumbleDino's Wife

Romantic Lover

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Oh nice! biggrin
I'm going to Japan the end of this year. My graduation gift was delayed to this year.
Luckily my brother is over there, so I can crash for free accommodation. razz
It depends on how long you are staying for, where you are staying at really and how much shopping you'll do. My friends are bringing like 2-5k when they go and they are only going for a week. You'll mostly be spending money of food.
I plan on going to the Pokémon Centre (gotta catch 'em all), Studio Ghibli Museum Japan, Tokyo Disneyland, Osaka, Kyoto, hotspring with dem awesome monkey (my ultimate dream).
I'm really excited to go too ! Hope time flies by and soon I'll be in Japan before I know it.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i was in tokyo for 3 weeks recently
i spent maybe about $3000-3500 (not including hotel, flights etc)
but i just stayed in tokyo and did a bunch of stuff there (and i generally just ate fast food and stuff from convenience stores)
i guess bring more money if you're planning to travel around different places and eat properly

last week i was in hiroshima and fukuoka for 4 days and i spent $400-500 (also not including accommodation, also not eating properly)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff