Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ornate Star

O.o

Anyone knows the heriarchy of Oiran? I know the Taiyuu were the highest class of courtesans... and their attendats were called Kamuro.... but I don't know the full heriarchy, can't find it in www.immortalgeisha.com and don't really know where to look for it, as google come sup with rubish and wikipedia has nothing...

Thank you for your attentio, information and time! ^^

o.O

Ornate Star

meh... I knew it was gonna be a difficutl question to answer, there's almost no inforamtion on Oiran... but there should be soemone out there who can help out! crying
http://www.whatever.net.au/~amaya/geisha/history.htm

What about there? ><

Quote:
There were several ranks of Shimabara ladies: the highest were the Tayu, followed by the Koshi and Sancha and at the top of the social hierarchy were the Hashi. The Tayu were said to be extremely extravagant and would often hold impromptu fashion parades by flaunting their sumptous clothing in front of the other courtesans, and in doing so specify a natural hierarchy in the pleasure quarter.

Tayu = Oiran

Ornate Star

An Unknown Kunoichi
http://www.whatever.net.au/~amaya/geisha/history.htm

What about there? ><

Quote:
There were several ranks of Shimabara ladies: the highest were the Tayu, followed by the Koshi and Sancha and at the top of the social hierarchy were the Hashi. The Tayu were said to be extremely extravagant and would often hold impromptu fashion parades by flaunting their sumptous clothing in front of the other courtesans, and in doing so specify a natural hierarchy in the pleasure quarter.

Tayu = Oiran

Well, Oiran is just courtesan....

Oh thanks! ^^ I'll have to read that link ^^
Hehe~ No problem. ^-^ Hopefully it helped... I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing. >.<

Ornate Star

Well.. I had a little doubt on the Hashi part... because I ahd read soemwhere it was the lowest rank... but thena gain, I'm not sure it's right @o@ I have to seek soemone at IG who can help out too @o@

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff