No 0.15765765765766 15.8% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 222 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

Before You Use, Please Note: This takes a lot of work to make. Please do NOT copy it and paste it as your own. If you would like to link to this topic for someone in need of how to do something listed here, feel free to do that.
=================================================================================
.::MENU ::.

Introduction
Adding a Youtube Video to Your Profile
Adding a Youtube Playlist to Your Profile
Making the Youtube Video/Playlist Autoplay
Hiding the Video/Playlist
Only displaying the Pause/Play button
Only displaying the Pause/Play and the Volume buttons
Coloring the Youtube Video/Playlist buttons
Feedback
=================================================================================

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Introduction ::.

New to Gaia or Codes? Need help with Youtube videos? This is the place to be! Here, you can find nice tutorials by Kittyskie to assist you in having a cool, customized Youtube video on your profile.
I hope you enjoy!
If you ever have questions, please let me know!

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Adding a Youtube Video to Your Profile ::.

Difficulty Level: ★★ out of ★★★★★

Step 1. Choose the URL address of the video you want on your profile. (for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw )

Step 2. Remove the "watch?" and the equals sign but not the v and add the slash in front of the v it in the url. (example of fixed URL: http://www.youtube.com/v/fzzjgBAaWZw ). Copy the fixed version. Please know that there is a handy little tool for this here.

Step 3. Go onto your Gaia Online profile, and click "Edit My Profile" at the top of your Gaia screen. Add a media box for your video. Now click the "Edit" on the top right corner of your new Media box. Enter the fixed link of your video in the URL field and press "Update."

Now you have a Youtube video on your profile! If you would like to customize it, please go up to the Menu and look at the other tutorials.

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Adding a Youtube Playlist to Your Profile ::.

Difficulty: ★★★★ out of ★★★★★
note: you must have a Youtube account for this, unless you want to use someone else's playlist

Step 1. Create a New Playlist for your profile (unless you already have one made; if so, skip to Step 2). You can do this by going to your favorite music videos, clicking the drop-down list that says "Save To...", selecting "Create a New Playlist...", and giving it a title. Go to the next video you want to add, click the drop-down menu, and add it to the playlist you just made. Keep on adding all the videos you want! Please know you can't shuffle the videos on your profile.

Step 2. Now you have completed a nice playlist. Now, moving onto how you can get the link in your Media box. This is the longest step, but it's worth reading! At the top of the Youtube screen, look for your username and the down arrow beside it. Click that, and go to "My Videos." On the left, there are a list of things such as "Uploaded Videos," "Favorites," etc.,... Go to "Playlists." Here, you will see all the playlists you have created. Click the one you want to embed on your profile. You'll see a list of songs on your playlist. Above that (if you don't already have it opened), is a down arrow and "Edit Playlist Info." Click that. You'll see all the basic information that you can edit for your playlist, but we're focussing on the embedding. Copy the EMBED link. Repeat: EMBED link!! (example: &object width="480" height="385"&<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/D52272C67A337749&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="[removed]" value="always"></param>&embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/D52272C67A337749&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" [removed]="always" allowfullscreen="true"&&/embed&&/object& )
Paste the embed link to your playlist into your address bar, or Notepad, or wherever you can edit it and see the whole thing. Inside the embed link there are two URL addresses that are very important! Look at the one above, for example. See them? They are exactly the same. Copy either one of them. Now, your clipboard should have something like this in it ( http://www.youtube.com/p/D52272C67A337749&hl=en_US&fs=1 ) That is the link to my playlist. Make sure you have yours! You can exit Youtube now.

Step 3. Go onto your Gaia Online profile, and click "Edit My Profile" at the top of your Gaia screen. Add a media box for your video playlist . Now click the "Edit" on the top right corner of your new Media box. Add the link to your playlist in the URL field.

Congratulations! You've just learned how to embed a Youtube Playlist into your profile.
If you wanted to embed someone else's playlist, you can do that as well, as long as you know how to do all that up there. You can customize this new Playlist by looking up at the Menu and choosing an option there.

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Making the Youtube Video/Playlist Autoplay ::.

Difficulty: ★ out of ★★★★★

Step 1. You have a link for a Youtube Video (ex. http://www.youtube.com/v/fzzjgBAaWZw ) or a Youtube Playlist (ex. http://www.youtube.com/p/D52272C67A337749&hl=en_US&fs=1 ) on your profile. If you don't, or don't know how to, please read some of the tutorials above.

Step 2. At the end of the link, add
&autoplay=1

Now the Video/Playlist will play automatically when someone visits it!

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Hiding the Video/Playlist ::.

Difficulty: ★★.5 out of ★★★★★

Step 1. Go to "Edit My Profile" at the top of your Profile screen.

Step 2. In the blue menu box, click "Theme."

Step 3. Select the CSS tab. If you have a profile code, scroll down the the bottom. If you don't have a profile code, then you're already in a good spot.

Step 4. If you don't have a profile code, ignore the next sentence. After the profile code, hit enter twice and on the last line you have made...
enter this code:
.media_player {display:none}

You have successfully hidden your video/playlist from sight! Sadly, this makes ALL of your Media codes hidden as well.

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Only displaying the Pause/Play button ::.

Step 3. Select the CSS tab. If you have a profile code, scroll down the the bottom. If you don't have a profile code, then you're already in a good spot.

Step 4. If you don't have a profile code, ignore the next sentence. After the profile code, hit enter twice and on the last line you have made...
enter this code:
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height:25px; width:30px;}

You have successfully made the Play/Pause button only display on your Video/Playlist! Sadly, this makes ALL of your Media codes 25 x 25px as well.

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Only displaying the Pause/Play and the Volume Buttons ::.

enter this code:
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height:25px; width:60px;}

You have successfully made the Play/Pause and Volume buttons only display on your Video/Playlist! Sadly, this makes ALL of your Media codes 25 x 60px as well.

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Coloring the Youtube Video/Playlist buttons ::.

Difficulty: ★★★ out of ★★★★★

Step 1. You should currently have a Youtube Video (ex. http://www.youtube.com/v/fzzjgBAaWZw ) or a Youtube Playlist (ex. http://www.youtube.com/p/D52272C67A337749&hl=en_US&fs=1 ) on your profile. If you don't or don't know how to get this far, please go to the Menu and choose a tutorial.

Step 2. The following codes should be added at the end of your Video or Playlist link. It even works if you have the "&autoplay=1" already there!
FOR BLACK:
&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999

FOR DARK BLUE:
&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6

FOR LIGHT BLUE:
&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6

FOR GREEN:
&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00

FOR YELLOW:
&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01

FOR PINK:
&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f

FOR PURPLE:
&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca

FOR RED:
&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b

I hope you enjoy your colored Video/Playlist buttons!

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.:: Feedback ::.

Please give this thread a thumbs up if you found it helpful! If you didn't use it, don't do anything. If you didn't like it, rate it down and let me know why.
Don't forget to vote in the poll, as well.

If you thought this was cool, then link to it to share with your friends, so they can know all about embedding Youtube videos, too!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.62050403/

Thank you!

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Got questions, concerns, comments, or problems?
Feel free to ask! I hope you enjoyed this guide!
Kitty I have to say.. YOU'RE A GENIUS! Now I won't have to worry about having a Youtube video taking up half of my page Lol 3nodding Thank-you so much.

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Omg French Toast
Kitty I have to say.. YOU'RE A GENIUS! Now I won't have to worry about having a Youtube video taking up half of my page Lol 3nodding Thank-you so much.

Awh, thanks, Darky! 4laugh I did some research for it, though - So it's not completely my stuff, there. But the people I got it from claimed it was their own stuff either. xD

4,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x__M i y u k i - C h i
SAVE

What?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash