Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Stracair
Diamond Cache
Stracair
Is Lunaire's Polearm a tribute item? If it is I don't know the reference.

That's a good question. I've never seen that item before. o_o Do you know where it comes from? I'm guessing Daily Chance?

Yes, that's another rare Daily Chance item.
Thank you! I'll try and figure out if it's a reference.

Hygienic Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gaian 50
There's the Blood Knight Helmet, which is a tribute to the artist Frank Frazetta. It was released on the week of his death in May 2010. It refers to his "Death Dealer" series of paintings. Pretty sure it's available in Daily Chance and Dumpster Dive.

The Announcement Page

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Stracair
There's the Blood Knight Helmet, which is a tribute to the artist Frank Frazetta. It was released on the week of his death in May 2010. It refers to his "Death Dealer" series of paintings. Pretty sure it's available in Daily Chance and Dumpster Dive.

The Announcement Page
Thank you! I added the it to the list.

Hygienic Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gaian 50
Sorry if this seems like I'm spamming, but does the Noble Nuptial Tea count? It was an item grant for the Royal Wedding. [NPC] Rina gave it out in the "Royal Wedding" Hot Topic thread Have some tea for the Royal Wedding

Oh, and there was also the Jubilant Diamond Crown given out during the Queen's Jubilee. You had to post "Long live the Queen" in the forums.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ooo! I didn't know about the Moon Man :<
Great thread.

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Stracair
Sorry if this seems like I'm spamming, but does the Noble Nuptial Tea count? It was an item grant for the Royal Wedding. [NPC] Rina gave it out in the "Royal Wedding" Hot Topic thread Have some tea for the Royal Wedding

Oh, and there was also the Jubilant Diamond Crown given out during the Queen's Jubilee. You had to post "Long live the Queen" in the forums.
No, you're definitely not spamming. This is helping a ton (:
I'll add those two to this list~

Hygienic Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gaian 50
I think Leap Year Frog and Gregory the Leap Frog were given away several days around leap days -- you know, February 29th. I'm fairly certain Gregory was from this year, and you just had to hit a button in the Hot Topic section. Not sure what year Leap Year Frog was available and what you had to do to get it.

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Stracair
I think Leap Year Frog and Gregory the Leap Frog were given away several days around leap days -- you know, February 29th. I'm fairly certain Gregory was from this year, and you just had to hit a button in the Hot Topic section. Not sure what year Leap Year Frog was available and what you had to do to get it.
I completely forgot about them, I'll add them, thanks! I sort of remember for Leap Year Frog, there was a link or something.

Combative Fairy

18,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Risky Angels was not just granted during an art contest. It was also randomly granted by Diedrich in the GCD. I obtained one simply by chatting in a thread that he had been gifting people in. At the time, it seemed to have something to do with wearing only underwear (at least that was the best theory at the time and the only connecting evidence).

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
An Ultimate Arse Head
Risky Angels was not just granted during an art contest. It was also randomly granted by Diedrich in the GCD. I obtained one simply by chatting in a thread that he had been gifting people in. At the time, it seemed to have something to do with wearing only underwear (at least that was the best theory at the time and the only connecting evidence).
Thanks for the info! Updated~

Combative Fairy

18,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Diamond Cache
An Ultimate Arse Head

Hah! Found the link for the original thread --> Thread
It was originally posted in the GCD. Stayed in there for the duration of that gifting event then was moved to chatterbox.
And the requirement was wearing panties and stockings, not just underwear. My bad.

The follow up to that was the art request thread. =3

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
An Ultimate Arse Head
Diamond Cache
An Ultimate Arse Head

Hah! Found the link for the original thread --& Thread
It was originally posted in the GCD. Stayed in there for the duration of that gifting event then was moved to chatterbox.
And the requirement was wearing panties and stockings, not just underwear. My bad.

The follow up to that was the art request thread. =3
Sweeeeet, nice find! I'll add it!

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Two new items came with Talk Like a Pirate Day! King of the Pirates and Pirate Prattle.

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Updated the list with a new item, the Halfling.

Hygienic Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gaian 50
Sorry to nitpick, but The Halfling is to commemorate Bilbo and Frodo Baggins' birthdays, which both fall on September 22. It's better known as Hobbit Day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff