Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor Counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 96 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
1 2 >

Interesting Nerd

How to Create a Successful Quest Thread

Please bear with me, I am still working on some of the posts in this thread.

Hello, I'm Miss Esa, a fellow quester/donator and the founder of The Cute and Cuddly Charity. Over the years I have found out a few little tips and tricks that help with questing and creating a quest thread.

As you probably know, there are A LOT of quest threads out there, and about 90% of them are just the thread the owners bumping by themselves. This is completely normal, but by putting a fair amount of time into creating your thread can be so beneficial later on down the line. This is a guide that I have created to help you on your journey.

Interesting Nerd

Starting Your Thread

First things first, when creating your quest thread start in the Test Forum. (The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people to construct threads and to test post formats in peace, away from the bustle of the main forums.) This way you have a chance to reserve posts before people post in it. I would also suggest that you reserve the entire first page of the thread. (Even if you don't use all the posts right away you might want them for later) After you reserve the posts and finish your thread you can PM an online mod and they will move the thread to the Charity/Quests Subforum for you.

Interesting Nerd

Make Your Thread Stand Out From The Rest

Thread Title:

A catchy title will help you on your quest. Try using something that will draw people in from the front page of the Charities/Donations Forum.
A boring title will usually go unnoticed, as will an ambiguous title where you can't tell if it's a charity, a quest, or just something completely random.
"Another OMG Hat Quest"
"Just Another Halo Quest"
(''')( ',' )(''')
I'll be honest, most people will likely pass threads like that up. (I know I have) So I can't stress this part enough: Make your title stand out!

Thread Organization:
Having specific posts for information is a fantastic idea when creating a quest thread. No matter how pretty your thread looks, no one will donate if it's a mess. Take your time and plan out what you want to include in your quest thread. Your quest should include a post of information on the quest itself and a place to thank bumpers and donators.

Choose a theme - colors, font size, etc - and stick to it.

Interesting Nerd

Banners and Graphics

Banners can be a great way to get people to visit your thread. A quest thread banner placed in your signature can be very helpful. You can either make your own, or find someone in the Personalized Graphics subforum to create one for you.

You don't need tons of fancy graphics/headers to make a successful quest thread, but a few nicely placed graphics can really help make your thread awesome and stand out. Sites like CoolText.com, GlitterTextGraphics.com, FlamingText.com, and TextSpace.net are some good sites to start with. Try to use colors and text that go with the theme/colors you chose when making your thread.

Remember to upload all banners and graphics to a reliable photo hosting site like Photobucket.

Interesting Nerd

Thread Advertisement

Interesting Nerd

A Few Tips

✩ If someone bumps your thread, thank them, but don't ask them to donate.

✩ Always be polite.

✩ Bump other Gaian's quest threads, or wish them luck - but don't advertise your quest in the post. If you have a link in your signature they will see it. (Advertising in the post is rude, and against the rules)

✩ Visit charities - Just make sure to read the entire first page before posting, and follow their rules. Introduce yourself and chat with the users in the thread.

Interesting Nerd

Things To Avoid

✩ Avoid the word need. Saying that you need virtual money or pixels doesn't come off well with a lot of donators, so it's probably best to avoid the word and not take the chance.

✩ When someone 'Bumps" your thread or wishes you luck don't beg them for gold.

✩ Avoid PMing Gaians in regards to donations. Most users don't like receiving PMs that say "Will you donate to me?"

Interesting Nerd

Interesting Nerd

Helpful Links

Interesting Nerd

Interesting Nerd

Interesting Nerd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers