Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Cutesmasher

This topic is for all those newbies that signed up after April 1st and Oct 31st 2004 and happened to miss both events. stare

Now while I haven't been asked about the soot face, I have been asked, repeatedly, by users, how I became zombie, how can they become zombie, why am I still zombie, etc. And I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick and tired of these paparazzi, coming to my inbox, and asking me the same questions over and over and over... Now, I know they don't do/mean any harm by asking but when you're asked the same questions, 2 - 10 times a month, you tend to get hostile. It's because of this reason, I am making this thread. Hopefully this will answer all of your questions so this dead tired corpse, can Rest In Peace.

In this thread, I will cover everything you need to know about zombiness and the soot faces. (If those exist anymore... I don't know. I haven't seen any of those for a while.) These questions will happen in order of the events and yes, I will update it for this halloween! (If anything happens this time.)

-------------------------------

Updates: September 20th 2005: Apparently the "rumor" was originally stated by the head d**k himself, Lanzer at the anime con they went to... I for one am not happy and I'm not expecting any of this to happen anytime soon.
July 10th 2005: According to my sources, the staff is considering the return of the soot face and the zombie look. But if they do this, I'm going to kill Lanzer at the next expo he goes to. Why? For if they're going to bring back such things, they'd better bring back NM minis and all of the other limiteds that are over 10 million in gold. stressed
June 27th 2005: Added Soot Face Pic.
June 26th 2005: Thread was created

Soot Face:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thanks Icy_Brave for the pic

When/Where?: April 1st 2004 - All over the Gaian Forums
With what?/How?: (Need pic of the Blue Gift Box.) Before the Blue Gift Box (or Blue Box) became an actual rare item, it was used as an April Fools Day Gag on Gaia. Users would get this blue box, open it like they would get something, and then it would "explode" leaving a shocked, soot face behind.
Does it expire?: Yes and no. You can't get it anymore but if you did, it would remain until you change your avatar.
OMG! A BLUE GIFT BOX! Can I get it now?: Didn't you pay attention to the questions above? You can't get it anymore. The Blue Box is now a random event like the Trunk, Pink (Gift) Box and Pink Link. Unlike it's pink cousin, this box is completely random with it's prizes. With this box you can receive, 1000G, any of the items found in Trunks, Pink Boxes or 1 of the only 2 prizes found ALONE in the Blue Gift Box.
Will this event ever return?: Nope. Never again. The staff as this "issue" about repeating items/events. Seeing as both Gambino and the Von Helson (brats) died April 1st 2005, it doesn't look like this event will return next year.

Zombies:
User Image

When/Where?: October 31st - During Gambino's Birthday Bash/Monster Mash at Gambino's Mansion
With what/How?: A bite from the Zombified Lab Tech Team/other already infected Zombies. How? First a zombie(s) must post in a thread before biting. After that, all they have to do is click on the avatar they want infected and they had to do it a number of times before the infection would take it's deadly effect on your body. In order to cure/fight off the disease, one would have to drink a/many Vials of Unknown Liquid. I for one, didn't want to be cured.
Bought the Vials, now can I be infected?: gonk No! The Vials were for curing the disease. They became useless after the event was over. Now, they're just house decorations.
Will this event ever return?: Nope. Never again. The staff as this "issue" about repeating items/events. Seeing as both Gambino and the Von Helson (brats) died April 1st 2005, it doesn't look like this event will return this year but the theory/rumor going about states that we'll be turned in to Vampires this year... But then again, it is a rumor. sweatdrop

-------------------------------

And this concludes my explanation. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and again, if something happens this halloween, I'll post how it works here as well.
I know how you feel! gonk
Actually, I've heard that they might make more storyline events so that the others can get the zombie again. That information is a bit flawed. Users of Gaia have issues with rerelrease. Not so much the Staff. Event items like the G pin have been rereleased for story purposes. That got users pissed until Jakobo explained.

Desirable Cutesmasher

Shazu
Actually, I've heard that they might make more storyline events so that the others can get the zombie again. That information is a bit flawed. Users of Gaia have issues with rerelrease. Not so much the Staff. Event items like the G pin have been rereleased for story purposes. That got users pissed until Jakobo explained.

Well it's the fear of the users wrath that make the staff weary. I would like the NM minis and Halo's to come back down to 5 mill and STAY there. No item should be allowed to become "priceless" like that.

Desirable Cutesmasher

Blister

In your situation, I would change... sweatdrop At least my avie is good enough to live with.. No offense... sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop
NoirRaven
Well it's the fear of the users wrath that make the staff weary. I would like the NM minis and Halo's to come back down to 5 mill and STAY there. No item should be allowed to become "priceless" like that.
I know what you mean. However, at least donation items are at least rereleased in small amounts at conventions. It doesn't hurt the price, sadly, but at least it keeps circulation.

I can live with my avatar since I like how the colouration of the Jacked up '04 shirt is glitched and faded. I'm ready for next Halloween, so I have no need to change clothes. domokun xd
I really don't know if the newbies would read this. You should link it when questions are asked about the "Soot Face" topic. It comes in handy in the Q&F!
NoirRaven
Blister

In your situation, I would change... sweatdrop At least my avie is good enough to live with.. No offense... sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop
Zombies are awesome even if your naked.

Desirable Cutesmasher

Selphine
NoirRaven
Blister

Zombies are awesome even if your naked.

This is true but I was one who wanted to be in costume and wanted to put some thought behind my costume. Sorry if I offend. stare
Actually I like her's better then yours. ): Yer's is kinda' corny.

Also, if you payed attentin you'd know that, that is her mule. She really doesn't have to live with anything.

Frozen Sex Symbol

UPDATE: Here is information from the admins at the Anime Expo.

The admins say that the soot face will return and Zombies will also return. They're thinking about using a zombie-vial for that.
I think the zombie faces are cool.

Desirable Cutesmasher

TeAzE
Actually I like her's better then yours. ): Yer's is kinda' corny.

Also, if you payed attentin you'd know that, that is her mule. She really doesn't have to live with anything.

This coming from a guy who has a doodle for a signature and wears Nitemare Minis with an Angelic Scarf? And if you payed attention, you'd see that this is my main so my part of the conversation is valid. I had to choose something I could live with and would fit my style. That I could not live with. I went as a witch and left as a zombie. Strange combination but oh well, stuck with it now.

Also, if she didn't have to live with it... why did she comment, "I know how you feel" Hmmm? Now this is the last I want to her about this subject. If it continues, I'll request that a mod delete this thread and I'll make a new one. If it continues there, I'm reporting you guys for harrassment. This part of my topic should've died LONG ago.

Deism
UPDATE: Here is information from the admins at the Anime Expo.

The admins say that the soot face will return and Zombies will also return. They're thinking about using a zombie-vial for that.

If they're going to ruin the rarity of the zombies look, then they better bring back all the rares from 2003 and make them more available for everyone. The prices of the Halo, Rose, Bowtie, NM/Angelic Minis and the others are WAY too high. stressed
This thread should be stickied. Just the other day I was going to make one of my own. Yay for us zombies who have worn these clothes for the last 8 1/2 months to keep this look... If the zombies return, i'll be outraged. We deserve the rarity we have.
What I find funny is when people PM me with some urgency claiming that they can give me one of their green vials to cure me, as if they're some great savior that is doing me an incredible favor. If I wanted to be a human again, I'd just change my avatar, or if worst comes to worst, BUY ONE IN THE VEND FOR 300 G. People don't seem to understand that those of us who are left WANT to be zombies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff