Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor count!

+1 1 100.0% [ 767 ]
Total Votes:[ 767 ]
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

User Image

Intro
This is a guide for the various Promotions and Quests on Gaia where you can earn free items by doing a simple task. Each entry has a link to the Promotion's original Announcement, as well as a link to the Prize's description/preview on Gaia's Marketplace.

This is *NOT* a begging / "I'm questing for an item" thread. Please take that type of "Questing" to the Charity and Quest Subforum. 3nodding

This is also *NOT* a thread covering ZOMG Quests. Please refer to a guide in the ZOMG! Forum for assistance with that.

exclaim Help Wanted exclaim
Anyone want to make a banner for this guide? Post in the thread.

If anything is incorrect, or a Quest becomes deactivated, please let me know by posting in the thread.

The Rules
In addition to the Gaia TOS, Site Rules and Forum Rules...
1. Please don't quote the entire first post or any other entire post just to say 'hi'.
2. No page stretching.
3. If you quote my guide, please link to my guide and give it credit.
4. This is not a place to suggest new Quests, to comment on current Quests, or report glitches.

If you disregard any of these rules, I reserve the right to delete spam posts and report posts if necessary.

FAQs About Quests and Promotions
Q: What is a Quest/Promotion?
A: It is when a Sponsor works along with Gaia to promote a product, and Gaians can do an activity related to the product to earn items.

Q: Where can I find new Quests/Promotions?
A: They appear in Announcements whenever there is a new one.

Q: Why won't the Quest grant my item?
A: The first thing to do is retrace your steps: Did you follow all the directions correctly and fully? Did you speak to the correct NPC at the correct location? If nothing else works, try restarting the Quest from the beginning.

Q: I got interrupted in the middle of a Quest and now I can't get back into it. What do I do?
A: You can go to My Gaia -> Quests -> Active and choose Site Quests from the drop-down menu, then click the Go Button. Then, click on the Go To NPC link to go back to where you left off.

Q: I have Active Quests that I can not complete due to the Quest being disabled. How do I delete a deactivated Quest?
A: There is no way to get rid of it, that I know of. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Q: Why isn't Towns, Cinemas, or [other special environments/worlds] loading?
A: If it's the first day of a Quest/Promotion, everyone is trying to use the same feature at the same time. Usually, if you just wait it out, the feature will load.

Q: What do the different Quest/Promotion-related Errors mean?
A: 1. One kind of Error will tell you that the Quest has been deactivated. That means nobody can do the Quest anymore.
2. Another kind of Error will tell you that you've already earned the max number of items allowed. That means you've done the Quest as many times as is allowed - 3 times is usually the limit, but if a Promotion is re-Announced, sometimes it will allow you to do more.

Q: Why don't the Quests/Promotions stay available longer/forever?
A: Often, the Promotions come out right before a certain date (the date of a movie premiere, for example), so to Promote the item long after the movie has been released would be kind of silly. (I'm sure there are also contracts/legal reasons behind this, too.)

Q: I think the item(s) given out aren't very good/I have a suggestion on what kind of items I'd like to see on the next promotion. What can I do?
A: The sponsors have a big say in what the item is for a particular promotion. You can always submit item suggestions (for future items, or for feedback on existing items) in the Site Feedback forum.

Newest Quests and Promotions
*NOTE*: When a Quest is new (less than 24 hours old), often Cinemas, Towns [or whatever special feature is involved in a Quest] will have server issues. If you cannot connect to a feature, wait until the Quest has been out for a day or two and try again when the servers are not so full.
Year1
Promotion: Year One movie
Date: 3 June 2009
Announcement: Here
Task: Go the movie's profile and watch the trailer to get a prize!
Prize: Year One Soldiers Sword

Sims3
Promotion: Sims 3 game
Date: 28 May 2009
Announcement: n/a
Task: Look for green Plumbobs (diamonds) around the site. Click on them to 'collect' them. After collecting 3 plumbobs you get a prize. After getting 10 plumbobs you get gold.
Prize: The Sims 3 Plumbob
Past Quests/Promotions that are still active
MTV
Promotion: MTV Movie Awards 2009
Date: 27 May 2009
Announcement: MTV Awards Profile
Task: Click on "Take the Quiz" button. If you get all the answers right, you win a prize! (Answers: four, pommel, slaughter)
Prize: Twilight Sparkling Skin

Venus
Promotion: Venus Embrace razors
Date: 13 May 2009
Task: Watch the video and earn an item!
Prize: Venus Embrace Shoes

MTV
Promotion: MTV Movie Awards
Date: 01 April 2009
Task: 1. Click the "visit thread" link in the announcement. In the thread, click the link to join the MTV Entourage to earn an item! 2. Click on the link to the profile, then click the yellow button to vote, and vote for something to earn an item!
Prize: 1. Entourage Shades 2. MTV Popcorn Man

Skittles
Promotion: Skittles Crazy Cores
Date: 13 April 2009
Task: Go to World > Sponsored Worlds > Skittles World.
a. You can spin the wheel for various prizes, once per day.
b. You can go to the right and do the maze game for a chance at one of three exclusive items!
Prizes: a. Skittles Crazy Core Necklace- melon berry, gold, and various commons.

b. 1. Skittles Crazy Core Glasses 2. Skittles Crazy Core Contacts 3. Easter Scarf

Dynasty
Promotion: Dynasty Warriors game
Date: 7 April 2009
Task: Watch the trailer to earn a prize.
Prize: Dynasty Warrior Lions Head Mask

New
Promotion: Gaia New User Quest
Task: A banner with NPC Moira will appear on the front page for new accounts, prompting you to click to learn how to use the site. Follow the steps to earn a prize.
Prize: 2000 gold.

Henry Hatsworth
Promotion: Henry Hatsworth game
Date: 17 March 2009
Task: Watch the game trailer to get your prize.
Prize: Gold

Sonic
Promotion: Sonic and the Black Knight game
Date: 17 Feb 2009
Task: Watch the game trailer, then talk to NPC Sonic to get your item.
Prize: Sonic Black Knight Buddy

Coraline
Promotion: Coraline movie
Date: 20 Jan 2009
Task: Visit the movie's profile, watch the trailer, then talk to NPC Coraline to get your item.
Prize: Coraline Antique Gold Key

Fired Up
Promotion: Fired Up movie
Date: 13 Jan 2009
Task: Visit the movie's profile, watch the trailer, then talk to NPC Fired Up Cheerleader to get your item.
Prize: 300g

Monster Lab
Promotion: Monster Lab
Date: 19 Nov 2008
Task: View the game trailer then talk to the NPC to get your item.
Prize: Monster Lab Coat

PopStar
Promotion: PopStar Guitar game.
Date: 4 Nov 2008
Task: View the game trailer then talk to the NPC to get your item.
Prize: PopStar Guitar

Madagascar 2
Promotion: Madagascar 2 movie
Date: 16 October 2008
Task: View the Madagascar trailer, then talk to the NPC to get your item.
Prize: Madagascar Hippo Mask

Verizon Wireless
Promotion:Verizon Wireless
Date: 15 Sept 2008
Task: Go to Cinemas and click on the Verizon Wireless channel. Go into one of the Verizon cinemas and talk to the Verizon NPCs to get your prize. (You don't even need to finish watching the cinema!)
Prize: Verizon Group

MTV The Hills
Promotion: MTV The Hills
Date: 26 Nov 2007
Task: Watch an episode of the Hills in Cinemas through Virtual Hollywood and earn a free item!
Prize: Emerald Beaded Halter Dress
Deactivated Quests and Promotions
Promotion: 21 movie Prize: 21 Shades
Promotion: Airhead book Prizes: 1. Airhead Book 2. Digital SLR Camera
Promotion: The Alchemyst book Prizes: 1. Alchemyst Book 2. Alchemyst Book Signed
Promotion: MTV American Mall movie Prize: American Mall Guitar
Promotion: Bebo.com Prizes: 1. GO Player 2. GO Phones 3. GO Phone 4. GO Helmet
Promotion: Bee Movie Prizes: 1. Bee Movie Helmet 2. Bee Movie Suit 3. Bee Movie Gun
Promotion: Blue Dragon Prize: Blue Dragon Tail
Promotion: Cary Brothers Prizes: 1. Carys Guitar 2. Cary Brothers Shirt 3. Cary Brothers CD
Promotion: Dragon Quest video game Prize: Slime
Promotion: Fired Up Prizes: 1. Fired Up Foam Hand 2. Fired Up Orange Jersey 3. Fired Up Cheerleader Outfit
Promotion: The Golden Compass Prize: Golden Compass
Promotion: Gracie Movie Prizes: 1. Gracies Soccer Ball 2. Gracies Soccer Ball kick
Promotion: Halo Wars Prize: Halo Wars Helmet
Promotion: High School Musical show Prize: HSM Microphone
Promotion: MTV's The Hills Prizes: 1. Mocha Lounge Jacket 2. Mocha Lounge Pants 3. Rhinestone Flip-Flops 4. Celebrity Sunglasses 5. Trendy Dark Skinny Jeans 6. Black and Gold Oversized Bangles 7. Pink Knit Jacket
Promotion: Hotel For Dogs Prizes: 1. Hotel for Dogs Dog Pack 2. Hotel for Dogs White Terrier
Promotion: House Bunny movie Prizes: 1. House Bunny Shoes 2. House Bunny Ears 3. House Bunny Outfit
Promotion: Knight Rider Prize: Knight Rider Full Decal
Promotion: Kung Fu Panda movie Prizes: 1. Kung Fu Panda Shirt 2. Kung Fu Panda Headband 3. Kung Fu Panda Chinese Star 4. Kung Fu Panda Hat 5. Kung Fu Panda Dragon Scroll 6. Kung Fu Panda White Belt 7. Kung Fu Panda Bamboo Staff 8. Kung Fu Panda Blue Belt 9. Kung Fu Panda Black Belt 10. Kung Fu Panda Yellow Belt
Promotion: Lost Odyssey video game Prize: Lost Odyssey Kaims Armor
Promotion: Madagascar 2 Prizes: 1. Madagascar Lions Mane 2. Madagascar Giraffe Mask 3. Madagascar Zebra Mask
Promotion: Magic: the Gathering Prizes: 1. Magic Swamp Orb 2. Magic Island Orb 3. Magic Forest Orb 4. Magic Plains Orb 5. Magic Mountain Orb
Promotion: The Magician book Prize: Red Diamond
Promotion: Mall Cop Prizes: 1. Mall Cop Shirt 2. Mall Cop Segway 3. Mall Cop Mustache
Promotion: Men's Wearhouse Prize: Mens Wearhouse Tuxedo
Promotion: The Last Mimzy Prizes: 1. Mimzy 2. Mimzy Aura
Promotion: Nancy Drew Movie Prizes: 1. Detectives Magnifier 2. Detectives Flashlight 3. Detective Kit 4. Nancy Drew Binoculars
Promotion: Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 game Prizes: 1. Ubi Ramen 2. Ubi Parasol 3. Ubi Fan 4. Ubi Parasol 5. Naruto Kunai
Promotion: Nike SPARQ Training Prize: Nike Sparq Shirt
Promotion:Nordstrom's Prize:Pink Nordstrom Hat
Promotion: Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End Prizes: 1. Jacks Beard 2.Octobeard
Promotion:Scion cars Prize: Prize: Scion Bling Necklace
Promotion: Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 movie Prize: Travelling Pants
Promotion: Chocolate Skittles Prizes: 1. Pot O Skittles 2. Skittles Belt 3. Skittles Beanie 4. Skittles Medallion 5. Skittles Rainbow
Promotion: Skittles Crazy Cores Prizes: 1. Skittles Crazy Core Necklace 2. Skittles Crazy Core Facepaint - mango peach 3. Skittles Crazy Core Facepaint - melon berry
Promotion: Speed Racer video game Prize: Speed Racer Side Decal
Promotion: Spiderwick Chronicles movie Prizes: 1. Seeing Stone 2. Spiderwick Field Guide 3. Spiderwick Sprite
Promotion: Street Fighter IV Prize: Street Fighter IV Megapack
Promotion: Tsubasa Volume 6 Prizes: 1. Mokona Hat 2. Syaorans Cloak 3. Syaorans Goggles 4. Sakuras Cloak 5. Kurogane Mask 6. Fai Coat
Promotion: Verizon Wireless Prizes: 1. Verizon Glasses 2.Verizon Gold Flip Phone
Promotion: WWE Summerslam Prizes: 1. Randy Ortons Steel Chair 2. Sledgehammer 3. John Cenas Cap
Promotion: You Don't Mess With the Zohan movie Prize: Zohan Tshirt

Additional Quests not listed here:
Mysterious Ingredients for Edmund... Prize: Black Orchid Brooch
Funds for the Von Helsons... Prize: Blood Drop Brooch
Liam's Quest... Liams Letter
General Quest Issues: Issues that effect all or multiple quests.
Q: Cannot clear active quest from Quest page/ "quest update" bubble won't go away because Quest was deactivated.
A: Solution: ???

Q: Towns, Cinemas, or another special sponsor world will not load.
A: Solutions:
a. Wait until the site has less traffic / wait a day.
b. Clear your cache & restart your browser.
c. Try a different browser.
d. Check for updates for your browser and Shockwave/Flash.
Helpful Tips
1. To find more Quests, check the Announcements forum and the "Featured" tab in the announcements box on the site homepage.

2. Most Quests are repeatable 3 times (sometimes more).

3. Use "sponsor" in the Marketplace Search box to bring up a list of all sponsor items.
Credits & Thanks
* Cherry Brossom [Information on multiple Quests]
* Dlen [Information on multiple Quests]
* the 10th Mule of Sokta [Information on multiple Quests]
* Kill Hybrid [Information on multiple Quests]
* WaffleLovesStrudel [Information on Tsubasa 5th Quest]
* edward_bunnylife [Information on Alchemyst Quest]

User Image [For recognizing this as a helpful thread!]
Upcoming Quest News & Rumors
Subscribe to the Sponsorship Notices thread to see up-to-date messages from the Developer Team about glitches and issues with the Sponsorship Quests!

--------------------

~ 4/3/09: Narumi Misuhara's Journal about direct-to-Profile sponsorship Announcement changes.
~ 2/19/09: Fleep's Journal about big changes to the sponsors. (Very informative!)
~ Narumi Misuhara's Journal entry about some updates to how items are granted for promotions! (3/10/09)
~ Fleep's Journal entry for April 3, discussing upcoming Quest plans.
Quest System Discussion Threads & Petitions
None to report~! crying

Got one? Post it in the thread, including code for your banner if you have one!
Safety/ Hacking Protection
This is obviously not directly related to Quests/ the Quest System, but with the recent uprise in scams and hackings, I thought I'd try to do my part and put in some safety tips.

1. Make sure your password is not easy to guess. The best passwords aren't real words, but a random combination of numbers and lowercase/caps letters. If you ever feel your password has been compromised or endangered somehow, change it.

2. Never give your password out to anyone. This includes: friends, family, boyfriends/girlfriends, and people claiming to be Gaia Staff. Real Staff does not need your password to investigate your account or do anything with your account.

3. Keep the "You're leaving Gaia" warning message up. Yes it is annoying to click the extra screen, Yes the screen is bright and obnoxious. It's there to protect you from any site that is not Gaia, and will protect you from look-alike sites trying to scam you. (You edit this feature under My Gaia -> Account.)

4. Never enter your password into a site other than www.gaiaonline.com. Always verify that www.gaiaonline.com is in the URL bar and that it doesn't have a .org or /etc attached to it or something.

5. Gaia will not log you out if you click a link! If you click a link and you end up logged out, verify the address before entering your password.

6. Hover over all links/linked images/banners BEFORE clicking into them. Use caution when somebody's banner or link leads to tinyurl, or especially ripway. These domains are often used for scams.

7. Scan your computer frequently, using an updated Antivirus and/or Spyware checker. If possible, keep your Antivirus program always running. Viruses, such as key-loggers, can get your account passwords and hack your account -- and even worse, can steal any personal information you enter online!
Banner & Link Exchange
Interested? Please post in the thread.

(Can be any type of thread, not just Promotion-related.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff