Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adding Music To Your Profile

*Important*: I made a new thread! Go here for the new thread I ran out of space....I needed to fix stuff for the new systems...so I'll be there, ask questions there

*New Music Tutorials Coming Soon*

KapKyle originally made this but since he "retired" from Gaia, I have decided to re make it because a lot of people were having some problems with it. Okay so this is how you add music to your profile. Original tutorial

Example
My profile you go here you will notice that there is music playing, I don't have my multimedia shown and I will show you how to do the same.

Step 1
Download Super Fever

Click Here to download Super Fever

Super Fever will allow you to turn your music file into .swf or a flash.

Step 2

Install Super Fever, I believe you can do this yourself.

Step 3 making your .swf file

Okay first thing you have to tell Super Fever what kind of file you want to change your file to, there should be a drag down menu thing that above it says "Select The Output Container" go here and choose swf (flash)

User Image

Step 4
You need to upload the file so what you want to do is go to where ever you have your file and drag the file into the big white box near the bottom

User Image

Step 5
Once you have done that click "Encode Now"
User Image

and it will make your file into a flash, this file will be located where the original file was
User Image

Step 6 Hosting

Now you need to host your new .swf file there are a couple host I use.

filelodge.com*
fsphost.com
ripway.com
myfilehut.com
streamload.com*
Simpload.com*

Step 7

Add the code [link] the host gives you to your multimedia ^^

* = may not work
Tutorial 2
For any type of computer user

Okay now...this billiant idea was thought up by my lovely friend Chekwa..now..Chekwa is a mac user..and the above way of adding music did not work..so she came up with this idea after baseing her profile from mine and making a music based profile. So I asked her in I could have her premission to add this to my tutorial..and she said yes. This method does not need you to download any program and works with any version of computer!!

Step 1

Upload your mp3 file ((not swf) wink to one of the above hosts

step 2

take this url code thingar

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/button/musicplayer.swf?&song_url=http://yoursongurl&autoplay=true

and where it says "yoursongurl" put in the url the host gave you!

Step 3

add the code to your multimedia and there you go, what you add to your multimeda should look something like:

]http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/button/musicplayer.swf?&song_url=http://wahteverhostyouused&autoplay=true

IMPORTANT: when you use this method without hiding your multimedia a little button will be there..it starts and stops the music. It should look like :

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

just so you know =D

For other flash players visit [Q]'s flash tutorial
F.A.Q

Will you make me one of these

Nope you can do it yourself now

I can't download Super Fever because it's a zipped file and I run Mac, what can I do?
Check the second post for the all computer usser friendly way of getting music in your profile ^^

How do I hide my multimedia section like in your profile?

Go to "my Page" go to theme and add either of these codes...the first one is better

#multimedia { visibility: hidden; height: 0px; }

#multimedia { text-indent: -5000px; position: relative; left: -5000px; }
#comments { position: relative; top: -420px; }

When I play my song it goes twice as fast!

Yes, when you play it on super fever after it's a .swf, you put it in your multimedia it plays right again

After I drop the file in the bar thingy I press the "Encode Now" button and the file is deleted from the bar and it says "DROP A VALID MULTIMEDIA FILE HERE" I've done this with other files... But I dunno what's wrong with these ones..

It always says that after encoding. Nothing is wrong with your file it worked, go to where your original music file was and your .swf will be there.

and then on the myfilehut.com page thing, I click:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Actually as soon as you upload it it goes to this place it gives you the code just with User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.For when you change it to swf (Flash) is it going to say that instead of mp3

In the file name it will still say <songname>mp3 but it will be a flash.

Are you awesome

No

Credit

Credit goes to KapKyle I just fixed a problem concerning the hosting.

Tutsumi For finding out about Super Fever

And to all those people PMing me asking me how to do this.

Gaia staff: for making the profiles

Chekwa: For being awesome and letting me use your way for the second tutorial!!! <3

sourceforge.net - for being awesome and free and allowing people and myself to use your players so I don't have to make templates!
<333333333333333
That took longer then I wanted it to >>
Demonic Life
That took longer then I wanted it to >>
Will you make me one? XD;; *had to say that* *slaps self* I must be sugar high. ._o;;
FireWaterEarth
User Image
You sure you're sugar high xD
Demonic Life
FireWaterEarth
User Image
Or it could be the fact that I have gone crazy, but since I'm chewing gum, I'll choose the latter. ninja User Image
FireWaterEarth
Demonic Life
FireWaterEarth
User Image
Or it could be the fact that I have gone crazy, but since I'm chewing gum, I'll choose the latter. ninja User Image
Sureee...at least I don't have to make songs for your profile now, you can do it >D
Demonic Life
FireWaterEarth
Demonic Life
FireWaterEarth
User Image
Sureee...at least I don't have to make songs for your profile now, you can do it >D
Nevar! D: *burns thread* Nope. No one saw anything. ninja
FireWaterEarth
Demonic Life
FireWaterEarth
Demonic Life
FireWaterEarth
User Image
Nevar! D: *burns thread* Nope. No one saw anything. ninja
K stop that, no more pointless things.
User ImageSoooooo, you think anyone will thank you for this tutorial? ?-?
Don't know, if it helps 1 person it will be worth it.

I just fixed the problems x.x
Well, I'll be the first. Thank you Kelbeh for making a tutorial for people who do not understand this mumbo jumbo. >w<User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff