• Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ranluka
Calypso94
Ranluka
Calypso94
Ranluka

While technically true, The spread isn't even. Being an English site based on the west coast, the biggest user base is in the states.

Yeah thats true, not fair for an european like me xD haha

Actually might give you a bit of an advantage by being on during non-peak hours. You're gunna be up and online before us lazy americans xD

Oh yeah that's true biggrin cool, I wanna have Blight the undead xD i saw at the othet items that it takes forever to get under the 30 seconds. With every new bid the time rises -_-

oh.. it doesn't add time if the timers still over 30secs... actually it never adds 30 secs. Just resets the timer TO 30 secs if its bellow.

Yeah that's what I meant xD always at the last 30 sec it raises <.<

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Eliza Rain
The timer resets really sucks. How it's supposed to end the bid if everyone is reseting the count over, and over? confused

It is nonsense!

Well there is a hidden cut off point. You'll notice it says "This auction will end on ________ at the latest" in the corner. They give a date, but not an exact time to keep us guessing xD
I don't get it? How is anyone to win? Isn't this simply a matter of who has more bid ticket thingys? 40,000 folks clicking away for the same item doesn't seem to make sense...
Calypso94
[Oh yeah that's true biggrin cool, I wanna have Blight the undead xD i saw at the othet items that it takes forever to get under the 30 seconds. With every new bid the time rises -_-
When I click on the Bid blast why are there only four items? This system seems alittle flawed and unfair to anyone who doesn't have 200k spare gold and cash for 100 bid tickets? ~I want Blight! xd

Desirable Tycoon

6,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
vexed-monkey
Calypso94
[Oh yeah that's true biggrin cool, I wanna have Blight the undead xD i saw at the othet items that it takes forever to get under the 30 seconds. With every new bid the time rises -_-
When I click on the Bid blast why are there only four items? This system seems alittle flawed and unfair to anyone who doesn't have 200k spare gold and cash for 100 bid tickets? ~I want Blight! xd

hahahaha xD ikr?? that sucks >.<

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
well remember, even if you WIN the item, you still have to pay for it. While it has a gambling element, it is at its core, an auction. You don't need tons of tickets, you can theoretically win with a single, well timed bid.

1,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I understand everything about bid blast, how the timer ends, which isn't really hidden, Like a 2 hour alchemy auction will go on the reset to 30 thing for (I think) one hour. All I want to know, is if the server is still taking bids right when it hits 00:00. Cuz I just start bidding like crazy at 00:05 and hope I win, which has helped me win 2 bids thus far. But I end up spending ~10 tickets per attempt, which isn't much, but knowing if I should do one click right before it hits 00:00 or right after it hits 00:00... wow this was repetetive.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Mirage Seraph
I understand everything about bid blast, how the timer ends, which isn't really hidden, Like a 2 hour alchemy auction will go on the reset to 30 thing for (I think) one hour. All I want to know, is if the server is still taking bids right when it hits 00:00. Cuz I just start bidding like crazy at 00:05 and hope I win, which has helped me win 2 bids thus far. But I end up spending ~10 tickets per attempt, which isn't much, but knowing if I should do one click right before it hits 00:00 or right after it hits 00:00... wow this was repetetive.

Well the forced end time isn't displayed, but if anyone has sat and timed it, (or is bored enough to do so) I would LOVE this data. (To be useful, I'd need to know the item, the time it started, the original timer length, and what time it actually force stopped. )

Although I probably should take the time to pull up the source code and see if has any clues on the subject. That's a long shot though... unless the devs are bad.

Yeah I don't know what to tell you man. I don't know its exact behavior at 00:00, and even if I did, it'd vary a bit based on latency. If you want to cut down on ticket costs, I'd start at 2-3 secs left.
Ranluka
Mirage Seraph

Well the forced end time isn't displayed, but if anyone has sat and timed it, (or is bored enough to do so) I would LOVE this data. (To be useful, I'd need to know the item, the time it started, the original timer length, and what time it actually force stopped. )

Although I probably should take the time to pull up the source code and see if has any clues on the subject. That's a long shot though... unless the devs are bad.

Yeah I don't know what to tell you man. I don't know its exact behavior at 00:00, and even if I did, it'd vary a bit based on latency. If you want to cut down on ticket costs, I'd start at 2-3 secs left.

Fair enough on the first matter, I kind of feel stupid for never checking the source code on bid blast, gonna start doing that on the next set of bids, but I'm not sure where the timer would be. Oh well. To get an advantage, gotta do a bit of looking.

Hm... even due to latency, if the timer is still going at 00:00 (split seconds) then I'm sure you can get a bid in, oh well. I've won 2 bids up to now without knowing, I'm sure I'll win more.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items