Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Genius

Well I like to keep myself busy while fishing. I can't -just- fish, so I can either do something else in the background like reading stuff, or calculate my catches and try to reach small goals while fishing.
Domain Name
There's no such thing as too much calculation. xp

Ha that's because you're young and a math whiz xd I'm just guessing, but I bet you don't have to use your fingers to calculate the value of a bucket rofl

Professional Genius

How does everyone calculate their bucket scores (if you do)? I tend to start out with the bucket value of small fish only (108 points in Bassken, 252 points in Gambino, 396 points in Durem) and then add 10 points for each medium fish and 20 points for each large fish. And of course subtract the value of one small fish for each junk.
I started calculating with this month junk run, need to if I want to visualise my progress and the progress of some others, like Menonita (oooh where has he gone by the way, lol, changed his name to !Jaime ... something ?) ... rofl ! Then again my goal is top so I concentrate on filtering and pulling my catches safely to bank.
I'm not really good at maths afterall.
Go Lyke Go !!! For gold girl !
I do the same as Liz if I actually care about my bucket score. I rarely do though. Knowing what your bucket's worth isn't going to change what it's worth. >.>

Professional Genius

Oh, but I'm a bit ADD at times. I don't really care about the score of each single bucket, rather if I end up +50 or +120 compared to smalls only.

Yeah, that sounded a lot more normal. <.<

Prophet

little lizard
How does everyone calculate their bucket scores (if you do)? I tend to start out with the bucket value of small fish only (108 points in Bassken, 252 points in Gambino, 396 points in Durem) and then add 10 points for each medium fish and 20 points for each large fish. And of course subtract the value of one small fish for each junk.
Same. Actually, when I'm trophy fishing I also keep tally of the fish based on a fun little position based scoring scheme I have. Junk weighs 1/3, smalls 1, mediums 2, and larges 4. A point is awarded to the fish that has the most weight in each row and column of the bucket (ties give no points), plus an extra point for a three in a row, two extra points for four in a row, and so on. I tally it up as I go, and declare a winning fish at the end of the bucket.

Have to do these things, or I go crazy fishing. xd

Professional Genius

Haha oh wow, I didn't even understand that! You must have a really interesting mind, Sigma! xd

Hmm, crazy things I do while fishing... if I fish alone and have a locked room instead of a passworded room, I sometimes post letter codes in the chat window that represent the fish I'm reeling in. Kind of a way to test my filtering. +1 point for correct size and colour (unless it's junk), -2 points for wrong either size or colour.

I just don't understand why I feel I need to post my guesses while reeling in. Maybe I think I'll cheat unless I have proof in my chat log?
redface

Prophet

little lizard
Haha oh wow, I didn't even understand that! You must have a really interesting mind, Sigma! xd
I believe the word you're looking for is "bizarre" or perhaps "twisted." xd

Wonder what people are working on for fish entries? I'm surprised I've not seen anybody talking about sting rays or sharks. Or, I dunno, lobsters. Pick your favorite fishy sort of animal.

Professional Genius

Haha, well either of those works.

I'm also intrigued to see what entries will appear.
ninja

Edit: if anyone gets the No Rods error or such, try another server. I just got it on Angelic but didn't get it when I entered Grunny. I will not fish more today though so it might be temporary.
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem.. But on top of the no bait errors and no fishing rod errors, I've gotten several never-ending saves.

What fun.
Shadow of Abyss
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem.. But on top of the no bait errors and no fishing rod errors, I've gotten several never-ending saves.

What fun.

I got the same problem, no rods, no baits, no captcha, neverending save ... and so on, Ooh and I can't access guilds. I tried all servers and all lakes ... time for a pause ? lol ... probably.
EXTENSIVE EDIT:

*Waves Junk Flags for, Lyke, Votre, Nuire, Romo, and Akira Morgona* >;D Love ya all! Keep junking!!!!! ^^
Thanks for the flag waves, as usual. I <3 you guys <33. *Big flag waves for Votre, OMG its Zen, Minalie, Dread, Accy and others*
Acannae
*waves Junk Flags for Akira Morgona* KEEP JUNKING GIRL! xd

now that was hilarious Accy !!! looollllll .. flag up for you, dear ! Junk it girl !

Thanks Lyke ! Supporting you for gold !!! I need silver ! looollll !

This is fun even if junking ! lol

I retire for the day or night, I'm lost ... see you in 7h00, lol, bedtime, lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff