Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Wakatau
Gaidin

Other than that, it's mostly just making sure you aren't taking too long. Going for that 14 medium, 4 large bucket in Bass'ken (328 points, 91.1% PI) is going to take a long time. That's time that could be spent getting 3 buckets that would likely come out to double that score. On top of it, that would be 3x the number of fish, which increases the Gambino and Durem allotment. As such, it's not really worth it to shoot for insane PI, because you can just amass fish at a slightly lower quality average and get more score overall. Sure, your PI is lower, and thus your end score. However, that's where the first paragraph comes in. Durem counters Bass'ken and then some, so one's main goal should largely just to not get junk in Bass'ken and Gambino, but beyond that not care too much because Durem is going to make or break you if there's actual competition.

smile This is the part that I wanted to see typed by someone and most fishers forget: time.

My example is this January. I wanted two things: one was a good PI score not caring if I wouldn't get the OA trophy, simply focusing on the PI. After the first week, some fishers were so scared of the percentage from the PI that they almost immediately gave up. But I was like "you can still get it". I mean, each bucket took around 25 minutes and sometimes more. That is enough time to make 3-4 buckets and beat my score. Then Shirlox gave it a try since he was comfortable in Gambino. He was also concerned about my PI so he fished several hours and eventually he won. Not surprised at all since he finished the buckets faster than me with pratically no junk.

So for me, PI is not important at all. I prefer to use it more for a challenge than something to be worried about.

Damn straight I was concerned. xD
Dat PI was just boosting your score like no other. > o>
And I didn't fish "several hours", more like if I wasn't in class or when I was getting 6 hours of sleep..... if I did go to sleep. xD

[Jaye]'s Wife

Dragonflower25
Just a quick PI% question. Is there a way the total amount of junk you caught for the month can be viewed? I was going to figure out my PI% just for fun and kinda curious to see what it is. I know it'll be low since I've only fished at bassken this month but i figured I would figure it out anyways. Or is there a way to figure it with the overall score the rankings page give me, if there is that would be great too. biggrin

From what I recall, the only accurate way to get your exact junk caught and score is to be 1st on the overall board. It's always good practice to keep track of your numbers when the month starts. I try to screen my stats before I compete.
There are other ways to estimate.
Kydden
Dragonflower25
Just a quick PI% question. Is there a way the total amount of junk you caught for the month can be viewed? I was going to figure out my PI% just for fun and kinda curious to see what it is. I know it'll be low since I've only fished at bassken this month but i figured I would figure it out anyways. Or is there a way to figure it with the overall score the rankings page give me, if there is that would be great too. biggrin

From what I recall, the only accurate way to get your exact junk caught and score is to be 1st on the overall board. It's always good practice to keep track of your numbers when the month starts. I try to screen my stats before I compete.
There are other ways to estimate.

Oh ok, thank you. I'll make it a habit to write them down or screenshot them at the beggining of the month then.

Noob

Beware the Ides of March.

Good job so far everybody! Keep up the good work! blaugh

Aged Codger

wonder how long the joining problem will last...

Shy Exhibitionist

I see other people fishing, and have talked to at least one person who said they weren't having the joining problem. T ^T

Just gonna wait.. I suppose.

Dapper Dabbler

Fishing rooms seem to be working again in all lakes :0

Fashionable Gaian

[[Scarlet]]
Fishing rooms seem to be working again in all lakes :0
I just woke up and seems i got on in a good time to fish xd

Aged Codger

**happy dance**

User Image

Kydden's Husband

Fatcat

MastaVern
**happy dance**

User Image

Grats, Vern. :3

-Dances with-

Noob

These last few spots in Bass'ken are getting kinda close. crying

Aged Codger

[Jaye]
MastaVern
**happy dance**

User Image

Grats, Vern. :3

-Dances with-

thanks jaye. ^_^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
With regards to PI, I don't bother worrying about it a single bit. When I went for OA back in August 2010 I didn't even bother filtering, and even fished a few F bait because I wanted a junk trophy as well. I only started filtering when I went to Gambino, and only because I was running out of time to hit my 1/4 1/4 ratio. That being said, I managed an 85% PI xp

Aged Codger

User Image

2/3 complete. now for the candy's... **face palm**

Fashionable Gaian

MastaVern
User Image

2/3 complete. now for the candy's... **face palm**
I never knew you were collecting muthas or bass'terds xD You sneaky boi ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff